Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Would take him back. He's far too good for League 1, but he's blown hot and cold in the Championship. 

I’m not sure of that. His goalscoring record at this level isn’t the best but you tend to know what your getting from him.  He’ll be a solid signing for anyone in this league.

Still  should have passed to aird tho.

Edited by parsforlife

Guest Axle Grease
9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Joe Cardle talking about a possible return to the Pars on the LB View Podcast:

”100%. Everyone knows the love I have for the club. Dunfermline is my home now and I still think there’s some unfinished business”

❤️

Good lad Joe but his time has past. 

He was brutally inconsistent and therefore ineffective before he left. 

Was cardle that bad when he left? He started that year in incredible form and was a huge reason for us competing at the top of the league before his injury.

whilst he was out aird came in and was putting in good performances most weeks so it was always going to be difficult to get back in the side.

As for his form at partick? Meh that club can turns everything to shit, I’m not that bothered.

he certainly shouldn’t be a main priority but I’d be quite  happy to have him in the squad.

Cardle needs to finish his career here. Bring him home.

I had an odd dream last night where it was 2012 and Skerla was still playing for us. I turned to @Stellaboz and asked him "Surely he (Skerla) is due a testimonial soon?".

I didn't prefer Aird but he did play well and would have been harsh to drop him. 

Still can't get over McManus not passing to Aird for a tap-in against United. 

You know Cardle will have shite spells and injuries but like Aird he's someone who will at some point win games by cutting in from the wing and smashing the ball into the net. Four good performances from him could mean 12 points. He could be this season's Paul Paton - a father figure to what's likely to be a young team again. 

Potential starting XI

GK: Jamie MacDonald (released from Killie) or Fon Williams (released from Accies)

RB: Aaron Comrie
CB: Tom Lang
CB: Euan Murray (captain)
LB: Lewis Martin

RW: Ryan Dow
CM: Ross Callachan (released from St Johnstone)
CM: Kyle Turner
LW: Dom Thomas (on loan from Killie)

ST: Declan McManus (released by Ross County)
ST: Kevin Nisbet (Jonathan Afolabi on loan again if Nizzy goes)