Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is Harry Cochrane playing well? Asking because we're shite and i'm clutching at straws...

Fairly inconsistent. When we’ve played well lately, he’s looked fairly decent. Games like Saturday, when things are tough, he seems to go into hiding a bit and struggles a bit with the physical side of things. He also gets caught wanting too much time on the ball. He’s young and he’ll learn, but I’d be surprised if he offered you more than you currently have right now.

Would imagine he might be back with you in January, we have Joe Thomson coming back. If he’s the same player he was before injury, he’ll start ahead of Cochrane in our team. If you want to stay up (can’t believe I’m even saying that to a Hearts fan), you need better than someone who isn’t guaranteed a start with us.

I’d imagine there’s a good chance McDonald will play at the weekend, with Kiltie suspended for us. Will be interesting to see what he can offer.

Cochrane is incredibly talented for someone so young, very composed on the ball and will thrive in a team with great movement ahead and around him. Future Scotland star I feel, for whom he'll struggle because Scotland have f*ck all movement off the ball.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Cochrane is incredibly talented for someone so young, very composed on the ball and will thrive in a team with great movement ahead and around him. Future Scotland star I feel, for whom he'll struggle because Scotland have f*ck all movement off the ball.

Think this is quite a pertinent point. 

Cochrane has been playing as our deepest midfielder, there to take the ball from the centre backs and him getting played there coincided with our recent good run, he's a good player and when he plays well inevitably we do. 

It's a bit simplistic to say that Joe comes in for him, they're playing different roles in the team. 

50 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Didn't see Saturday's game but I'm actually encouraged about us mounting a fightback from 4-1 and a man down. Would be very easy to let that turn into an absolute drubbing.

That being said, I haven't seen the goals yet and apparently they're horrific.

Aye I feel broadly similar. Not gonna bother with the highlights tbh. 

Just watched the highlights. Atrocious defending all round.

Might just be me but doesn't look like much affinity between the Dundee players themselves or between them & their supporters?

Kilties 2 bookings look fully deserved also so he sadly had to go.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Can't have been great for him that we suddenly lose and concede 4.

He was quite flappy on crosses especially later on he was coming for things that were never his, I don’t know if that was a result of losing trust in his center backs or purely just being Scully.

He made a couple of good saves and wasn’t at fault for any of the goals.  

Bottom line, neither Scully or Gill have shown they are a reliable No 1 moving forward.

I'd try and get Cerny on loan from Aberdeen if it was at all feasible.

Cerny would be a huge boost.

Goalkeeper is our weakest area just now and if we can get someone of quality in then that needs to be the priority in January.

I had thought previously that we could try and squeeze Alloa out and get McDonald on loan with us but it looks like he played for killie in the Europa league which I believe means he can’t play for another club this season.

Center back should be fine once Murray and Lang return. Wingers might be a problem if either McDonald or Kiltie get recalled/coley injury is long term. Think we’re good everywhere else ideally another experienced option.

ETA-

To be absolutely ridiculous Micheal McGovern. 3rd choice for Norwich, we have some form of connection with them(coley) and maybe he’ll want a few months of regular football in the run up to euro 2020(play-offs initially) plus as mentioned there’s an ex-Falkirk quota that isn’t being currently met.

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Center back should be fine once Murray and Lang return. Wingers might be a problem if either McDonald or Kiltie get recalled/coley injury is long term. Think we’re good everywhere else ideally another experienced option.

We don't really know what Murray, Lang and McDonald will bring to the table, as they have four competitive appearances between them.

We don't really know what Murray, Lang and McDonald will bring to the table, as they have four competitive appearances between them.

We don’t know exactly but if we consider them good enough signings originally then there’s nothing to say we can’t move forward on that basis.

We have as much(if not slightly more) to judge them on than any potential signing.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Pish. Murray and Lang are the new Nesta Maldini.

Correct. Sick of the typical Fifer attitude talking these players down. Maldini is quoted saying Murray and Lang are better CB's than he ever was*

*Probably 

19 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Cerny would be a huge boost.

He would be an exceptional signing. 

Coley, Cochrane and McDonald returning to their parent clubs should free up some wages.