Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Care to elaborate? 

Genuinely, as I haven't heard anything of the sort, and I really like him as a striker. Think with the right partner he could be brilliant at this level, but Nisbit isn't that guy and quite frankly Nisbit this season is THE guy. 

What have you seen that suggests he'd be worth keeping? Honestly, I think I've seen him put in 2 maybe 3 good performances when he's started during his entire time at the Pars. Apart from that he has been totally anonymous. 

We're totally screwed though if Nisbet gets injured. 

If that's true, that's pathetic behaviour from a professional.

DAFC- I just think he is a good poacher, is fairly quick and always creates room in the box for himself. Our problem is that we didn't get the ball into dangerous areas enough.
It's like if he plays he'll at the worst miss a chance or two, which was more than Fez or Hipposhite contributed last season.

And what if next season that is in League One, BnW? We simply can't afford such a major step back.
How will replacing the manager guarantee against that?

It's the same ones on here that go quiet when we go on a winning run ...then toys oot the pram on a losing one. The league has tightened up again, granted, but now is no time for panic.

Just because there are a number of folk shouting, loudly, doesn't mean that's the majority.

Regarding Ryan, I’d also add that his ‘fee’ involved very little cash and was incentivised based on appearances/goals and a sell on %.

It’s worth noting that, including the playoff game he played, he has made 49 league appearances before being frozen out. If he wants to leave, we’re maybe saving money by not giving him that 50th league game?

It's the same ones on here that go quiet when we go on a winning run ...then toys oot the pram on a losing one. The league has tightened up again, granted, but now is no time for panic.

Just because there are a number of folk shouting, loudly, doesn't mean that's the majority.

I never talked about a majority and I'm also quite happy to discuss when we're playing well. Which is few and far between for a couple of seasons now.

To be fair the majority of Pars fans aren't booing the team or calling for Crawford's head. The sensible majority have fucked off and done something worthwhile with their weekend at a fraction of the cost.

Anyway, for the rest of us, Hearts pair have been recalled as expected.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Sounded like the majority on Saturday tbh.

And maybe I've been misreading it but there's been questions and doubts constantly with regards to Crawfords, no one goes over the top and says he's top bananas when we went on the winning run, the worry about going on a losing run was always around the corner. 

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that Crawford is the man to take us up, this year or next. We're merely delaying the inevitable with him. We might stay up with him, I reckon we probably will but if that's the limit of our ambitions then it's farcical. 

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Sounded like the majority on Saturday tbh.

And maybe I've been misreading it but there's been questions and doubts constantly with regards to Crawfords, no one goes over the top and says he's top bananas when we went on the winning run, the worry about going on a losing run was always around the corner. 

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that Crawford is the man to take us up, this year or next. We're merely delaying the inevitable with him. We might stay up with him, I reckon we probably will but if that's the limit of our ambitions then it's farcical. 

It was very much grumbles and apathy against Alloa.

Staying up is absolutely no achievement whatsoever and finishing in the bottom two would complete abject failure. I would have taken 8th at the start of the season but that's only because of how concerned I was at Crawford being miles out of his depth. We still have a decent budget at this level and it will be better than several clubs in the division.

Of course, there's a guy on FB saying everyone just needs to get behind the team and everything will be fine, forgetting that the fans have been behind the team over and over again for years and are rewarded with absolutely zilch.

Cochrane was dreadful for you lot against us a few weeks back. Your mini-comeback was sparked from subbing him off and bringing on Paul Paton to give a bit of bite. That's an indictment on where he's at as a player (And probably Dundee as a club right now as well, but that's by the by).