Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I feel like im in the minority that thought Cochrane was no better than what we had at the club pretty glad to see the back of them albeit we never saw what McDonald could do.

We don't have any good midfielders really, do we? Turner hasn't impressed, Paton looks close to completely finished, Thomson is just back from a long injury and looks a shadow and Cochrane made little to no impact. Even Beadling hasn't excelled, although he did provide the moment of the season so far.

This Ross fella might improve us but I'm not holding out much hope.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We don't have any good midfielders really, do we? Turner hasn't impressed, Paton looks close to completely finished, Thomson is just back from a long injury and looks a shadow and Cochrane made little to no impact. Even Beadling hasn't excelled, although he did provide the moment of the season so far.

We've seen in the past Beadling and Thomson are capable but neither are showing it (which thomson can be more forgiven for) Turner was ok to start with but not recently, paton helps us at times especially when it gets scrappy but if we have lots of the ball is frustrating. Cochrane has had maybe one or two good games but never for the full 90 and won't be missed when he wasn't good enough to hold down a place.  I don't think we're terrible but no-one great, i'm not sure there's many center mids apart from dorrans in this league that is a vital player, not many managers seemed to have prioritized it( or maybe the team of the decade stuff has reminded me nostalgically of mason and everyone just looks shit in comparison.)  perhaps the tendency for teams to play 3 guys in a fairly small space makes it too tight for anyone to look great.

Reading the interview with Ross i don't think he'll play central much. he talked of playing out wide or behind the striker which with kiltie playing will more likely see him on the wing unless we go back to the unsuccessful 4-3-2-1 that was tried for a couple of games. 

22 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Beadling and Thomson would have been my midfield 2 at the start of the season and I would still like to see them play together.

I doubt Ross is the answer to our prayers however will be easier to judge when he has integrated with the team.

19 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They'd still be my two as well.

I think our team should be:

New GK

Comrie

Murray

Ashcroft

Martin

Dow

Thomson

Beadling

Ross/ New AML

Kiltie

Nisbet

I would agree with that, Joe Cardle as the AML would be excellent

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hand on heart, I considered putting him in and not mentioning it to see who would notice.

Crawford can stay if Cardle re-signs.

It's the Barrowman move, bring someone in who the fans like to bring stability back to your job. It depends if Ian McCall wants to keep him

Club has confirmed Josh Coley has returned to Norwich.

I liked him. Very raw but you got the feeling something could happen whenever he got the ball. Would have liked him as an option when chasing games.

With him, McDonald and probably ryan going an extra attacking option is a must. Kiltie, nisbet, Dow is a very good front 3 but apart from potentially ross we’re quite limited in reserve.