Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Yeah always difficult to accept a last minute bid but a few clubs have lived to regret it. Aberdeen once rejected something silly like 7.5 Million for Scott McKenna.

Obsessed...

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

“Help keep you up” We were comfortably in the mid-table obscurity zone, nowhere near relegation or the relegation play-offs. Try again.

Nah I reckon without him, for the rest of the season(providing it was played to a full) and we could've been in big, big trouble. 

I don't think the board could've for saw this fucking up football as much as it would, seemed perfectly reasonable to expect if not a similar offer in the summer, one a bit reduced but with the caveat that he'd helped us with placement money... 

“Help keep you up” We were comfortably in the mid-table obscurity zone, nowhere near relegation or the relegation play-offs. Try again.

You were by no means safe from the bottom two places in January.

Absolutely. When we rejected the bid(s) on deadline day we were 4 points ahead of relegation play off. Hardly home and dry. The timing of the his was everything. Had we been offered the same halfway through the month, I reckon we'd have seen Nisbet leave.

That said, were the bids better due to a standout performance against Dundee live on the tele in late january? f**k knows.

It was definitely right to turn down the nisbet offers in January. Indeed even despite the current circumstances we have apparently received and rejected offers this summer that would have made worth keeping him for 6 months worth it.  

Generally I think it’s very positive that Scottish football is finally able to get better value for their players.  In the last days of the sfl a 6 figure bid was nearly always accepted.  But when dykes Is being talked about as being worth 2 million, shankland 3 million then there is absolutely no reason we should roll over and have our bellies tickled for 10% of that.

With the championship being such a volatile league where over half the division has no idea if they’ll be fighting for promotion or relegation at the start of the season ( a difference in prize money alone potentially worth £400k) it’s easy to see why more clubs are looking to keep hold of talent than take the first chance of cash that they are offered.

Edited by parsforlife

Guest Axle Grease

If Nesbit gets back playing and resumes scoring that is my primary concern for the Pars just now and the immediate to near future. 

It'll all come out in the wash eventually. 

Guest Axle Grease
12 minutes ago, 101 said:

What company put our ticketing website together, complete shambles of a site.

Interstadia I think they're called

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

What company put our ticketing website together, complete shambles of a site.

It is a shit show, when the board gave an update on the ticket situation I fully expected their reaction to be ‘f**k dealing with these amateurs, please go to our new site’ but we’ve stayed with the fuckwits and instead given them a 10000th chance to sort it out whilst expecting fans to work around the crap structure. 

Also Lang = ❤️

Edited by parsforlife

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Your own "day job" employer presumably? Lachlan Cameron said on radio that Ayr extended furlough without taking any legal advice but after one of his directors had read through HMRC guidance on it. It's very unlikely many people would be entitled to as much in benefits as they got by remaining furloughed, even if at 80% so there is certainly a cost to the Govt in doing so. The idea that it's six and two three's is pretty inaccurate.

Yes my own day  job and I don’t see where you get your snipe comment “ The idea that it’s six and two threes is pretty inaccurate “ nowhere in my post did I mention they would get the same money I clearly state they would be entitled to some other benefits 

Edited by Robbo63

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Yes my own day  job and I don’t see where you get your snipe comment “ The idea that it’s six and two threes is pretty inaccurate “ nowhere in my post did I mention they would get the same money I clearly state they would be entitled to some other benefits 

I have no idea what you mean by a "snipe comment"? 🤔

You clearly connected the payment of furlough with otherwise they would get state benefits which isnt necessatily true as many of those are means tested. Its a very important distinction where we are discussing the Govt / HMRC attitude to this. The reason they initially encouraged employers to deal with staff through furlough was to stop the benefit system being overwhelmed, not because the cost to the public purse was similar either way. As soon as they got on top of the welfare system they quickly stopped encouraging employers to furlough everyone and anyone they could. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have no idea what you mean by a "sniper comment"? 🤔

You clearly connectrd the payment of furlough with otherwise they would get state benefits which isnt necessatily true as many of those are means tested. Its a very important distinction where we are discussing the Govt / HMRC attitude to this. The reason they initially encouraged employers to deal with staff through furlough was to stop the benefit system being overwhelmed, not because the cost to the public purse was similar either way. As soon as they got on top of the welfare system they quickly stopped encouraging employers to furlough everyone and anyone they could. 

Read your comment again “ the one I quoted “ you have accused me of saying that the cost would by 6 or 2 threes , I did state nothing of the kind 

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It is a shit show, when the board gave an update on the ticket situation I fully expected their reaction to be ‘f**k dealing with these amateurs, please go to our new site’ but we’ve stayed with the fuckwits and instead given them a 10000th chance to sort it out whilst expecting fans to work around the crap structure. 

Also Lang = ❤️

The GDPR note takes up the entire screen my laptop wouldn't let me in because of a certificate problem, I wouldn't think it would take much to bring the system in house  but I assume if it was easy the club would have done it because like you say this is their latest in a long line of f**k ups.

40 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Read your comment again “ the one I quoted “ you have accused me of saying that the cost would by 6 or 2 threes , I did state nothing of the kind 

I typed it, I know what it says. I think the clear implication of your first post is that if they hadn't been furloughed they'd have got something similar in benefits. If it's not what you meant it's certainly how it reads. "They would just be entitled to some other benefits so would still be coming out of money earned through tax" certainly suggests to me you think it's "six and two threes". Use of terms such as "just be" and "still be" suggests an equating.