Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Your argument boils down to Crawford's record being almost identical to AJ's from last season. A reminder that at this time last season, everyone was demanding AJ's head because the results had been so poor. You say mid-table like we're not two points off a relegation play-off spot.
That's before taking into account that it doesn't simply come down to how many points are on the board. Under Crawford this season, we've already lost to Arbroath, Alloa, Stranraer and Edinburgh City. After each game, he's either made a silly excuse or just shrugged and said he had no idea what happened. The man is out of his depth, he's a decent youth coach that's been handed a job he's not qualified for but could never turn down because of his love for the club.
Like I said a few pages ago, the only successful thing he's done so far - other than bring in Ryan Dow - is make total and complete mediocrity seem like success.

But I’m not saying Crawford is doing a good job. Nobody is. I was arguing with the people claiming that the likes of John Hughes would definitely improve things. There is no guarantee that any new manager, regardless of experience, would improve results/performances. Let alone someone like Hughes, who was a complete and utter disaster when he was thrown into a position like this before.

I used AJ’s record as a (very recent) example to show how ridiculous your whole ‘couldn’t do any worse’ attitude is. We genuinely started worse last season, with a stronger squad and bigger budget than we have now. At no point have I said Crawford is doing a good job and his job should be safe, I’ve simply put forward the point that a new manager doesn’t guarantee better results/performances. But you know that and have changed your argument to ‘he isn’t doing well enough’ - which nobody is debating.

The reality is, our current squad is that of a mid-table championship team. That’s where we are. There is a chance that a new manager would improve our fortunes, but there’s also a chance they would come in and do worse, regardless of how experienced they are.

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Again, if this was John Hughes, Stuart McCall, Craig Levein etc that had presided over this period then not one person would be defending them.

I'm also not convinced about the "massive budget cuts" line either tbh. Sounds like a good excuse to put up the admission prices. If they have had to make significant savings, it's only because the club has wasted so much money on shite players. Of course, the pre-season statement from the club suggested it was all the fans' fault for not turning up in big enough numbers so I guess I must have taken leave of my senses to even suggest such a thing.

I also cant remember that?

Like I said a few pages ago, the only successful thing he's done so far - other than bring in Ryan Dow - is make total and complete mediocrity seem like success.

Crawford should be praised for the vast majority of signings he’s made this season. Players like Turner, Kiltie and Nisbet are all evidently excellent players for this level; they were all tipped to be going to clubs in a better position than ourselves and should be doing a lot better, they’re just not being used well.

Regardless of budget and all that shite, this squad is seriously underperforming under Crawford, that’s almost solely his fault, and not the players’.

When John Hughes took over from Locke he did indeed inherit a sinking ship. He then proceeded it to steer it full speed into an iceberg. 

Be very, very wary of thinking things can't get any worse. They absolutely can, he is a fucking cretin. 

I'm with Callumpar on this one, although Poets argues the case well for getting rid. However (and I get it's not much of a choice) I'd far rather take the struggle with Crawford than an absolute buffoon like Hughes. There's got to be a reason why a fair amount of jobs at this level have passed him by.

For me, the instability of sacking Crawford and just aimlessly hoping a new manager (are people seriously suggesting Yogi and McKinnon?!?) Is too risky. We are in a very tight league but for me Crawford has recruited well and we will be fine this season. I think adding a new striker and winger would benefit us in January if possible. If McDonald manages to get fit I think that'll have an impact, and if we can get Murray back we can be a threat from set pieces hopefully. We are just missing a Moffat type imo up front, someone who will come back and do the dirty work to set up for a strike partner. I just don't feel Ryan or Nisbet can play like that. Unless we are rock bottom at Christmas I'd be surprised if we changed manager.

21 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

It doesn't take a huge leap to go from "Hughes or McKinnon are better managers than Crawford" to "replace Crawford with Hughes or McKinnon" though, does it?

To me they were completely separate points and fairly easy to be taken on separate measures. 

On 26/11/2019 at 20:39, Rob1885 said:

A lot of new manager chat in here when theres no noises coming from the club that SC's job is under threat.

Whatever your club does, DO NOT appoint Hughes!!     

The man is a nightmare, he tore the heart out of our team in quick time, lost the dressing room and did not stick around after our last match, he was straight off.

The guy has no class or social/ man management skills.....BTW ....do not appoint Gary Locke either!!

Hope this helps...................;)

Edited by Wee Sandy

21 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Mad how we are so reliant on a player signed in the summer from Peterhead.

He signed for a club that would play him every week, I think there are numerous Scottish players who rot their career away on a bench somewhere.