Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Devine and Paton absolutely need punted. Devine is garbage and a few decent games doesn't change that. I can't see what Paton adds. He slows us down often.

Not sure if the furlough scheme can be used for players who are re-signed. I don't think it can.

Nope can't be used to re contract people, so all free agents this summer will potentially have long period of no income depends on what kind of financial state clubs come out in. If Paton's wage wasn't huge I would keep him for one more season, playing him occasionally.

Joe Cardle to return?

50 minutes ago, 101 said:

Nope can't be used to re contract people, so all free agents this summer will potentially have long period of no income depends on what kind of financial state clubs come out in. If Paton's wage wasn't huge I would keep him for one more season, playing him occasionally.

Joe Cardle to return?

Yes please. He needs to end his career at the Pars.

I'd love to somehow keep Thomas. What a fucking player.

Killie fans seem to think he’ll get punted and they haven’t much hope for Kiltie either. I would absolutely cream myself if we could get Thomas again.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Joe Cardle to return?

Wrong. The furlough scheme absolutely CAN be used to recontract people on fixed term contracts, although you cant give them a wage rise (or I think you can but furlough support would be limited to 80% of their Feb wage regardless).

However it cant be used on new signings as it only applies to employees on payroll on 19th March.

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wrong. The furlough scheme absolutely CAN be used to recontract people on fixed term contracts, although you cant give them a wage rise (or I think you can but furlough support would be limited to 80% of their Feb wage regardless).

However it cant be used on new signings as it only applies to employees on payroll on 19th March.

Really? That's good, I read it as you could extend it before the furlonging began, that should give players some respite although I guess clubs will still ditch those they wanted rid of

Guest Flash
31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think the contract also has to be renewed or extended during the furlough period. So, if a player’s contract ended on 31 May and he re-signed on, say, 1 July he wouldn’t qualify. 

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think the contract also has to be renewed or extended during the furlough period. So, if a player’s contract ended on 31 May and he re-signed on, say, 1 July he wouldn’t qualify. 

Yes, it would need renewed before it expires. That is correct.

9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

If that's true then I'd keep them all, offering everyone at least a 1 year extension. Right now is exactly the time to be sentimental.

I'd continually offer one month extensions until this is over and only offer them the 80% share of their wage, not sure the club can ask the fans to chip in and then keep all our players on.

37 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'd continually offer one month extensions until this is over and only offer them the 80% share of their wage, not sure the club can ask the fans to chip in and then keep all our players on.

If you offer them 80% of what they are on now the govt would only cover 80% of the new wage. The govt isn't funding 100% for furlough. 

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

If you offer them 80% of what they are on now the govt would only cover 80% of the new wage. The govt isn't funding 100% for furlough. 

Sorry I meant don't offer the 20% top up we are giving the players who are under contract. 

3 hours ago, 101 said:

Sorry I meant don't offer the 20% top up we are giving the players who are under contract. 

Employers have to pay 100% of wages upfront and 80% of that figure is returned retropectively by the Government two months down the line.  Paying the 20% is unavoidable.

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Employers have to pay 100% of wages upfront and 80% of that figure is returned retropectively by the Government two months down the line.  Paying the 20% is unavoidable.

Wrong:

Your employer will get a grant to cover 80% of your regular wages, up to a maximum of £2,500.

Firms will be eligible for the grant from the date you ceased work, from 1 March. Your employer:

will pay you at least 80% of your regular monthly wages, up to a maximum of £2,500, as your wage

can claim for a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks and for up to 3 months - but this may be extended

can choose to pay you more than the grant - but they do not have to

cannot choose to pay you less than the grant

We are paying more than we "need" to but its the right thing to do for our contracted workers

4 hours ago, 101 said:

Wrong:

Your employer will get a grant to cover 80% of your regular wages, up to a maximum of £2,500.

Firms will be eligible for the grant from the date you ceased work, from 1 March. Your employer:

will pay you at least 80% of your regular monthly wages, up to a maximum of £2,500, as your wage

can claim for a minimum of 3 consecutive weeks and for up to 3 months - but this may be extended

can choose to pay you more than the grant - but they do not have to

cannot choose to pay you less than the grant

We are paying more than we "need" to but its the right thing to do for our contracted workers

Yeah. Got that wrong. 

12 hours ago, 101 said:

Current football rules dont allow that. Minimum contract length is always start of the next window. So right now you can extend contracts to whatever date you like as the next window starts on 9th June. Once we pass 9th June the minimum contract length on the next signed one is 1st January. 

There are also ramifications for the three clubs in one season rule if you contract them beyond 1st July.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

7 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Nah, that would be a total shit thing to do.  We should take any other action first before we start cutting wages.  I'll be quite happy to continue to contribute to avoid taking such a step. 

Compared to making them unemployed by not renewing contracts? Pretty sure the plsyer would probably prefer the 80%. He is talking about what to do with players whose contracts expire next month.

Current football rules dont allow that. Minimum contract length is always start of the next window. So right now you can extend contracts to whatever date you like as the next window starts on 9th June. Once we pass 9th June the minimum contract length on the next signed one is 1st January. 
There are also ramifications for the three clubs in one season rule if you contract them beyond 1st July.

We’ve had players on shorter deals in recent years. After promotion in 2016, we gave Fordyce a deal until August, to see how he recovered from injury.