Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The difference from any other season is that they want be able to find another job/career as easily and certainly won’t be signing for other teams so will most likely be earning no money at all for a long period of time. 

Haven't read anything about JRS which states it wouldnt be.
The 80% scheme as it stands runs til July. After that.....to be announce in detail but there's no way it'll carry on without change

It's difficult times for all clubs. The full time players will all be struggling to deal with it at least the part time players have an income 

The clubs need to look after players as much as possible but it's difficult for clubs with zero income. I just hope no clubs go under due to this pandemic 

There's no faux sympathy, just sympathy.
I do wonder what is different about the situation as it stands compared to other seasons..
Don't try and belittle my arguments with that 'crying yourself to sleep' nonsense. We have different views here but I though, until now, we were getting our points across fine without resorting to such shit. Don't be a dick please.
Aye, ok. Apologies.

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:
12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
There's no faux sympathy, just sympathy.
I do wonder what is different about the situation as it stands compared to other seasons..
Don't try and belittle my arguments with that 'crying yourself to sleep' nonsense. We have different views here but I though, until now, we were getting our points across fine without resorting to such shit. Don't be a dick please.

Aye, ok. Apologies.

Sound. Thanks.

The 80% scheme as it stands runs til July. After that.....to be announce in detail but there's no way it'll carry on without change

It’s looking likely it’ll drop to somewhere between 65-75% which is still better than nothing. It’ll also allow people to go back to part time working.

Folk who had zero problem with this until Amy MacDonald complained now wringing their hands and painting up the protest signs.
Welp.
Nah I made my position clear about this weeks ago. Clubs got it wrong, I realise its difficult to accept for many.

It’s looking likely it’ll drop to somewhere between 65-75% which is still better than nothing. It’ll also allow people to go back to part time working.
You don't know that for definite. If you'd ever run a business the very worst thing to contend with is uncertainty

Truthfully, from a football perspective I'm not bothered about any of them. 

However I don't see why we haven't got them on a rolling contract. I hope we answer that question soon. 

Maybe it is the case that simply, we didn't want to keep them as football players. 

You don't know that for definite. If you'd ever run a business the very worst thing to contend with is uncertainty

The only thing for definite is that at least 60% of wages will be covered and part time working is also an option.

No reason why they couldn’t have been kept on.

However I don't see why we haven't got them on a rolling contract. I hope we answer that question soon. 

Maybe it is the case that simply, we didn't want to keep them as football players. 
I'm thinking that too. The ironic thing is there were a fair proportion of fans on here from all clubs who would gladly have pumped most of their squads off a cliff 3 months ago.

The only thing for definite is that at least 60% of wages will be covered and part time working is also an option.

No reason why they couldn’t have been kept on.
There must be reasons, financial or ethical, otherwise every club in the land would be doing it. Can you not understand that you don't know everything about the running of every club and never will?

10 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:
28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm thinking that too. The ironic thing is there were a fair proportion of fans on here from all clubs who would gladly have pumped most of their squads off a cliff 3 months ago.

In normal times this is true but then released players would be entering a functioning job market where they could find a new employer and start earning again. These players can’t do that as new signings can’t be furloughed by their new team. If the football industry wants to survive then they need to rise above the ‘he was pish and going to get binned anyway ‘ argument and look after their employees. If these players are now forced out of the game then it is the lower championship and league 1 clubs who might have had interest in them that will lose out which won’t directly affect DAFC but then you are likely to be hoping to hoover up those deemed ‘pish’ by Motherwell, Killie, Aberdeen etc and if they also take the same attitude then the whole thing permeates and football loses. The fact that they are rich footballers living the dream is neither here nor there.

There must be reasons, financial or ethical, otherwise every club in the land would be doing it. Can you not understand that you don't know everything about the running of every club and never will?

I don’t need to know everything about the club to know that Dunfermline have basically fucked over 17 players.

I don’t need to know everything about the club to know that Dunfermline have basically fucked over 17 players.
I prefer to gather all the facts before I jump to conclusions

Why the faux sympathy now? Players come and go. Plenty have shafted us and scarpered to other clubs for a hundred quid a week more without losing a wink of sleep. At least one on this list has been speaking to a club in our league if we are to believe stories on here. You can cry yourself to sleep if you want. Me? Not so much.... 

It’s just sympathy for people without a job for the foreseeable. Even the highest earners of those who aren’t being renewed won’t be earning much more than the average salary in the country.

It’s not sympathy for people who now can’t afford a third home or a new motor, it’s sympathy for people who have lost their income and job prospects will be pretty low.

If there’s a valid reason the club didn’t keep them on rolling contracts, at no expense of the club’s, I’d like to hear from McArthur.

At this point in the average season, a large portion of footballers could easily unemployed for up to a couple of months, but there’s a very high chance it won’t last long, as another club will sign them up.

This season is obviously completely different; every club is feeling the pinch and the players now out of contract face being unemployed for a substantial period of time. If the club had the opportunity to prevent that hardship, even for an extra month or two, they should have done.