Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If the reported figures are to be believed, then all likelihood is we'll get much more thrown at us from teams in England in the summer. The board have done well here. 

Edited by DAFC.

7 minutes ago, Wee Norrie said:

When does Andy Ryan's loan run out?  Wonder how he's getting on at Airdrie? 🤔

The summer and I believe his contract also runs out in the summer. Guy I know is an Airdrie fan and says he has been ineffective, but that's coincided with a serious dip in form from the whole team. 

28 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Him and Smith aren't good enough for the championship, I wouldn't offer either a contract.

Ryan definitely has flashes of class, but he's just too inconsistent and doesn't show it enough. He'll be a player that comes back to haunt us no doubt. He'll end up going to a team like Morton and end up banging them in.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He’s not been punted for footballing reasons so can’t see him having a future at EEP if Crawford remains in charge 

Aye I think it was mentioned on here. 

I hope the management team are already trying to identify who will replace Nisbet next season. 

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye I think it was mentioned on here. 

I hope the management team are already trying to identify who will replace Nisbet next season. 

McManus will be free I would take him to replace Andy Ryan as a work horse however depends if Crawford wants a 2 up front. 

He’s not been punted for footballing reasons so can’t see him having a future at EEP if Crawford remains in charge 

Is that true? Thought it was just mentioned out of speculation here when he went to Airdrie.

7 hours ago, smpar said:

Is that true? Thought it was just mentioned out of speculation here when he went to Airdrie.

It's really the only logical solution, why dump him without a proper replacement lined up. Clearly his future at the club is over

Believe there had been off-field issues earlier in the season and the final straw came in December. Which was when he got completely frozen out and was quickly shipped out to Airdrie once the window opened.

It’s a shame, I thought he had talent and could have been an asset. But if his attitude wasn’t right/head wasn’t in the right place, then it makes sense to go our separate ways.

The summer will be interesting. Hopefully the Nisbet sale is sorted fairly early and Crawford (assuming he’ll still be in charge) knows what resources he has available for recruitment and can build a decent squad.