Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Our next game is against Dundee at EEP on TV.

Oh well continue our poor run of televised fixtures

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Imagine my surprise at Crawford, a somewhat rookie manager, with a terrible win percentage at lower league dross in East Fife, combined with Jackie Fucking McNamara working in the background, making a total mess of a campaign with a club that has a budget that far exceeds the majority in the league

How bizarre, Crawford is a poor manager however his work with Jackie Mac (to my own amazement) seems to be the only redeeming feature of his tenure, the players they have brought in are good and are just being poorly managed.

As for far exceeds the majority of the league our budget is probably average at best for the league.

If my memory serves me right, we've never won a Friday night televised game since they were introduced within the last decade. I can recall the pilot Friday night game against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, think we were 4-0 down early on, maybe even HT. We got beat by Airdrie in the season we won the league, coldest night of football I can recall. Humped at home to St.Mirren last season at home on a Friday and then the 2-2 with Dundee on the opening weekend this season. I'm sure there are others. Anyway, point I was trying to make was that it does't bode well.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

It doesn’t take a Philadelphia lawyer to work out we’ll have a bigger budget than every team in this league, bar the Dundee clubs and possibly ICT.

I’d guess budgets would go
1 United
2 Dundee
3 Thistle
4 Pars
5 ICT

Ayr, Morton and Queens could be any order below that, and then the two part time sides at the bottom.

Absolute worst case you’ll have the 5th highest, though, and even if you are currently sitting in that position in the table I don’t think it’s unfair to say that Dunfermline are underperforming based on budgets.

32 minutes ago, JFPar said:

If my memory serves me right, we've never won a Friday night televised game since they were introduced within the last decade. I can recall the pilot Friday night game against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, think we were 4-0 down early on, maybe even HT. We got beat by Airdrie in the season we won the league, coldest night of football I can recall. Humped at home to St.Mirren last season at home on a Friday and then the 2-2 with Dundee on the opening weekend this season. I'm sure there are others. Anyway, point I was trying to make was that it does't bode well.

4-3 Vs St Mirren was Friday night I'm sure and also the turning point of our season

Just now, JFPar said:

Saturday 24th September 2016, Adam. We did lose to St.Mirren 0-3 on a Friday night last season, or maybe the season before that?

Aye that game St Mirren were class (0-3). You could be right about that then, not winning a Friday night game is very poor indeed. I'll still be there though.

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I definitely went to a Friday night game at Ayr. Honestly couldn’t tell you the result.

Is there anyone who thinks Crawford is even better than AJ? It was the right time for Johnston to leave but he was still a better manager IMO.

There definitely was a Friday game in Ayr where we won 0-1 through Faiss, this was the season we finished 7th in SFL1. Wasn't on the box though.

I've been thinking about this a lot since last night. Against part time teams AJ was great, we beat most and quite convincingly as well. The season we won the promotion was so much fun from a fans point of view but when it came to his departure just over a year ago it was absolutely the right time.

It's similar to the situation we're in now than how it was last season. AJ had more managerial experience than SC when he joined, and we absolutely played some great football under him, but that was dependent on the opposition. If we look at AJ's last 6 months in charge of us and SC's 12 months so far it's been all very similar. Easy to beat (especially at home), very little fight and no plan B.  I know Stevie had those 5 wins on the bounce after taking over but it's all felt very similar going to EEP in the last 18 months, no real identity to the team. Not enough fight on the pitch and nothing in the dugout to change it up when the going gets tough or we concede.

21 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Got 2 weeks before next game to get a few fresh faces in, a keeper and a striker are a must.

Don't know how genuine it is, but you're being linked with Deniz Mehmet on loan.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

You seen this printed anywhere mate?

Mentioned him a couple of weeks back, he'd be absolutely ideal.

Not in the papers no.