Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm sure he'd be able to leave but there's no hope of him coming to EEP.

Would highly doubt he'd be anywhere near this league, unless Dundee or United splash some cash.

I think they should definitely do that. Worked well for them in the past. 

Still no signings. 

Which I should have added, seems to be also full of fucking dribbling simpletons who look like they just mash the keyboard with their greasy fat palms.

I believe that’s the criteria for having a Facebook account.

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:
I remember speaking to a bloke who's good for info over the Christmas period who said there was some fantastic, exciting news coming out in a few weeks. 

And I still don't know what it was meant to be. 

Reckon he was bamming you up m8

He's had my pants right down. 

Having no game this weekend has just brought back the disappointment of getting pumped out by Stranraer. 

If, and its a big if we sack Crawford in a few weeks it will go down as another massive howler from the board not to get rid now, while we had a two week break. 

I admire the work they put in. Pretty much full time and dont take a wage.
Decisions since AJ took us up have been getting worse though.
Not sure what the long term solution is? They are definitely pars fans and have the best interests behind the decisions but it's not working.

I admire the work they put in. Pretty much full time and dont take a wage.

Decisions since AJ took us up have been getting worse though.

Not sure what the long term solution is? They are definitely pars fans and have the best interests behind the decisions but it's not working.

I agree, probably being a bit harsh on them. I think they have made a rod for their own back with the 'transparency' theme they tend to advocate all the time, yet it is very unclear what role Jackie Macnamara is playing at the club. I really thought they'd learn from the mistakes made on the footballing side with AJ. Can't really grumble at the general running of the club and living within our means but surely with the money made from Longridge at the end of last season we could have looked to bring in a tried and tested manager?

This window has been a disaster so far, we are considerably weaker. 6 players have departed and only 2 have come in.
Not brought in a keeper yet either which is essential.

Still plenty of time. I’ve no doubt Craw is hard at work. Who we bring in is a totally different matter.

On 17/01/2020 at 09:11, D.A.F.C said:

I really dont understand why Hamilton and Livingston can do better?

Livvy were absolutely rookit and had sub 1000 crowds yet put together a great squad and got promoted twice ahead of teams with three times bigger attendances.

It's not a fluke or a one off either, when hopkin left I thought it would go tits up but if anything they're better now despite losing him and a few key players.

ICT also, struggling but somehow get the best out of players.

Our club hasn't been run well since Bert and Dick times. We've either overspent or made bad signings. If you take away the overspending compared to rivals we haven't won anything with actual good training or getting the most out of players.
We had a youth setup that was basically let's go and sign OF or SPL youth team rejects. Out of that we have had three players from about a hundred who have become first team players.

Still glad we survived and at least we are spending within budget now.

It was exclusively good management. Alex Neil is probably the best manager to manage in the second tier at least of the last 20 years. David Hopkin is clearly a dud however David Martindale who runs the show is an excellent manager and John Robertson is a good management with good connections who consistently has teams punching higher than they 'ought' to be. In that time we have had Jeffries, who had off field problems but failed to get us promoted. Then John Potter who is a great coach but no where near a manager. Allan Johnston who is a steady bottom half of the championship manager and now Crawford who looks to be somewhere between Potter and AJ. If we had a manager in the same mould of the three teams you mentioned then our problems would be far out of sight. However the clubs who you mention either got lucky (no one knew Neil would be as good as he was) took a risk (Martindale's past isn't to everyone's taste) or used their previous relationship (I doubt Robertson would manage anyone else other than ICT or Hearts)

All we need is a class manger.