Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, CallumPar said:

Everyone out of contract (except Comrie?) been released.

Think Comrie had an option of a further year, so I presume he will be staying.

Club have announced that no-one out of contract will be kept on to protect the future of the club itself. Very sad to see, but the club has to put itself first. 

Would imagine this will be the case across Scottish football, although I’d have liked to have seen them sign 1 month extensions and then immediately furloughed.

The only sensible option.

I'm not sure many of them would have been kept even if the club could have done so. Personally would only have kept Ashcroft, Beadling and Thomson.

Am I missing something here? SPFL gave Dundee advice to extend contracts to the end of June, so they could receive furlough pay. Then our chairman (who’s on the SPFL board) doesn’t do the same for our players?

Is there any likelihood at all that any of these players could be signed again* when the club has incoming cash again? Or is that legally not an option?

*obviously providing they haven’t been signed up elsewhere.

FWIW I’d have really wanted to keep Thomson, wish we’d kept Beadling, and would have preferred to keep Ashcroft.

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think you will find the SPFL did no such thing to Dundee. 

Unless that was the note in the brown envelope?

Dear Mr Nelms,

In exchange for your 'Yes' vote, we would like to advise you to extend your players contracts by one month. We are planning to start up again in July and you will be the only team with a full squad. None of the rest have the faintest idea.

Kind Regards,

Neil.

DDYB.

Edited by johnnydun

57 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Club have announced that no-one out of contract will be kept on to protect the future of the club itself. Very sad to see, but the club has to put itself first. 

Sad times in Scottish football Dfc won't be the only club to take those drastic actions. If no income no wages simple will be over 1000 free players going about this summer. Sad for players who have no other income at least if your pt the other income you have will keep a roof over your head. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Thot might have gave another month or two contract to the players and continued the furlough with Gov paying wage no cost to club. 

Really one trick pony and he's still to find that one trick. Total conman 

33 now too. Safe to say his best years are well behind him. Pars fans getting excited about signing him tells you a lot about where they are now as a club.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

33 now too. Safe to say his best years are well behind him. Pars fans getting excited about signing him tells you a lot about where they are now as a club.

100% unless he wants to play for zero Hes no going back to Dunfermline those pay days have gone 

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It's a small minority of people that are blinded by nostalgia. He is 100% done at this level.

18 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Thot might have gave another month or two contract to the players and continued the furlough with Gov paying wage no cost to club. 

That's what I was thinking, am I missing something here? Obviously it would be limited at that 80% and a lot would breach the threshold but I didn't think it would oblige Dunfermline to pay anything apart from the manhours to put it all together.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Would imagine this will be the case across Scottish football, although I’d have liked to have seen them sign 1 month extensions and then immediately furloughed.

Yes it will be at this level anyway