Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Having heard Scott Gardiner on sportsound after the vote i was astounded he would disclose private whatsapp txts between other championship clubs, what is his agenda the same man who held positions with rangers then hearts, Cant believe being a Rovers fan im having sympathy for the Pars chairman but going by the statement it appears he could say alot more regarding ICT behaviour however hes choosing to show abit more class / integrity

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Also, Joe Cardle is almost certainly done at this level. Let’s not let our hearts rule our heads.

Have you even seen some of the utter pish to have worn a Pars shirt over the last decade? There is zero standards and might as well play someone who loves the club and is a fan favourite than an absolute jobber on loan from down south.

Players fit certain clubs at this level. Many a player has absolutely ripped it up at other clubs (I'm looking at you, Ross Forbes) and been dreadful when with us. The reverse is also true. I remember Falkirk fans on their way to league 1 laughing at us signing Paul Paton last June. Dad has become one of the mot popular players we've had of recent years.

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Imagine if Yorkie was still chairman. There would be no firm but grown up statements. He'd have just been after that ICT boy with a shovel. 

On a related note I don't have anywhere near as much dislike for Yorkston as I do for Masterton, feel he got lied to pretty hard

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

On a related note I don't have anywhere near as much dislike for Yorkston as I do for Masterton, feel he got lied to pretty hard

Similar position but yorkston did do some dodgy as f**k things as well,  taking 3k a week out of the club paid in full whilst we were paying 50% wages to everyone else(baring a couple of other select few).   If there was no yorkston we’d have still been fucked, but things like that are hard to forgive.

Does anyone know what sort of things the club are maybe looking at doing for funding if there are no crowds inside grounds this side of Christmas?

I'd imagine selling season tickets with no guarantee of entry to games for some time will be only for those with disposable income who wouldn't look to call back any missed matches. I'd also have to think that live streaming of games is likely a no-no due to broadcasting issues and these would either have to be delayed broadcasts or some sort of set up is put in place to allow folks to purchase through the club as a sort of 'ticket', even then there is the shortfall in income from match day activities.

I'm happy to chip in where I can but now that the season has been called, the SPFL shambles is (for the minute) complete and there is no likelihood of even training for another month or so this seems to be a pretty good time for further contingency planning to start. One thing is for sure, the next Championship Zoom call will be interesting - who invites ICT?😄

Does anyone know what sort of things the club are maybe looking at doing for funding if there are no crowds inside grounds this side of Christmas?
I'd imagine selling season tickets with no guarantee of entry to games for some time will be only for those with disposable income who wouldn't look to call back any missed matches. I'd also have to think that live streaming of games is likely a no-no due to broadcasting issues and these would either have to be delayed broadcasts or some sort of set up is put in place to allow folks to purchase through the club as a sort of 'ticket', even then there is the shortfall in income from match day activities.
I'm happy to chip in where I can but now that the season has been called, the SPFL shambles is (for the minute) complete and there is no likelihood of even training for another month or so this seems to be a pretty good time for further contingency planning to start. One thing is for sure, the next Championship Zoom call will be interesting - who invites ICT?[emoji1]
I'm sure more will become clear as time marches on. It's an ever changing picture, think the club will be fluid in their thinking.

3 hours ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

I'll give them £10 if Paul Paton reads me a bedtime story. 

20 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Similar position but yorkston did do some dodgy as f**k things as well,  taking 3k a week out of the club paid in full whilst we were paying 50% wages to everyone else(baring a couple of other select few).   If there was no yorkston we’d have still been fucked, but things like that are hard to forgive.

He swaggered about as if he owned Scottish football saying we were going to get 8000 crowds a week. Utter clown.

Guest Axle Grease
On 12/05/2020 at 16:18, Grant228 said:

Well they were jettisoned into history and there's a good man at the helm now. 

23 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I didn't know about that, f**k him it is then. 

Nah, f**k Yorkston as well. Total disdain for the fans and wanted to drive out folk who sang in place of families, despite in no way actually catering to families.

Was he also not quite vocal about a share issue as well?

Plus he hired Davie Hay.

Nah, f**k Yorkston as well. Total disdain for the fans and wanted to drive out folk who sang in place of families, despite in no way actually catering to families.
Was he also not quite vocal about a share issue as well?
Plus he hired Davie Hay.
Did he not, however, claim that Bobo Balde was just a big b*****ding unit, put there with the sole purpose of injuring people? (A throwback Brock Lesnar if you will)

He also had the balls to have a go at the OF, and the media.

Still a cünt mind you.

1 minute ago, Chicken Wing said:

Did he not, however, claim that Bobo Balde was just a big b*****ding unit, put there with the sole purpose of injuring people? (A throwback Brock Lesnar if you will)

He also had the balls to have a go at the OF, and the media.

Still a cünt mind you.

Oh aye, forget about that.

He was quite correct.