Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Brilliant result tonight. Great to see us respond by the disappointment of Alloa and Stranraer with 2 big results. 5 wins in our last 7 league games and up to 4th in the league.

Credit where it’s due, Crawford has got it right the last 2 games, in a league where it’s very hard to get a run of form.

On a side note, was pleased to see Martin get the armband for the second half. His attitude has been spot on and he’s been my player of the year so far. Turning into a very solid defender - easy to forget he’s only 23!

There's a few positions which I'm surprised there's any variation in tbh. 

Barlow has been our best goalkeeper, Murdoch does come close but he wasn't on Gallachers level. 

Woods by a distance at right back. 

Morris at centre back. 

Cardle at left mid

Hardie in centre mid

Kirk and Clark upfront

Could even argue that McCann should be a cert, title winning captain who was going to burst Walker after the Derby? Come on in shagger x

Anyone picking Faiss is at it IMO, baffling. 

Fais the only player to score 30 goals in a season in my lifetime so he got a vote from me.

Great result tonight, fully deserved and could have been more comfortable if I'm honest. Ayr chucking balls into the box and us standing off for the last 10 made it look a lot closer than it was. Nisbet, Turner (x2) and Ryan all had very good chances outeith the goal. Thought Devine and Beadling were excellent and everything we did going forward was going through Ryan Dow (except the goal[emoji23]).

Announce Rangers 7 figure bid for Nisbet.

Steven Bell had potential to go on and be a massive player for us going into the SPL, and maybe back in the First Division. Even though our squad was utter shit, Bell’s availability might have meant we didn’t need to bring in shite like Paul fucking Burns.

Steven Bell had potential to go on and be a massive player for us going into the SPL, and maybe back in the First Division. Even though our squad was utter shit, Bell’s availability might have meant we didn’t need to bring in shite like Paul fucking Burns.

Am I right in thinking Steven Bell didn’t kick a ball for us after around September/October 2010? His best form for us was probably from January 2010 until his injury, but his lack of appearances in the decade make him a very bizarre nomination.

Steven Bell looked like he was destined for the top of Scottish football tbh. He had all the right attributes, technically, physically to succeed. But injuries really took their toll on him unfortunately. Similar to Ryan Wallace who was in great form before his injuries.

As for team of the decade a midfield pairing of bit Nate and BMMMH would strike fear into the prime Barca midfield [emoji1787]

Am I right in thinking Steven Bell didn’t kick a ball for us after around September/October 2010? His best form for us was probably from January 2010 until his injury, but his lack of appearances in the decade make him a very bizarre nomination.
Aye pretty much. Done his cruciate down at Cappielow in November 2010 and we never seen him play for the Pars again. He had been immense that year but was much maligned prior to that. McIntyre seemed to see him as a right midfielder which wasnt his position whatsoever. Moved him inside and he was superb.

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Anyone picking Faiss is at it IMO, baffling. 

Factually, Nicky Clark should absolutely partner Kirk up top. Just couldn't bring myself to select the p***k though, so I went with Faiss.

Think most Pars fans will agree on the majority of the team. Anyone not picking Gallacher, Woods, Cardle, Hardie and Kirk should be barred from EEP for life.

Sad state of affairs when a guy like Jackson Longridge, who had maybe 3 good months in a Pars shirt, is in the running for Team of the Decade.

Big fan of the Stevie Bell love in. Obviously never knew him as a great midfielder but he’s managed to come back and do well as a solid centre back for us. Absolutely no chance we would’ve beaten Raith to the title without him signing in January.

Big fan of the Stevie Bell love in. Obviously never knew him as a great midfielder but he’s managed to come back and do well as a solid centre back for us. Absolutely no chance we would’ve beaten Raith to the title without him signing in January.

IIRC, he had a really slow start with us and wasn’t well liked by many fans at first. By 2009/10 and then into our title winning season he was outstanding, got a horrible injury at Cappielow before Christmas though.

He must really hurt thinking about where his career could have gone if it wasn’t for that injury, I’m sure a move to an SPL side would have been on the cards by the end of 2010/11, if not in the January window.

40 minutes ago, smpar said:

IIRC, he had a really slow start with us and wasn’t well liked by many fans at first. By 2009/10 and then into our title winning season he was outstanding, got a horrible injury at Cappielow before Christmas though.

He must really hurt thinking about where his career could have gone if it wasn’t for that injury, I’m sure a move to an SPL side would have been on the cards by the end of 2010/11, if not in the January window.

@Grant228 already mentioned him playing at right midfield and he's right- Bell was stinking the place out playing there. As soon as he moved back into his natural central role he was fantastic, better than his Stirling days where he shone before. 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Bells goal against Dundee in a blizzard was amazing.

Willie Gibson put in one of the best wing performances I've ever seen at East end that night too. The Dundee right back Eric Paton was subbed at half time.