Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Scottish Cup I'm sure, think Allison punched the ball of him. 

Was a total fluke of a goal. Aberdeen celebrated as if they had won the Cup.

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We went years with absolute quality between the sticks and have had barely anyone for a decade now. Maybe Murdoch.

Bernardo Dominguez Fernandez.

What a bizarre signing. Brought in because Smith was absolute tosh and Turner had a freak injury...and only played once. 

Just now, DAFC. said:

Was a total fluke of a goal. Aberdeen celebrated as if they had won the Cup.

Bernardo Dominguez Fernandez.

What a bizarre signing. Brought in because Smith was absolute tosh and Turner had a freak injury...and only played once. 

I have a very vague recollection of this signing, he's the only Spaniard to ever have played for us I believe? Don't remember his game at all though.

Toss up between ourselves, Alloa and Arbroath to occupy the bottom two now IMO. That was an excellent result for Alloa last night. 

Hopefully we can shitfest our way out of it, but with Scully in goals, I'm not hopeful. Even if Crawford stays, we have an alright chance of snatching 8th spot if we replace that horrorshow and start playing anyone but Danny Devine and Ashcroft at centre-half. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

I have a very vague recollection of this signing, he's the only Spaniard to ever have played for us I believe? Don't remember his game at all though.

That's mental, given the spending that was going on in the Calderwood days, especially with teams like Airdrie signing guys from Deportivo La Coruna. 

Calderwood was fond of a Dutch player or fifty, right enough. 

Toss up between ourselves, Alloa and Arbroath to occupy the bottom two now IMO. That was an excellent result for Alloa last night. 
Hopefully we can shitfest our way out of it, but with Scully in goals, I'm not hopeful. Even if Crawford stays, we have an alright chance of snatching 8th spot if we replace that horrorshow and start playing anyone but Danny Devine and Ashcroft at centre-half. 
I'd try Murray and Morrison

Our best pairing is probably Murray and Martin but without a serious choice at left back, we probably have to keep playing Ashcroft.

I think he’s poor for the most part but Devine is worse by any grading and Morrison looked like a lost cause in the home defeat to United. Telling that he’s played just 10 mins since then.

Talking about that reminds me of a point about Crawford I was going to make weeks ago. I think he actually does recognise a lot of the problems we have - but is seemingly incapable of finding a way to fix them. A lot of the signings have been good or could be promising but feels like he’s constantly trying to plug holes in a sinking canoe.

I'd have Morrison ahead of Devine any day of the week. He had one or two bad games, notably against United but let's be honest when has a centre half had a good game for us against them? Other than that he's at least got room for development, devine is just p***. I just don't understand why we continue playing the Ashcroft and Devine combo when it hasn't worked for two seasons. That Arbroath away game earlier in the season was up there with one of the worst performances I've seen from a Dunfermline player.

amazingly we have conceded less than Alloa, Partick and Morton. If Scully can stop throwing in the only shot on target and the defenders can remain focused then we should be able to climb the table.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

amazingly we have conceded less than Alloa, Partick and Morton. If Scully can stop throwing in the only shot on target and the defenders can remain focused then we should be able to climb the table.

You're talking as if we are stuck with what we have got. I really, really hope we have a CB and a goalkeeper, at the very least, lined up or there is serious concerns about our chances of staying up. 

You're talking as if we are stuck with what we have got. I really, really hope we have a CB and a goalkeeper, at the very least, lined up or there is serious concerns about our chances of staying up. 
Planning wise that's the way we need to look at it, as fans, until the situation changes.

The gaffer spoke to official website yesterday, spoke about Jackie Mac's role within the club. Decent insight.

18 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

to be fair hardly any keepers floating about in Scotland agree about CB would be good to off load Devine this window as well

Bernando was signed when we had no fit keepers but I think one or more of the keepers got back to something approaching full fitness before he played and he sat on the bench for a while. I think he played the last game of the season when there was nothing riding on it as a token "thank you" for moving to a new country and sitting on the bench for 3 months or so.

4 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

The gaffer spoke to official website yesterday, spoke about Jackie Mac's role within the club. Decent insight.

Good to see he his role involves hidden things, that's helpful:

"Jackie is more there for the hidden stuff that people don`t see, things you have to deal with from a managerial point of view. "

14 minutes ago, Islay said:

Good to see he his role involves hidden things, that's helpful:

"Jackie is more there for the hidden stuff that people don`t see, things you have to deal with from a managerial point of view. "

Exactly my point.

Whose idea was it to "clarify" matters by telling everyone that we're not going to tell you what he does and his role is completely undefined.