Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 16/06/2020 at 16:25, Grant228 said:

Looking at our team I'd be happy with fielding 

Comrie-Murray-Lang-Martin

Dow-? -Turner-? 

? -? 

I've not even bothered punting in Nisbet because he'll be away, so Grant's wishlist would be

Gk-

First choice would be Jamie Mcdonald, was very, very good against us for Alloa and was the best keeper I saw play against us last season, from what I've heard he wants to move back to the east coast so this may be plausible? Gill as backup 

Defence - 

I'm actually happy with the four we have, backup wise with the budget being so tight I'm not sure if we'll be able to sign someone just for backup, we have Edwards, Bowman and Fenton as being the likely backup for the fullback positions, are any of them good enough yet for a sustained run in the team if we have injuries? Not sure, reckon we need at least 1 centre back. 

Midfield - 

Fucking holes everywhere, we need at least 2 wingers really, with at least 1, maybe two centre mids? I'd expect Paul Allan and Matty Todd to play a bigger part in supporting the squad next year, I've mentioned it before but I've genuinely got high hopes for Todd, think he'll develop into a player. 

I'd love to see us re sign Dom Thomas, that'd be the best signing we could make IMO, I'm a massive fan. Outwith that I don't really know for wingers? I'd imagine it'll be a loan signing, Motherwell have a few, for an outside shout Calvin Miller? Had big potential a few years back, could maybe want to kick start his career down a league.  For centre midfield I'm going to go for Stephen McGinn, he looked good at this level a few years back and there is the worry the legs will be gone and he won't reach his level of performances with Dunfermline, as what he did with St Mirren but an experienced player to talk Turner through the game would be good, also seems like a leader. 

Striker

Ideally I'd love at least three, but with budgets etc I reckon McCann and McGill will get plenty game time, we're apparently interested in Anton Dowds from East Fife, I know absolutely nothing about him other than East Fife fans do seem to like him, for the other spot I'd like Declan McManus, I doubt he'll get a premiership gig, he was well liked by the fans here, coming off a good season in league 1, coming in as the main striker would be appealing for him hopefully. 

Which would leave us with

McDonald 

Comrie-Lang-Murray-Martin

Dow-McGinn-Turner-Thomas

Dowds-McManus 

Squad Players - Gill, Bowman, Edwards, Miller, Todd, Allan, McGill, McCann. 

Will the team look anything like that? Most likely not. 

This is happening. 

Blair Alston, Stephen McGinn, Steven Lawless and Iain Vigurs all released. Would take any one of them to do a job. 

I see Cerny at Aberdeen has also been released. Him, Fon-Williams and MacDonald are 3 ideal candidates for the number 1 spot. Fon-Williams probably the most realistic given his time spent at the club. 

48 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Pars fans talking about the mighty Rovers on their thread again? Were we not told this didn’t happen?

BE197335-5B89-4B99-8FE8-40AF4A81631E-10120-00000948B9C945EF.jpg

I think you genuinely don't know what the word means.

Pars fans talking about the mighty Rovers on their thread again? Were we not told this didn’t happen?

BE197335-5B89-4B99-8FE8-40AF4A81631E-10120-00000948B9C945EF.jpg.f62a8b1675715b575245228c34cf6696.jpg
Play in the same league now so you're relevant again. Haven't been for the last 3 years, mind.

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

2015 wants it's patter back, fucking unoriginal twat.

Careful now, he'll he back to boast that he has us all 'rattled' or that he's had 'quite the haul'.

Guest Axle Grease
11 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He was our best player as we went top of the league and our title push hit the skids when he got injured.

To think some creeps on here preferred Fraser Aird ffs.

F*ck Aird. *** Kent 

Guest Axle Grease
4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Looks like you’re all rattled. Quite the haul I’ve landed here.

Only thing you'll be rattling is yir tadger, or yir maws alki pal.