Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Seeing as how we’re entering in to a new decade, who would you say is the Pars figure of the 2010s? If your answer is anyone but Martin Hardie, you are wrong. Hopefully gets inducted in to the Hall of Fame soon.

After today by my reckoning Nisbet needs 6 goals before the end of the season to be our best goalscorer since Crawford got 22 in 02/03(faiss destroying league 1 diddies aside)

Sorel Chemin or Paul George it's a toss up between them

I once watched Chemin in a reserve match when he first joined, the boy had literally no idea where he was meant to be on the pitch. Spent most of the time standing way out of position, bench and half the team screaming at him before someone would eventually go over to him and direct him to a more appropriate position.

Up there with phinn getting picked up and moved to where he should’ve been standing at corners by our keeper at the time(who for some reason I can’t remember)

Paul George had me quite excited, he had ripped us a new arsehole in the youth cup final a couple of years earlier and there was 0 doubt in my mind that he’d tear up league 1.

I was very wrong.

We've done nothing of note this decade, bar winning the First Division,* which might have resulted in the lack of options. Also, we could have died this decade as well, so there's that. 

Still believe Martin Hardie is up there with the all-time heroes. He won us that league. 

*Would you count the League 1 triumph? I personally wouldn't, as much fun as it was. 

Edited by DAFC.

It's hard when it's a strict 442. Ended up with: 
Murdoch
Woods, Martin, Rusty, McCann
Graham, Hardie, Falkingham, Cardle
Kirk, Moffat
Which is horrible because I want Geggan in that line up. 

Aye 4-4-2 is pretty restrictive, I look at the Center mid options and wonder how only 2 get in when it’s by far our best position. Similarly i was the manager with those full back options then I’d be asking McMillan to move across to left back. It might not be his natural position but he’s comfortable there and would be a better choice than the natural left backs.

Was thinking this myself. Surely better just having a shorter shortlist for positions, than having Chris Smith, Ross Millen, Fraser Aird etc...

It’s just a reminder of how shit we’ve been at times,

Here’s Ross Millen, mind him? He was the boo boy favorite during some dismal league 1 football, and here’s Callum woods ever present in the 2011 title winning side moved to the England and has spent most of the rest of the decade playing championship football down there. Vote now.

Went for
Gallagher
Woods rusty Morris longridge
Gibson mason hardie cardle
Faiss Kirk

Midfield was easy tho as said geggan deserves to be in the side but anyone that can scroll past mason and hardie is mental.

I feel sorry for Murdoch played a much bigger role this decade but went for Gallagher based more on talent than sentiment. Less so for Ashcroft/Martin who’ve been with us a while and miss out to a guy who basically only played for a couple of months and sat out injured whilst we got relegated. But when those few months win you a title it’s massive.

Clark would probably want in, he gave us a few seasons of reliable goals whilst faiss gave us 1 superb season and 1 terrible season with the rest of his time being a bit part player. But he was absolutely brilliant that year and I prefer to think last season didn’t happen.

42 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Even Nicky Phinn. There was a time when he was on absolute fire.

For me though, Cardle and Kirk are probably the only 100% MUST have there. 

Martin Hardie is first pick m9.