Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 20/11/2019 at 16:47, DAFC. said:

I, and a good few other Pars fans, won a good amount of coin on that 7-1 home win against Cowden. I had left the game at 6-0 to catch my train, and was absolutely stunned to see that it finished 7-1 with a fiver on that exact result. I was buzzing out my tits that full journey home.

On 20/11/2019 at 17:36, Stellaboz said:

Haha, aye threw in a quid that morning a 100-1.

One poster on here had put on 7-0 Pars and I believe his face when Scullion scored was a sight to behold...

Boy a ken stuck a tenner along with his old man on 7-1. He cashed out for a tidy enough profit at 5-0 but nowhere near what he would have got had it ran.

Him and his dad sat in different parts of the North West and his dad cane running up to him at full time absolutely buzzing [emoji24][emoji23].

'Sorry dad'

I think we’re just shite tbh. Ashcroft, Paton, Ryan, Martin are all old and experienced enough to be able to help out the younger ones.

Very rarely read .net but it’s gone apeshit thus far tonight with regards to Crawford getting the sack. Not often you see that; it’s usually filled with the happy clapping shite.

Effort NIL
Attitude NIL
Commitment NIL
Stranraer 1

3 f*****g hours down in the car along with a few hundred others. To see that? Speechless

Feel for you mate. Good on you for going down. They don’t deserve our support.

Crawford has had two mini spells where we picked up good results and looked to have a bit of fight about us.

The rest of his reign has been unmitigated shite.

I was fairly convinced he wasn’t the man after his second game - also an embarrassing cup exit - and everything since has just reaffirmed that initial belief.

Crawford clearly feeing the heat tonight as well; throwing the players under the bus in his post match comments and taking very little blame himself. That’s always the action of a man on borrowed time.

Football always surprises you so I’m not going to say he’ll never make a good first team manager but he seems like a good youth coach that is out of his depth and we simply shouldn’t and can’t wait for him to make the grade.

Crawford has had two mini spells where we picked up good results and looked to have a bit of fight about us.
I was fairly convinced he wasn’t the man after his second game - also an embarrassing cup exit - and everything since has just reaffirmed that initial belief.
Crawford clearly feeing the heat tonight as well; throwing the players under the bus in his post match comments and taking very little blame himself. That’s always the action of a man on borrowed time.
Football always surprises you so I’m not going to say he’ll never make a good first team manager but he seems like a good youth coach that is out of his depth and we simply shouldn’t and can’t wait for him to make the grade.

Spot on. I think what he and Shields could do with youth development would be great and they seem to be good with younger guys and training them, but he’s out his depth for the big boys game. He should be offered the youth gig with Shields and allow someone else to come in.

Two shocking cup knock-outs to lower league opposition, a poor win percentage and absolute shitfest football, devoid of any real tactical nouse. The past year or so has been utter shite.

It wouldn’t happen obviously, but I’d take Dick Campbell in a second.

I don’t think there needs to be an exact replacement in mind. Admit the Crawford experiment is unlikely to bear fruit, give Shields caretaker gig for 2/3 games, ask for applications and pick the best candidate.

I know Dick Campbell is popular locally and has done a good job at Arbroath but doesn’t seem the right man for me. Not sure he’d want to go full time again anyway tbh.

Should say I don’t expect them to ditch Crawford any time soon, which is a shame for him really. No one wants to see a man who did so well on the pitch for the Pars end up getting abuse from fans but that’s where we are inevitably heading.

Just like with the AJ situation the board will dither until Crawfords reputation is destroyed with the fans which would be an absolute disgrace given what he did on the pitch for us. They seem to have a real issue with holding their hands up and accepting mistakes they've made but were quite happy to chuck the fans under the bus numerous times the last couple of years 🤔

It’s odd. During these good spells(I’d say we’ve had 3 tbf winning streak last year, league cup and opening couple of games, recent good run before Alloa) it really looks like we might have something going for us and then it goes wrong and we can’t get out of a shite slump for ages. It’s not a case of inconsistency week to week or performances slowly dropping/improving over a period of time. It’s like we suddenly forget how to play football for weeks before Crawford finds an old ‘how to win matches’ manual under the bed and play well until it gets misplaced again.

Every team is going to have bad spells/games but we must get far better at managing these. Scrabble a shit draw today and win the replay and it’s forgotten about. Not losing 5 in a row during a bad month but instead taking 4 or 5 points from that period.

I don’t think our board are particularly likely to act as long as the decent spells keep cropping up now and again, the question comes if a bad spell lasts long enough to put us in the relegation spots for a few weeks. Can we find a way to win if the pressure cranks up?

Failure to win next week will make things difficult for Crawford. Today was probably the first overtly negative reaction I’ve seen from the fans. Even against Alloa and Arbroath fans have for the most part just left with their heads down grumbling, there was some quite loud booing etc at full time but that’s from only a tiny % of the support who traveled down. Play similar at home and I think it will be tipping point for craw which whilst not necessarily get him the sack will leave him struggling to get/keep fans onside.