Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, JFPar said:

Aye you’re right, we did. Wasn’t on the telly but it happened. Worst game of football in a while if I recall correctly. Connolly scored but really a 0-0 should’ve been the result.

Aye it was, got a pub in Northumberland to bang it on for me. 

Genuinely feel sorry for Lang. He's been unlucky with injuries and when he gets himself back in to the squad, he is persistently overlooked for Devine and Ashcroft, who are both equally hopeless. 

Ashcroft and Devine have both been dreadful and need dropped. There’s no doubt about that.

Unless we’re ready to announce a new CB coming in, this move makes no sense. Lang hasn’t even been given a chance to show what he can do, despite the current form of those playing in his position.

Surely Crawford can’t be happy to stick with Ashcroft/Devine? Why did we give Lang a 2 year deal if we won’t even play him in the current situation we’re in?

Gashcroft and Devine are one of the HUGE issues right now. An awful pairing, backed up by a shite goalkeeper. 

If Lang and Murray can't come in and at least put pressure on those places, then Crawford is taking the fucking piss. 

He'd better have something up his sleeve because this is getting fucking distressing. 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Crosbie, Ashcroft, Murray , martin as a back 4 but anything that prevents that results in edwards or devine playing which are horrific thoughts.   

Christmas is long gone, cba hearing Bing's name again. 

What gets me is the love some fans have for Ashcroft. Him and Devine both need dropped. Crawford has lost it if he is going to continue with a similar line up to Saturday. 

No idea how Ashcroft got in to that team of the decade either. The choices must have been absolutely brutal. 

Edited by DAFC.

What gets me is the love some fans have for Ashcroft. Him and Devine both need dropped. Crawford has lost it if he is going to continue with a similar line up to Saturday. 

No idea how Ashcroft got in to that team of the decade either. The choices must have been absolutely brutal. 

Looked good alongside Morris for a season and a half. Has been suspect alongside Fordyce, Mvoto, Durnan and Devine. I'd be willing to give him a run of games with Murray but completely agree with what you've said.

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Do we have any hard evidence that he's any better than dross like Devine & Ashcroft (on current form)?

There was only one way to find out, and Crawford clearly patched it.

What we're trying to say is why wasn't he given a chance ahead of the dross instead of wasting on the bench...and now he's been punted on loan to League 1 mediocrity. 

Edited by DAFC.

23 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

There was only one way to find out, and Crawford clearly patched it.

What we're trying to say is why wasn't he given a chance ahead of the dross instead of wasting on the bench...and now he's been punted on loan to League 1 mediocrity. 

I'm not disagreeing with you - it was a genuine question as I haven't seen him play. 

41 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Do we have any hard evidence that he's any better than dross like Devine & Ashcroft (on current form)?

He could be worse; the point is we don't know as he's never been given a chance, despite the terrible form of the defenders in front of him. Insane to loan him out, unless we are bringing in another centre half this month.

Devine is absolutely terrible though, so I can't even imagine how bad Lang would have to be in order to be considered a worse option.