Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 29/05/2020 at 12:47, Grant228 said:

Have a look at the Dunfermline thread, Raith are never brought up

Has a look a Dunfermline thread.... 

41 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Starks park open on monday along with the tips?

I honestly stopped taking raith rovers seriously as a football club when they lost a two-legged tie against the worst side in Scottish football history.
The embarrassment of being pumped out of the cup by three goals to such a club must have nipped then.

11 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
12 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
I honestly stopped taking raith rovers seriously as a football club when they lost a two-legged tie against the worst side in Scottish football history.

The embarrassment of being pumped out of the cup by three goals to such a club must have nipped then.

I've never seen any club place such significance on such a meaningless game, Hardie really did hurt you didn't he? 

33 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
13 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Of course. Defeats hurt a lot more when you’re a big club and have a reputation to tarnish.

I usually back RM to the hilt but I'm a bit surprised and disappointed to hear Paul Paton only received a text from the chairman to say he was no longer needed. Think the captain deserves a bit better than that.

If this is the case then why was SC taken off furlough if its the chairman who's sending out texts to unwanted players?

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

I usually back RM to the hilt but I'm a bit surprised and disappointed to hear Paul Paton only received a text from the chairman to say he was no longer needed. Think the captain deserves a bit better than that.

If this is the case then why was SC taken off furlough if its the chairman who's sending out texts to unwanted players?

That’s a bit piss poor if true. I’m sure would normally have been done in person at the ground. Certainly should have been a phone call for every player not being kept on, just as a courtesy if nothing else.

If true, really poor.

If not true, even poorer from whomever made it up. Where are people reading this? 

Don't want to say as your head will explode.

Was an interview online with Roughie and Peter Martin

I've since read that SC told him face to face so not sure what's happened.