Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

33 now too. Safe to say his best years are well behind him. Pars fans getting excited about signing him tells you a lot about where they are now as a club.

😄

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

😄

Just won League 1 based on a freak technicality and they think they can start giving Fife's massive a bit of a slagging. They'll never learn. 

[emoji1]

The wee team are always fucking desperate for us to be skint. Their greatest ever achievement is Dunfermline going into admin. Extremely small-time behaviour.

Just now, smpar said:

The wee team are always fucking desperate for us to be skint. Their greatest ever achievement is Dunfermline going into admin. Extremely small-time behaviour.

I suggest checking out the Falkirk thread. 

Just now, smpar said:

Reminds me of the time two roasters from the away end tried opening the doors to the main stand demanding a refund for the called-off challenge cup game against the Wee Team. Proper "Yer Da in full meltdown" moment from them as we "Stole their ticket money" from them 🤣

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Am I missing something here? SPFL gave Dundee advice to extend contracts to the end of June, so they could receive furlough pay. Then our chairman (who’s on the SPFL board) doesn’t do the same for our players?

Didn't see that advice, however is this the best use of public money and I think HMRC will have looking closely at this because you are effectively recontracting because the government is paying the wages rather than hoping they will be able to work for you again. The Government will be looking for any excuse at the end of this and I think it is possibly a needless risk and could risk all the government cash we have already received

Amy McDonald saying she’s “sick of clubs” doing this. She says there’s no reason we can’t extend contracts for a month and furlough them.

Someone made a good point that that wouldn’t be the best idea since training could resume within a month or two, meaning staff can’t continue to be furloughed.

Tough but good decision by the club.

Amy McDonald saying she’s “sick of clubs” doing this. She says there’s no reason we can’t extend contracts for a month and furlough them.

Someone made a good point that that wouldn’t be the best idea since training could resume within a month or two, meaning staff can’t continue to be furloughed.

Tough but good decision by the club.

If they were furloughed then they wouldn’t train, pretty simple. I think players would rather have 60/80% of their wages and not train while looking elsewhere than claim on universal credit.

10 minutes ago, smpar said:

There is a reason...lack of cash coming in. Even under furlough the club will be paying part of the wages to bring it up to their full wage and as a club I very much doubt we can afford to enter into contracts where we would be paying cash out (even 20% of some wages) for an undetermined period but then having to put all the players back to 100% as soon as training was allowed again.

It's a horrible decision to have to make at these times but i'm assuming some of those on the list would have been leaving at the end of the season anyway and whilst it would have been great to be able to provide additional support to players at these times clubs like ours don't have the capacity and ability to offer that option.

Where I do agree with her is that there are some clubs who do have cash and could have maybe not used the furlough scheme....but there's probably only one in Scotland that could and i'd think they'll likely sell a player to try and even out the hit even they'll take from the impact of this virus.

46 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Reminds me of the time two roasters from the away end tried opening the doors to the main stand demanding a refund for the called-off challenge cup game against the Wee Team. Proper "Yer Da in full meltdown" moment from them as we "Stole their ticket money" from them 🤣

Surely you  paid them penny in the pound like you do to everyone else you owe money to. 

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If they were furloughed then they wouldn’t train, pretty simple. I think players would rather have 60/80% of their wages and not train while looking elsewhere than claim on universal credit.

You can bring staff off furlough at any time, your only liable for the wage from the un furloughing point, as long as they have had a minimum of 3 weeks on furlough.

Can see why Dunfermline have done this as the club still needs to pay the 80% and then claim it back from the government so it is a big cash flow drain as I’ve no idea how quickly the government is recompensing business.

There is a reason...lack of cash coming in. Even under furlough the club will be paying part of the wages to bring it up to their full wage and as a club I very much doubt we can afford to enter into contracts where we would be paying cash out (even 20% of some wages) for an undetermined period but then having to put all the players back to 100% as soon as training was allowed again.

It’s not a legal requirement to top up the extra 20%. We only actually have to pay them the 80% that the government would pay - up to the end of July. Therefore there is no cost to the club. Also, we wouldn’t necessarily have to bring them back training (and be liable for wages), if we didn’t plan on them staying with us.

They could remain furloughed, if the scheme is still open. That being said, there’s no way we’ll be back training until we know what’s happening in terms of getting football back. They won’t go back training if there might not be football for months. Just because they may be allowed to train in June doesn’t mean they have to.

33 now too. Safe to say his best years are well behind him. Pars fans getting excited about signing him tells you a lot about where they are now as a club.
Get yourself to f**k

This is a cash flow thing. Pure and simple. We have virtually zero income in June or July so why carry staff on 1 month rolling contracts without knowing when they'll even be permitted to visit the stadium never mind train or play games.

Plus as has been said maybe a few have other better deals lined up.

Or maybe SC thinks they're really not worth hanging on to. Don't really fancy going bust after giving short term deals to anyone on that list

I see Ayr  are extending all out of contract players until the end of June to take advantage of the furlough scheme.  Your board want to take a look at themselves,
Oh do shut up

I see Ayr  are extending all out of contract players until the end of June to take advantage of the furlough scheme.  Your board want to take a look at themselves,
Maybe some players were offered a month and turned it down? You can't force players to accept a contract. The players would have been out of contract and looking for new clubs anyway, so it's not really a huge difference from other years. If clubs are allowed to sell season tickets or have any other income stream then many of them wi get another club. We might even sign new players once that happens.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Maybe some players were offered a month and turned it down? You can't force players to accept a contract. The players would have been out of contract and looking for new clubs anyway, so it's not really a huge difference from other years. If clubs are allowed to sell season tickets or have any other income stream then many of them wi get another club. We might even sign new players once that happens.

Don’t think anyone is saying players should be forced to sign a contract, but it does give them the option of getting 80% of their existing wage if they have no other options for the foreseeable future.  Clubs can do this at no cost to themselves.  

The press release from Dunfermline seems to say pretty clearly that the club has not offered these 17 players anything at all.  I’m sure they would have said if they’d offered short term contracts but players had rejected them.  Can’t agree that there isn’t a huge difference to other years - it will likely be months before clubs at our level will be in a position to offer any new contracts.