Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Guest Axle Grease

From what I've read from a poster close to the Pars board, SC spoke to all of them individually and RMc sent goodwill text messages to them all. 

Perfectly acceptable behaviour given the circumstances. 

3 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

From what I've read from a poster close to the Pars board, SC spoke to all of them individually and RMc sent goodwill text messages to them all. 

I’d still expect the senior players - and the club captain especially - to receive more than a text from the chairman.

Guest Axle Grease
2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’d still expect the senior players - and the club captain especially - to receive more than a text from the chairman.

Fair enough but if I were to have my contract of employment terminated due to a contract coming to an end I'd expect it to be my manager who spoke to me rather than one of the company Directors.

Guest Axle Grease
22 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

RM is doing all this for free remember.

Yep.

Also, I'd imagine attempting to run a business under challenging circumstances in these unprecedented times, as well as running the football club he represents as an unpaid supporter. 

I don't think it's right to villify him on this occasion. But there's not much else to talk about so it's inevitable I suppose. 

Yep I'd agree with that

3 hours ago, Axle Grease said:

Fair enough but if I were to have my contract of employment terminated due to a contract coming to an end I'd expect it to be my manager who spoke to me rather than one of the company Directors.

It’s interesting how football fans never want football to be treated as a “normal business” until it’s convenient. I’d have expected a phone call from both manager and chairman, especially given the circumstances.

Guest Axle Grease
8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It’s interesting how football fans never want football to be treated as a “normal business” until it’s convenient. I’d have expected a phone call from both manager and chairman, especially given the circumstances.

In these circumstances treating the club as a normal business is exactly what I'd expect as it may just keep Dunfermline alive. It won't win over all fans or sections of the media but so be it.

But in saying that, in this specific circumstance the out of contract players weren't treated unfairly imo. But it's up to the individual how they interpret these reported situations, which is fair enough 

Scenes as clubs such as Hamilton, St Mirren and St Johnstone release players without being given the "bad boy" treatment. 

I really liked Paton, I'm a fan of the whole "we'll fight for each other" type leader who talks young players through games (such as he did with Turner quite often). 

BUT, he's got nothing to complain about right now and I think he says as much in the interview. Everyone hates losing their job and it's absolutely fine to feel bitter for a couple of days about it. That's good, get the negatives out of your system then move on. That sounds like what he's done and I'm sure he'll be picked up by a Thistle, or Ayr or someone. Good luck to him. 

19 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

I’ve been posting a load of old Raith clips in our thread but this one’s probably better suited here emoji19.png

Do you have the other 3 from that season...

1 hour ago, DanElderRRFC said:

I’ve been posting a load of old Raith clips in our thread but this one’s probably better suited here emoji19.png

Fair play for uploading losses, I wouldn't be doing that! 

Live that Dunfermline top, forgot Nipper Thompson played for Raith. 

Firstly, it was Lemashik that Zoran's surname was pronounced. He was garbage, never kept a first team clean sheet. Useless Yugoslavic twat. 

Secondly, Ashcroft is absolutely fine at this level if he has a commander next to him. Without someone pulling the strings, he's a bit lost and with someone utterly incompetent beside him he's dragged down to their level. 

However, he did score probably the second greatest goal of all time last season.

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Secondly, Ashcroft is absolutely fine at this level if he has a commander next to him. Without someone pulling the strings, he's a bit lost and with someone utterly incompetent beside him he's dragged down to their level. 

Sounds just like Meekings honestly.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

However, he did score probably the second greatest goal of all time last season.

It was indeed a great goal. Dunno if I could watch it for 10 straight minutes though.