Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The chairman has said he isn’t going anywhere unless we get what we want.

Found it hard to believe, but we aren’t a position to sell. That’s came from the chairman that, not me.

And that’s funny you think anywhere near that was offered in January. Cute.

The chairman has said he isn’t going anywhere unless we get what we want.

Found it hard to believe, but we aren’t a position to sell. That’s came from the chairman that, not me.

And that’s funny you think anywhere near that was offered in January. Cute.

So say there is 300k dangling there. Boys going into the last year of his contract. He can sign a pre contract and leave for f**k all soon.

Not many clubs are in a position to put offers in at the mo. No way you will be turning down circa 300k.

12 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

So say there is 300k dangling there. Boys going into the last year of his contract. He can sign a pre contract and leave for f**k all soon.

Not many clubs are in a position to put offers in at the mo. No way you will be turning down circa 300k.

Appreciate circumstances have changed but Ayr turned down 6 figures and let Shankland wind his contract down (which I still think was mental but not sure they ever got a serious offer from any club Shankland actually wanted to go to). This is a lot more money and a different market though. Will be interesting. I don't think the assumption that lower division English sides have money to burn is likely to be true at the moment either. With a lot of closed door football around the corner there will be a lot of belt tightening.

It'll be very brave for Dunfermline to turn down £300k.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Appreciate circumstances have changed but Ayr turned down 6 figures and let Shankland wind his contract down (which I still think was mental but not sure they ever got a serious offer from any club Shankland actually wanted to go to). This is a lot more money and a different market though. Will be interesting. I don't think the assumption that lower division English sides have money to burn is likely to be true at the moment either. With a lot of closed door football around the corner there will be a lot of belt tightening.
It'll be very brave for Dunfermline to turn down £300k.

Only serious offers we got were from Fylde and Dundee and Shankland said he wasn’t arsed about either.

Dunfermline have had the benefit of him for a year (albeit they didn’t achieve anything) and still have him contracted for another year. They should probably be holding out for somewhere between 300-500K for him.

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

United acting all Billy big baws. They'll finish in the bottom 2 next season and Neilson will be long gone. Found out for the utterly average manager he really is.

Worth mentioning "stewarty" is one of the most deluded fans on this entire site. 

Show him a half arsed clickbait article claiming United are in talks with Leigh Griffiths and he'd be all over this site claiming its a done deal.

Callum Smith a two year deal at Hamilton. God knows what clubs see in him 

Alloa on loan Disaster 

Arbroath on loan Disaster 

Airdrie on loan Poor 

I might be wrong but how can he make an impact in the top flight. 

Over the past three years was very rarely in the pars first team Squad