Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bring your boots on saturday lads.

I played with Hibs years ago. Would have made it if it wasn't for my terrible knee injury* I'll be able to play, no problem.

*Definitely nothing to do with the fact I was a slow turd and nowhere near good enough. 

I played with Hibs years ago. Would have made it if it wasn't for my terrible knee injury* I'll be able to play, no problem.
*Definitely nothing to do with the fact I was a slow turd and nowhere near good enough. 

I played for the Fife Select team, as a left back tae. Definitely worth a shot ahead of Edwards for a week.

Aye, bit of a shiter to see Kiltie recalled. It was always a possibility though, so I'm sure we'll be getting a replacement in soon.

Andy Ryan won't be a major loss and his departure is not for footballing reasons. The downside of him leaving is how limited our options up front are now; we have Gabby McGill and Lewis McCann as back-up for Nesbit and that's a dire situation to be in.

Next three weeks are very important for the club. If we don't get 3/4 good signings through the door then the chances of us finishing in the bottom two will increase significantly.

On 08/01/2020 at 10:54, D'Jaffo said:

Doesn’t matter if it’s a loan or not. He can’t play for another team at all this season.

On 08/01/2020 at 11:56, CallumPar said:

You can go on loan to more than one club in a season. The reason they can’t loan him to anyone else is the same reason that he can’t sign for anyone else on a permanent contract in this window - he has represented 2 clubs already this season.

I'm not sure that's correct. I asked for clarification on this rule last season and never got it.

The present rule is that you can be signed by three clubs in one season but only PLAY for two. Hence a player with a Premiership side who hasn't played for them can go on two different loans in the same season as for instance Joe Thomson did a couple of years ago when he had the first half on loan to Dumbarton from Celtic and the second half on loan to us instead.

BUT Jamie MacDonald has never been signed by Alloa and isn't registered to them. He's on rolling 7 day Emergency Loan while Neil Parry is unfit and it's simply renewed every week while Doctors continue to certify Parry as injured. These do not involve a transfer of registration at all and simply involve the SPFL allowing a member club to play another member club's player without any formal transfer of any sort.

It's still possible to play for 10 teams in one season as a Trialist as appearances whilst unregistered don't count. In the same way it might be considered the appearances for Alloa don't count either as he has never been registered to them.

When I asked last season it appeared nobody had actually considered the question. I don't think it's come up since either. The SFA would have to decide if the appearances for Alloa whilst not registered to them count against his two club quota or not. I certainly don't think it's a given that he couldn't play for anyone else.

I think it's ridiculous Alloa or any other club are allowed to do that tbh. Surely there should be a limit for how long such an arrangement continues on for?
Not sure what they can do when their keeper got injured after the window closed and emergency loans are now only the week long goalkeeper scenario that Alloa find themselves in. I guess they could have signed a free agent who was also unattached prior to that happening but how many goalkeepers are out there in that position?

I think it's ridiculous Alloa or any other club are allowed to do that tbh. Surely there should be a limit for how long such an arrangement continues on for?

And if we’re arguing about it how come they can get an emergency loan in when they had 3 senior keepers on the books? #bitter #notbitter

Edit -Actually cancel that 1 is out on loan, so it does seem they only had 1 fit keeper. Even so surely a recall would have been the more just call by the spfl?

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
40 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Not sure what they can do when their keeper got injured after the window closed and emergency loans are now only the week long goalkeeper scenario that Alloa find themselves in. I guess they could have signed a free agent who was also unattached prior to that happening but how many goalkeepers are out there in that position?

I think there is an obvious solution of letting clubs properly sign a keeper, if they can prove their only other option is "doing a Raith" and playing an outfield player in goals.

However, if you have any fit keepers under contract, clubs shouldn't be able to bring anyone else in.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think there is an obvious solution of letting clubs properly sign a keeper, if they can prove their only other option is "doing a Raith" and playing an outfield player in goals.

However, if you have any fit keepers under contract, clubs shouldn't be able to bring anyone else in.

Its about age. You can only do it if you have one or less fit keepers over the age of 21.

Its about age. You can only do it if you have one or less fit keepers over the age of 21.

Why 21? Players are classed as overage in the development league at 20, therefore surely anyone 20/21 signed needs to be considered a first team player.

Edit- ridiculously does that mean that queens could decide at the start of March they want to bring another keeper in cos they don’t have any fit goalkeepers over 21 despite running the full season with McCrorie as number 1?

38 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What's Ryan Stevenson up to?

Signed for Stinlar at the start of January from Troon Juniors...

Edited by jagfox99