Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Good to see he his role involves hidden things, that's helpful:
"Jackie is more there for the hidden stuff that people don`t see, things you have to deal with from a managerial point of view. "
Seems crystal clear to me. Enforcer, hit man, mule all share common requirements to this job description...

Less than 24 hours to get a goalkeeper in vs Dundee, that’s not good news.

See stewart went to queens. Really need Crawford to pull something off.

Mehmet is the only name I can think of I’d be happy with, the only other suggestions are staying as we are, ruddy or hazard, and despite them having famous names they all give me huge fear.

28 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, DAFC. said:
Who is under contract at Arbroath. 

As was Scully at Morton last january. What's your point?

Smokey above has just proved it tbh. They are a part-time club with two decent keepers and no other back up. Absolute zilch chance. 

Edited by DAFC.

There is nothing between our two keepers, it would be total madness to let one of them join a direct rival unless we received  a very good offer.
What would you constitute as a 'very good offer' for a goalkeeper who isn't first choice and is out of contract at the end of the season?

9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
10 hours ago, Smokerson said:
There is nothing between our two keepers, it would be total madness to let one of them join a direct rival unless we received  a very good offer.

What would you constitute as a 'very good offer' for a goalkeeper who isn't first choice and is out of contract at the end of the season?

Not sure, but we would have to go and get another keeper in the next 6 days. Can’t see it happening. 

Add in a new keeper, attacking midfielder and a striker and move Murray into CB with Martin at LB and we should be fine. Maybe even top four.

Reckon with Ryan and Lang going out we will at least bring two in. I’m still not sure what our best central midfield is?

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Add in a new keeper, attacking midfielder and a striker and move Murray into CB with Martin at LB and we should be fine. Maybe even top four.

Reckon with Ryan and Lang going out we will at least bring two in. I’m still not sure what our best central midfield is?

I still think it's Beadling and Thomson but neither for some reason can get ahead of Turner who I don't rate all that highly and Paton shouldn't play every week.

I could see Crawford brining in a CDM along with the other suggestions.

Next season we need a new number one keeper with Gill as back up, thought he did okay tonight but wasn't really tested. He was sharp out for the Dundee punt up the park.

I wouldn't say he's way out of his depth but can see why you're saying that.

I've been a bit disappointed with him considering the pedigree he had coming in. Not long turned 22 so still got a bit of developing to do, certainly physically. Games just seem to pass him by at times.

Think there might be a player there yet.