Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Crawford's tranfer dealings are pretty decent apart from Scully,  and I trust him to find a few good players in this window. The problem is that he doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of the players or find the right balances in the team. If he wants to stay in the job he must pull off two gem signings at GK and CB. His tenure as DAFC manager depends on it.

It's a shame cause I really like Scully and he was superb when he was with us on loan in league 1. We've seen it in glimpses this time around (Celtic away). Maybe needs taken out the firing line for a few games.

It's a shame cause I really like Scully and he was superb when he was with us on loan in league 1. We've seen it in glimpses this time around (Celtic away). Maybe needs taken out the firing line for a few games.

I think he just needs binned totally tbh. He is absolutely rank.

If we don’t get a replacement keeper in then we’re screwed. I would rather give Gil a game.

48 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I think he just needs binned totally tbh. He is absolutely rank.

If we don’t get a replacement keeper in then we’re screwed. I would rather give Gil a game.

He was superb against Ayr down at Somerset, flapped at a few crosses vs Morton at home then dropped. Mad.

Both gill and scully will/have cost us points, gill is the only one who has put in a performance to earn us points. Therefore should probably be the one to play.  I’d rather not play either of them tho and Crawford really needs to get someone signed up ASAP that can be reliable.

Both gill and scully will/have cost us points, gill is the only one who has put in a performance to earn us points. Therefore should probably be the one to play.  I’d rather not play either of them tho and Crawford really needs to get someone signed up ASAP that can be reliable.
Dunno, gill lost the united away game for us. Both dodgy.

Scullys form really nose dived after being taken to the hospital during the Stranraer game don't know if that injury has effected his confidence coming off his line, not that he was ever that good.

Think people are harsh on Gill, he's still extremely young and inexperienced and probably should've been loaned out at the start of the season to a team where he'd get a start, with us having Scully as a backup. I see no upside to starting Scully, we know what his ability is and he's not going to drastically improve. Gill has years of development left in him and many of the problems he's had this season are coachable errors.

That being said he's not a championship level keeper. If we manage to find a good keeper during the window we could see performances improve. As well as shot stopping and claiming crosses, that also puts confidence in defenders not to do stupid things. I think that plays a part certainly with Ashcroft who almost tries to do too much at times due to his lack of confidence in the keeper.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Sad to read this thread after such hope in the summer. Do we think Craw can turn it around lads? I think you will be ok FWIW. Keep the faith brothers x

Probably not. We might get lucky again and have two sides worse than us but will probably need another inexplicable winning run to survive. A big couple of weeks to make some additions, otherwise could be a grim slog.

I'm guessing Falkirk are in-form again for you to make your way back to this thread? Can't say I've checked any of the diddy leagues lately.

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Probably not. We might get lucky again and have two sides worse than us but will probably need another inexplicable winning run to survive. A big couple of weeks to make some additions, otherwise could be a grim slog.

I'm guessing Falkirk are in-form again for you to make your way back to this thread? Can't say I've checked any of the diddy leagues lately.

Well that's not the nicest welcome iv had.... Waa just checking in with my pals across the water

Haven't you won the Seaside league yet? We had won it by now, give or take a couple of months. 

The club are doing their best to treat us to an up and down, rollercoaster season for entertainment value. They have assured us that this is basically rope a dope so we dont get bored

ETA remind me, you had it won by now at the first time of asking?

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The club are doing their best to treat us to an up and down, rollercoaster season for entertainment value. They have assured us that this is basically rope a dope so we dont get bored

If you don't include Sevco or John Potter, yes. Yes we did. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If there was no Sevco then yes, we would have won it very comfortably indeed.

JJ even had time to rest players for the play-offs...which went well.