Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Alan Temple 

[https://abs-0]

@alanftemple

·

1h

Kevin Nisbet has travelled to the Hibernian Training Centre for transfer talks and medical checks. A six-figure fee (but lower than what Hibs had rejected in January) has been agreed between with Dunfermline. Player desperate to make the move so could be done by tomorrow.

Disappointing if we've accepted less but can see why.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

This is the shit I'm on about bud.
Som people are full of shit, everyone was raging at the time. So offended for blind people and now who cares?

Don't want this guy anywhere near our club. Horrible little shit.

People grow up and deserve a secord chance. He was very young and naive back then. 

When I look back at me at the age of 19 I  cringe at some of the dickhead stuff I did.  I have since gone on to build a good career and have a loving family. That would never have been possible if folk judged me as the same 19 year old twat for the rest of my life.

People grow up and deserve a secord chance. He was very young and naive back then. 
When I look back at me at the age of 19 I  cringe at some of the dickhead stuff I did.  I have since gone on to build a good career and have a loving family. That would never have been possible if folk judged me as the same 19 year old twat for the rest of my life.
Huge mistake to sign him, will divide the fans. If he doesn't score a barrow load or go off form the few fans who didn't want him will start having a go.
Happened with hippolite. I remember fans cheering when Andy Smith broke his leg in friendly. Pars fans.

8 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I agree he deserves to be able to continue his footballing career.

I just don’t think it should include playing for Dunfermline. Although I know football fans well enough to know they’ll make excuses for anyone if they play well/score goals.

Guest Ecosse83

Us football fans are all fickle as f**k but he's a nice young lad who made a silly mistake. 

If my life/career was defined by things I done as a 19 year old is be fecked 🤣

I'm sure a goal or 2 early on and all will be forgiven!

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I just don’t think it should include playing for Dunfermline. Although I know football fans well enough to know they’ll make excuses for anyone if they play well/score goals.

Agreed, pretty shitty on shiels as well. Wonder what he would think?

The whole incident was horrible from the Falkirk chairwoman cross examining shiels as if he was to blame to their moron fans throwing eye balls.

Not prepared to let that all be forgotten because we need a striker. Yes he was young and daft but he shouldn’t be at the club, ever.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yeah, I'm a little surprised that Pars have gone big on this move (If the 3 year deal is correct). I could turn out horrible if he doesn't cut it. Crawford must really rate him, to take such a risk. There will be division in the support on this  move and  the club will know it.  All this must've been taken into consideration.

Huge mistake to sign him, will divide the fans. If he doesn't score a barrow load or go off form the few fans who didn't want him will start having a go.
Happened with hippolite. I remember fans cheering when Andy Smith broke his leg in friendly. Pars fans.
Just shows how fucking idiotic some of our fans are in that case. Smith became a legend (for me anyway). Not saying that will happen here but fucking hell. Heads gone all over here at the mere mention of him signing.

23 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Yeah, I'm a little surprised that Pars have gone big on this move (If the 3 year deal is correct). I could turn out horrible if he doesn't cut it. Crawford must really rate him, to take such a risk. There will be division in the support on this  move and  the club will know it.  All this must've been taken into consideration.

I don't get the rationale from Dunfermline or O'Hara. There's so many other players we could go for and there's so many other clubs he could sign for, that wouldn't include any controversy whatsoever.

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
39 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just shows how fucking idiotic some of our fans are in that case. Smith became a legend (for me anyway). Not saying that will happen here but fucking hell. Heads gone all over here at the mere mention of him signing.

You realise just saying there's "heads gone" doesn't make it true?

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I don't get the rationale from Dunfermline or O'Hara. There's so many other players we could go for and there's so many other clubs he could sign for, that wouldn't include any controversy whatsoever.

You realise just saying there's "heads gone" doesn't make it true?

People love making others upset online then claiming heads gone to switch it back around. Stellaboz changed after the sex change.

In my opinion him coming to the club knowing the history we have with him says to me that he will hold his hands up and he will know he has to win the fans around. The easy option would have been to go elsewhere were this kind of indiscretion more than likely wouldn't either be known, or wouldn't be held against him as highly. Shows a level of remorse and maturity to have the stones to come here knowing he is going to have to deal with all this baggage before he's even had the chance to kick a ball for us. 

Also shows the level Crawford must be selling our club to potential players that this hasn't put the boy off coming here which is a massive positive for the further recruitment of the squad I think. 

Guest Axle Grease
2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Don't want this guy anywhere near our club. Horrible little shit.

I was going to really stay out of this, but I won't.

I don't want him at Dunfermline either.

But I'll deal with that if this turns out to be a signing. 

O’hara is a horrible c**t.  Football fans are notoriously fickle and our support isn’t any different, but he’s going to need to be absolutely incredible to have any hope of earning a decent reputation here. 3 year deal seems a massive risk for someone who has a lot of work to do to be accepted by the fans.

As mentioned we’ve had some dodgy ones before, and no doubt will again. How much his baggage becomes a side note to his reputation as a player and how much it will be what defines him is something that can change very quickly.

Nisbet,  we all knew he was leaving and it was just a case of who and how much for. For him Hibs is a good move and I’m kinda glad that he’s not ended up at hearts or United given how Neilson handled things.   ‘6 figure sum’ is so wide ranging that it’s hard to know if it’s a cheap sale or if it’s a huge deal.   I’ve only seen 250k mentioned once, if that’s accurate then it’s an ok amount but really should have a few decent add ons included.  Sell on(even 10% would be ok) + maybe even something if he becomes an international which isn’t unthinkable. I’ve said before that the amounts being mentioned for similar players are into 7 figures, we’re obviously not in the same position as those clubs but 250k without add ons would be too low IMO.