Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Nisbet sounding off in the paper this morning about not getting his move in Janaury and is ready for it now.

I don't get why the club allow their employees to do these opinion pieces. The players seem to have no idea when it comes to doing press interviews, either give them media training or control what they output.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

good news, a more solid full back you wont find.

Lewis Martin might have something to say on that... for all the complications  and issues to come up over the next few months the strength of our back 4 isn’t one of them.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

I don't get why the club allow their employees to do these opinion pieces. The players seem to have no idea when it comes to doing press interviews, either give them media training or control what they output.

I’m not sure if furlough has complicated things here but Nisbet’s interview would go against just about every companies media policy.  I would think we’d have something in place for our players but tbh I’m not sure if it would stop the article being put out.  I can be fairly sure his agent will have put him up to it and with United also trying to put pressure on a deal being done by talking in public,  we could fine him possibly but it will be a relative pittance to the wage rise he’ll get after a move and any transfer fee we’ll get.

The right way to do things maybe not, but these sort of things have gone on for as long as I can remember and aren’t going to stop any time soon.  It’s just unusual for a club of our size to be caught up in it.

Edited by parsforlife

Lewis Martin is vastly under rated, would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Much prefer him at full back though, don’t ever remember have getting ripped in a match at FB.
Comrie and Murray also really good, so defence looking decent.
Got Lang to come back that I don’t know much about other than a couple cameos but think we may also go for someone more experienced to go in beside Murray

1 hour ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Lewis Martin is vastly under rated, would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me. Much prefer him at full back though, don’t ever remember have getting ripped in a match at FB.
Comrie and Murray also really good, so defence looking decent.
Got Lang to come back that I don’t know much about other than a couple cameos but think we may also go for someone more experienced to go in beside Murray

If we don't use Lang then what's the point of him? Get him and Murray established as the centre back pairing. The coming season is the perfect time for it, as expectations will be adjusted. Gives them experience and allows them to develop a playing relationship.

Judging by fans in the seaside league, Lang is far too good for that level. He should 100% be starting beside Murray. What is the point in having him? Should look to get relatively cheap back-up options, yes. 

If Nisbet is wanting away, then f*ck him, but he won't be going easy. The club are dead right not to accept less than what they deem appropriate. 

Edited by DAFC.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

If Nisbet is wanting away, then f*ck him, but he won't be going easy. The club are dead right not to accept less than what they deem appropriate. 

Disagree, Nisbet has always been clear about his intentions, he's been fucking brilliant for us and we're going to make a decent profit on him, hope he does well in his career. 

Guest Axle Grease

Nisbet deserves his chance to progress in the game. I think he'll go to the top. 

Pars make cash, he's scored goals for Pars, where's the issue? 

We want the money, Nesbit wants to leave. This shouldn’t be a hard deal to sort out. He deserves to play in the top flight and didn’t let his performances dip after all the January speculation.

Club can claim all they want about holding out for big money but turning down hundreds of thousands of pounds just months after having the begging bowl out to fans would not look good in the slightest.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We want the money, Nesbit wants to leave. This shouldn’t be a hard deal to sort out. He deserves to play in the top flight and didn’t let his performances dip after all the January speculation.

Club can claim all they want about holding out for big money but turning down hundreds of thousands of pounds just months after having the begging bowl out to fans would not look good in the slightest.

Likewise neither would accepting a bid below his value, for the first time in a long time we've actually got a asset worth money, the more money the board get the better the financial situation off the club. Selling him at the first offer because we "can't stand in his way" (Raith Rovers-David Bates) would look even worse. 

He'll be away this summer, MCarthur is making the right noises in the press though, apparently Portsmouth are now in for him. 

Genuinely don’t see the issue with Nisbet’s interview. He’s 23 and wants to play at the highest level possible and earn as much money as he can. Players at this level do not earn huge wages.

Last summer, we very publicly said that we wanted to bring in younger/less experienced players and sell them on. We can’t bring players in, telling them things like that, then not allow them to move on.

Likewise, McArthur is right with his interview though. Try and get a bidding war started and not encouraging/accepting poor offers. He will be away this summer, but we need to try and get the best deal for us - including decent add-ons.

If Portsmouth are genuinely interested then they should be able to blow away anything Dundee United or Hibs could offer. I believe Pompey had a decent season and were pushing for Championship football. And if that is the case, then he’ll be off. The wages they’ll be able to offer him will be unreal compared to what the aforementioned Scottish teams would offer him.

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Likewise neither would accepting a bid below his value, for the first time in a long time we've actually got a asset worth money, the more money the board get the better the financial situation off the club. Selling him at the first offer because we "can't stand in his way" (Raith Rovers-David Bates) would look even worse. 

He'll be away this summer, MCarthur is making the right noises in the press though, apparently Portsmouth are now in for him. 

Getting more money is better for the club? Cheers for that Grant...

I'm not suggesting we accept a pittance for the lad but his "value" will have undoubtedly dropped, much like it has for all footballers during this time.