Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I tend to agree that Crawford won't be the manager to take the club forward - despite his honest endeavours. However is mid table obscurity not where we all thought we would end up? We have more points than last season so where has all this negativity and doubt from the support including me come from. Is it that early results and good performances make being turned over by Alloa and beaten by Ayr pumped out the cup by Stranraer etc. So has Crawford made a rod for his own back? Discuss <_<

2 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I tend to agree that Crawford won't be the manager to take the club forward - despite his honest endeavours. However is mid table obscurity not where we all thought we would end up? We have more points than last season so where has all this negativity and doubt from the support including me come from. Is it that early results and good performances make being turned over by Alloa and beaten by Ayr pumped out the cup by Stranraer etc. So has Crawford made a rod for his own back? Discuss <_<

We have 25 points from 20 games. Last season at this point we had 24 points from 20 games. Both are miserable. You can’t seriously be spinning that as anything resembling progress? Everyone was screaming for AJ to be sacked and he only had one point fewer.

Add in an embarrassing cup exit and the third occasion we’ve lost at least four in a row under Crawford, it’s obvious why people are upset.

Listening to Crawford’s interviews, I think he often recognises what our problems are. However, he seems incapable of knowing what to do in order to fix it.

He seems a nice guy and I can see why he did well as a coach and an assistant. He’s never a manager though and the board sitting back and crossing their fingers, hoping they won’t have to make a decision, is untenable.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We have 25 points from 20 games. Last season at this point we had 24 points from 20 games. Both are miserable. You can’t seriously be spinning that as anything resembling progress? Everyone was screaming for AJ to be sacked and he only had one point fewer.

Add in an embarrassing cup exit and the third occasion we’ve lost at least four in a row under Crawford, it’s obvious why people are upset.

Listening to Crawford’s interviews, I think he often recognises what our problems are. However, he seems incapable of knowing what to do in order to fix it.

He seems a nice guy and I can see why he did well as a coach and an assistant. He’s never a manager though and the board sitting back and crossing their fingers, hoping they won’t have to make a decision, is untenable.

No I wouldn't consider this season as progress however I would argue that that's not what we bought into at the start of the season - some folk even said that 8th would be a good season when the budget was cut. I personally expected lower end mid table with us blooding a number of young players.

I would agree that both the cup exit and bizarre form of consecutive wins and consecutive losses contribute to the negative atmosphere and to my own feelings that Crawford probably isn't the manager to take us forward.

Both him and AJ seemed like nice guys and probably had/ have a great relationship with the board - the board buy into what he wants to achieve (and is a long way off achieving) but I think this is what buys him time rather than the fact the board are hoping for an upswing, perhaps they expect good runs and bad runs - I don't expect a board of directors at a football club are hoping not to make a decision I think they knew even when they appointed Crawford he was unlikely to leave under happy circumstances. Hardly any managers do. 

10 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

How’s Josh Edwards been for you’s?

Shite.  I don’t want to be too critical because of his age and that he’s only been getting games due to injury but he’s comfortably been the worst player to get regular starts.   Which says a lot with our goalkeeping issues and that Devine is also getting a lot more games than his ability deserves. 

It’s possible he might develop well over the next few years but right now it’s way too early in his development to be playing at this level.  It was clear last week his teammates have totally lost trust in him. 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Shite.  I don’t want to be too critical because of his age and that he’s only been getting games due to injury but he’s comfortably been the worst player to get regular starts.   Which says a lot with our goalkeeping issues and that Devine is also getting a lot more games than his ability deserves. 

It’s possible he might develop well over the next few years but right now it’s way too early in his development to be playing at this level.  It was clear last week his teammates have totally lost trust in him. 

Giveth and taketh. 😂😂

AJ accumulated same amount of points last season and was dumped for not making the progress we were looking for. Crawford absolutely has to go before it gets any worse. But the happy clappers will see us get relegated to League 1, give a Gallic shrug and say “Awk well, that’s football. At least we have a club.”

We’re 100% going to be in a relegation scrap again like last season, but this season I don’t think we can rely on teams being even shitter than us.

Crawford has more or less achieved what AJ did. And AJ went. What i think is giving Crawford more time is fact he is bringing on the youngsters and has secured us players we cpuld one day get fees on. I no of course JA did this with Jackson Longridge of course. SC approach with younger players means he is trying out a more "harder to get right plan"than AJ. But AJ never really had issues with paft time teams. Ok Alloa at east end in last season aside he tended to beat part time sides in league and cup 9 times out of 10. Crawfords era seen is lose to Raith, Edinburgh,Arbroath, Alloa and Stranraer which are games i think AJ would have won.I say time for SC to go personally though as like everyone else..i think he has the right idea..and done some good things..but he cant make it work where it counts most on the pitch.

Sick of the almost arrogant attitude of this board ignoring what a majority of the fan base can see. Same happened with AJ as is happening now. They bleat on about how we had to cut our cloth this season without taking any accountability for that fact that this was solely down to them making a complete tit of it and giving AJ an inexplicable two year deal. 

Also don't see anything behind the argument of keeping Crawford because 'we won't go up or down this season'. f**k that this league is utter pony this year, make a change an get in the top four for at least a couple more bumper crowds if budgets are the be all and end all as they try to make out to us. 

If crowds are crucial, then we’re doing pretty damn well as we’re 12th on average in Scotland, without the luxury of playing the bigot brothers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs et al every week.

Said it plenty times before, we have a loyal fanbase that the board are happy to chuck us all under the bus but won’t keep us updated when the vast majority are demanding change.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Lose next week and we are in a relegation battle, if not already.

We most certainly are already in one. Losing next week would just make things even worse. Sadly, I don’t think the club are even considering letting him go and Crawford doesn’t sound like he feels under any pressure whatsoever, nor do any of the local journos even ask him about it

23 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Did anyone get a programme yesterday and can post the Team of the Decade?

Club haven’t bothered to post anything online about it, despite plugging for weeks.

From memory

Gallagher

Woods Ashcroft Morris Longridge

W.Gibson Mason Hardie Cardle

Faiss Kirk

Edited by Adam101