Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Nisbet dropped from starting line up. He doesn't look best pleased in the warm up. Don't think this window went as smoothly as we think. 
Spat the dummy? 
Every chance. Got 3 weeks until next game, hopefully can get his head screwed on during that time for the rest of the season.

From BBC website 

Dunfermline manager Stevie Crawford: "More than one club was in for Nesbit (spelt wrong as per) but the chairman has been brilliant in backing what we are trying to achieve. He was on the bench because an injury stopped him training all week."

Hopefully this was the case. 

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm glad Nesbit stayed but if the club try and plead poverty again this summer after rejecting £300k for a player then they can GTF. He'll score goals but none of them will be worth that much money.

Going to be a LONG 3 weeks without a game. Great result today, though.

Genuinely I think relegation would cost a hell of a lot more than £300k. Even finishing 5th in the championship loses you £75k compared to 4th.

If they keep the majority of the squad together than I don't think they need to market it any other way than look at the exciting talent on offer. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Genuinely I think relegation would cost a hell of a lot more than £300k. Even finishing 5th in the championship loses you £75k compared to 4th.

If they keep the majority of the squad together than I don't think they need to market it any other way than look at the exciting talent on offer. 

It’s quite the statement of how poor the club think this team is if they believe selling Nesbit could mean relegation. I’m not even saying they’re wrong to think that but what a failure considering we’re in a league so poor with two part-time sides.

Also, do we have an exciting talented squad? We seem to have two good players on permanent deals and I’d be stunned if one of them is still a Pars player in 2020/2021.

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It’s quite the statement of how poor the club think this team is if they believe selling Nesbit could mean relegation. I’m not even saying they’re wrong to think that but what a failure considering we’re in a league so poor with two part-time sides.

Also, do we have an exciting talented squad? We seem to have two good players on permanent deals and I’d be stunned if one of them is still a Pars player in 2020/2021.

Tbh even without Shankland Dundee United would be involved in the entire division relegation fight. Most teams in this league have one talisman that without would struggle. 

I'm fairly enthused by the younger players hoping they can step up to this level, namely McCann, Todd, Morrison. I'm would hope we can keep Thomson, Martin, Murray and Dow doubt we will keep Nesbit but I think we should be positive about our future there are a number of talents at the club which I'm excited about.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

With how the way this league is shaping up, the difference between a promotion play off psot and a relegation play off spot could well be having an out and out golascorer which we undoubtedly have.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

With how the way this league is shaping up, the difference between a promotion play off psot and a relegation play off spot could well be having an out and out golascorer which we undoubtedly have.

Possibly. It’s not as if a top four finish will result in promotion but the extra money would be welcome.

54 minutes ago, 101 said:

Tbh even without Shankland Dundee United would be involved in the entire division relegation fight. Most teams in this league have one talisman that without would struggle. 

I'm fairly enthused by the younger players hoping they can step up to this level, namely McCann, Todd, Morrison. I'm would hope we can keep Thomson, Martin, Murray and Dow doubt we will keep Nesbit but I think we should be positive about our future there are a number of talents at the club which I'm excited about.

Have seen nothing from McCann, Morrison and Todd that would suggest they’ll be decent players tbh. Assuming they must have talent since they’ve got new deals.

Seems to largely be just chucking stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. Then fill the gaps with a bunch of loan players. Three keepers in three games tells its own story.

17 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Have seen nothing from McCann, Morrison and Todd that would suggest they’ll be decent players tbh. Assuming they must have talent since they’ve got new deals.

Seems to largely be just chucking stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks. Then fill the gaps with a bunch of loan players. Three keepers in three games tells its own story.

From what I've seen at reserve games they have talent hopefully it's enough for them to make a career in the game. 

If we’d been offered £400k at the start/middle of the window, I think we’d have considered and probably accepted it. However, they waited until the last minute to ask for a key player, when we had no opportunity to reinvest that money and all of our domestic loans used up. They had been linked with Nisbet all window and didn’t even place a bid until the window was about to shut, they only have themselves to blame.

You really do have to consider the situation we were in, rather than just talking about us turning down that money.

I’ve been a massive critic, to say the least, of Ashcroft and Devine this season, but I’ve got to give credit where it’s due: they have been brilliant the past two games and if only they could have that consistency throughout the season, we’d maybe be in a better position than we are just now.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I’ve been a massive critic, to say the least, of Ashcroft and Devine this season, but I’ve got to give credit where it’s due: they have been brilliant the past two games and if only they could have that consistency throughout the season, we’d maybe be in a better position than we are just now.

I know they both scored, but I wouldn't get too carried away here. Ashcroft gave away a penalty yesterday and was turned inside out by Dobbie in the build up to the opening goal too. Devine was lying on his backside on the grass at the time having fallen over in the box while Gary Oliver knocked the ball in.

If that's them being "brilliant" then they must have been damned awful before!