Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think you're deliberately missing a couple of points here.

all I said is it is an interesting larger issue that deserves attention, not sure what your issue with that is but I’m happy for you to enlighten me

Just now, ribzanelli said:

all I said is it is an interesting larger issue that deserves attention, not sure what your issue with that is but I’m happy for you to enlighten me

You don't seem to be acknowledging the issue that the Pars chairman has raised. It would be great if the club could keep players furloughed for as long as possible but according to two different independent sources who's advise was sought there could be issues down the line. The club can't afford that so chose not to furlough the players. It was a risk they could not take.

Maybe some folk are for the decision. Most fans I know are simply more accepting of it due to the circumstances and would obviously prefer if the club could keep the players on furlough for longer.

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😲 You don't honestly believe that, do you? 

Personally I wasn't aware of her having said anything at all, and if I were it wouldnt have any effect whatsoever on my thinking on the issue. 

And by the way - "honouring" contracts by not extending them? Weasel words. 

Their contract is/was valid until the end of May. They continued to pay the players despite them not being able to work. They have done nothing wrong unless you are going to spout birthday caird nonsense about it being their “moral duty” to extend a contract.

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You don't seem to be acknowledging the issue that the Pars chairman has raised. It would be great if the club could keep players furloughed for as long as possible but according to two different independent sources who's advise was sought there could be issues down the line. The club can't afford that so chose not to furlough the players. It was a risk they could not take.

Maybe some folk are for the decision. Most fans I know are simply more accepting of it due to the circumstances and would obviously prefer if the club could keep the players on furlough for longer.

So because the Pars chairman said he got advice everyones just going to drop it and move on? Come on, you've been around here long enough to know thats not how it works ;) :lol:

The problem with advice is that its only relevant in the context it was given.

Setting aside the Pars decision, would you agree that the guidelines allow for the extension of fixed contracts?

20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

So because the Pars chairman said he got advice everyones just going to drop it and move on? Come on, you've been around here long enough to know thats not how it works ;) :lol:

The problem with advice is that its only relevant in the context it was given.

Setting aside the Pars decision, would you agree that the guidelines allow for the extension of fixed contracts?

Who said everyone should drop it and move on?

You want to me say that the advice says yes to your last question, and then you'll misconstrue/twist things.

Fine, the guidelines do allow for the extensions of fixed contracts. 

24 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Not looked into it, but if two financial advisors told me not too, I'd go for that.

It's probably a very low risk of comeback from HMRC but when you are in charge of a fan owned/funded club that nearly died 7 years ago, you can't really blame the board for not taking any risks however low. I think a lot of the criticism is also getting whipped up after the daft ''bully''claims from these Rangers leaning people. Not sure why other clubs didn't get stick. Rangers let go of players, but Amy McDonald didn't say shit about that.

Edited by Chubbychops

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Who said everyone should drop it and move on?

Paraphrasing again.

You want to me say that the advice says yes to your last question, and then you'll misconstrue/twist things.

Fine, the guidelines do allow for the extensions of fixed contracts. 

Im not going to twist anything.

Now, if I asked you if you could guarantee that the HMRC arent going to change their minds later and come after businesses who extend contracts of staff they're not going to keep on, presumably you would say no.

Just trying to make the point that advice is totally dependant on context and the questions that were asked.

ETA - I realise this is a massive over-simplification of whats going on, but the point on context stands

Edited by Mr X

22 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Paraphrasing again.

Im not going to twist anything.

Now, if I asked you if you could guarantee that the HMRC arent going to change their minds later and come after businesses who extend contracts of staff they're not going to keep on, presumably you would say no.

Just trying to make the point that advice is totally dependant on context and the questions that were asked.

ETA - I realise this is a massive over-simplification of whats going on, but the point on context stands

I have no idea. I'm not a financial expert. Or even a financial beginner.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Johnstone have gone down the same route as Dunfermline, according to Danny Swanson. 

As more clubs come out with their plan of action it’s pretty clear the advice is far from clear cut. We have a fairly even split between release everyone(ourselves, qots) keep everyone for a month and furlough them(Ayr) and carry on as normal and decide who to keep and who to get rid(Kilmarnock).

It's pretty obvious you have a problem with us.

There's plenty evidence on here of our fans initially being disappointed in our clubs decision then upon hearing how the decision was made being big enough and open minded enough to change their view.

There's no reasoning with wallopers like you.

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

It's pretty obvious you have a problem with us.

There's plenty evidence on here of our fans initially being disappointed in our clubs decision then upon hearing how the decision was made being big enough and open minded enough to change their view.

There's no reasoning with wallopers like you.

“Pretty obvious”, huh? I don’t think so, not in general. I admit, though, I did find you in particular quite funny with your blind defence of your club’s position and apparent lack of empathy for the players who were dumped. The rest of you don’t really bother me at all.

Have a nice night. 👍

17 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm happy that the chairman of my club has weighed up all the options, taken advice and erred on the side of caution in this instance.

He hasn't set out to shaft anyone. No-one has lost out on wages they were dur under their contract. He's done the absolute right thing by our club.

Move on.

We will have to see how his "absolute right thing by our club" pans out when nobody wants to sign for you. 

I'm pretty surprised his actions are gaining more vocal support, tbh.