Walking Down The Halbeath Road

53 minutes ago, RossDAFC said:

Seen a blog post earlier on twitter from TN10Y with some transfer targets. Two given for CM were Grant Gillespie (29) and Nick Ross (28) who i don’t rate at all. I think we should go back in for Scott Brown at Peterhead - 8g 2a in 27 games last season, club captain and out of contract. Few years younger than the others mentioned. Thoughts?

Wouldn't fancy either. McGinn would be a better option. 

Seen a blog post earlier on twitter from TN10Y with some transfer targets. Two given for CM were Grant Gillespie (29) and Nick Ross (28) who i don’t rate at all. I think we should go back in for Scott Brown at Peterhead - 8g 2a in 27 games last season, club captain and out of contract. Few years younger than the others mentioned. Thoughts?
Nearly signed Brown last Summer but it never came off for whatever reason.

37 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, RossDAFC said:

Nearly signed Brown last Summer but it never came off for whatever reason.

''Jim McInally has not given up hope of keeping midfielder Scott Brown at Peterhead after the midfielder held talks with Dunfermline Athletic.

The Blue Toon boss spoke to Brown after his discussions with the Championship outfit last week and has been given some optimism, with the former St Johnstone man not thrilled by what they had to offer.''

Brown turned down the offer due to wages offered. This is a quote from the P&J last year. 

Regan hendry, Brad Spencer and Ross Matthews are all better than Grant Gillespie. Obviously in my opinion. Wouldn’t be a great signing. 
Gillespie was good for us 1/5 games. When he can be arsed he is a good player for this level. But that's when he can be arsed.

Gillespie was good for us 1/5 games. When he can be arsed he is a good player for this level. But that's when he can be arsed.

I wouldn’t have said it looks like he can’t be arsed with us. He just physically looks done. He’s easily the slowest player in our team and a 38 year old Mark Kerr still plays. His only redeeming quality is he can pass the ball well which is more reliant on his vision and actually quality rather than his physical attributes.

Definitely someone I hope we don’t keep for next season.

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:
13 minutes ago, Wardy said:
Regan hendry, Brad Spencer and Ross Matthews are all better than Grant Gillespie. Obviously in my opinion. Wouldn’t be a great signing. 

1/5 games in league one though mind...

Aye, we'll take Hendry then.

44 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, Wardy said:

Aye, we'll take Hendry then.

83A374F3-A8A3-4B73-BB91-3EE5A8D2B95F.gif

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

''Jim McInally has not given up hope of keeping midfielder Scott Brown at Peterhead after the midfielder held talks with Dunfermline Athletic.

The Blue Toon boss spoke to Brown after his discussions with the Championship outfit last week and has been given some optimism, with the former St Johnstone man not thrilled by what they had to offer.''

Brown turned down the offer due to wages offered. This is a quote from the P&J last year. 

This can't be right. A Falkirk fan assured everyone that we were paying 'by far' the highest wages in the league last season.

9 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing just how amazing this Hendry chap really is, that's when he's not up against jobbers.

Sounds like he'll be s cracking signing.

Kyle Turner, now that he is playing against half-decent footballers in Scotland, hasn't exactly set the heather alight. Not that I'm writing him off or anything, last season he was cutting his teeth at an actual professional level, so hopefully that's given him good experience to kick on this season. 

What I'm saying is, there is a lot of players that walk that league and kinda get found out when up against the big boys. 

19 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Greenock Telegraph have us in for Aiden Nesbitt.

What a sh*te hairdo, what a sh*te hairdo etc etc.

Have they released him?