Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I typed it, I know what it says. I think the clear implication of your first post is that if they hadn't been furloughed they'd have got something similar in benefits. If it's not what you meant it's certainly how it reads. "They would just be entitled to some other benefits so would still be coming out of money earned through tax" certainly suggests to me you think it's "six and two threes". Use of terms such as "just be" and "still be" suggests an equating.

You read into it whatever way you want , saying entitled to some other benefits in no way says entitled to equal benefits , I am going to leave it at that 

Looking at the key areas still to fill and looking at players released or out of contract around the Premiership and Championship I have compiled a wee list for the Craw to have a look at-

I think we at least need a GK, x2 CM, x2 Strikers (If Nisbet stays), X2 wingers. So looking around, I don't know how realistic some of these are but-

GK- Danny Rogers, Jamie McDonald, McCrorie or Ross Doohan

CM's- Blair Alston, Iain Vigurs, Stephen McGinn, Reece Cole or Andy Murdoch

Winges- Dom Thomas, Nicky Cadden, Danny Swanson or Cammy Smith

Strikers- Danny Mullen, Declan McManus, Afolabi, Craig Wighton or Bruce Anderson 

Too bored, too much time the now....

Edited by Chubbychops

You were by no means safe from the bottom two places in January.

Nisbet managed 90 minutes in one game after the window closed. That was the only game we’ve lost in that time. He only started one other game, where he scored in a win against Dundee United. He got injured in that game and missed the last 3 games. Do you genuinely believe that goal is apparently what helped keep us up? We could have lost that United game and still would have stayed up.

4 hours ago, WellDoneMichael said:

Cracking interview with Darren Young:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/well-done-michael-hes-13/id1512125760

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2hvS1H73ATeMDrskyfIrnv?si=n0OjSmFpQg6fBamJ48RpIA

Talks about some very fond memories of being at Dunfermline. What a side you had back then!! 

I do love the podcast name.

Post would get over better if you posted the nice graphic that’s used on Spotify I think.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Nisbet managed 90 minutes in one game after the window closed. That was the only game we’ve lost in that time. He only started one other game, where he scored in a win against Dundee United. He got injured in that game and missed the last 3 games. Do you genuinely believe that goal is apparently what helped keep us up? We could have lost that United game and still would have stayed up.

Hindsight is always 100%.

We were far from safe when the decision was made. I’m sure if the club could be guaranteed they’d stay up or COVID would happen then they’d have gobbled up one of the deadline day bids.

57 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye, I meant potential loans too. I thought he was better than Kiltie to be honest, so I don't hold out much hope. 

Aye I preffered Thomas aswell, really exciting player to watch. 

Thomas was more exciting to watch at times, but I thought Kiltie was ace playing off Nisbet. His movement in and around the box was fucking class for this level and dragged hopeless defenders all over the shop.