League wins 2010/11 and 15/16

Admin

2 relegations

The managers of the 10's

BBMMH free kick

Qualifying for the play offs

Sean Murdoch equalising the Clean sheet record

The match Vs Cowden the mark 20 years since Norrie's passing

Maybe something to shoe horn in beating Dundee, Hearts and taking Celtic to extra time?

Will probably do a player profile of the top scorer of the 10's and most appearances.

It will be more the key moments of the decade rather than highlights as it's been a fairly dull decade compared to the one before which had 2 cup finals. But the club as a whole is in a far better position as we enter the 2020's than when we left the Naughties

Trying to think of some that haven't been mentioned already. Winning 2-1 away at Ayr when Cardle was sent off felt brilliant (I also love winter away matches when it's Baltic). Think Hoppy had one of, if not his best game off the bench and his pace tore them to shreds. Obviously a few downs but we've had our share of ups since 2015 and the club has stabilised somewhat as we look to develop a younger crop of players for the future

I enjoyed the Peterhead game when they went all-out to murder Falky and started the second half with a 4-3 formation. 

Faissal's hattrick to sink Brechin and wrap up the league. 

Nat's Wedderturns. 

Masterton forgetting the door code. 

David Graham scoring the second goal in the sun at Cappielow to win the First Division. 

Pat Scullion. 

BRE's mum.

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Thanks, I had

The run including 7-1

League wins 2010/11 and 15/16

Admin

2 relegations

The managers of the 10's

BBMMH free kick

Qualifying for the play offs

Sean Murdoch equalising the Clean sheet record

The match Vs Cowden the mark 20 years since Norrie's passing

Maybe something to shoe horn in beating Dundee, Hearts and taking Celtic to extra time?

Will probably do a player profile of the top scorer of the 10's and most appearances.

It will be more the key moments of the decade rather than highlights as it's been a fairly dull decade compared to the one before which had 2 cup finals. But the club as a whole is in a far better position as we enter the 2020's than when we left the Naughties

Sums it up perfectly. As you say it's been a pretty average decade yet we still lifted two league titles. There are clubs who haven't won anything in their history.

The final few games of the title season in 10/11 were very special. Hardie's free-kick was an out of body experience, thousands of Pars fans in the sun at Cappielow was beautiful and the festival atmosphere and following pumping of Falkirk was sweet.

Hearing that we were safe from threat of liquidation while on holiday in Newcastle was fantastic.

Despite Grant's bizarre claims, the League 1 title season was fun too. Just a relief to be getting some good results and relative success, after a scary few years.

Does the wee team losing on penalties to Brechin count? Was probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen, made only more remarkable by Brechin's subsequent implosion.

The final few games of the title season in 10/11 were very special. Hardie's free-kick was an out of body experience, thousands of Pars fans in the sun at Cappielow was beautiful and the festival atmosphere and following pumping of Falkirk was sweet.
Hearing that we were safe from threat of liquidation while on holiday in Newcastle was fantastic.
Despite Grant's bizarre claims, the League 1 title season was fun too. Just a relief to be getting some good results and relative success, after a scary few years.
Does the wee team losing on penalties to Brechin count? Was probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen, made only more remarkable by Brechin's subsequent implosion.
Hahah absolutely dead right. Make no apologies for the fact that I, like a few other pars fans, were in the brechin end that day. Fiver to get in and see a pretty decent game of football by that standard, 5 goals including extra time and then seeing them relegated through a glorious penalty shootout. File it under things you love fo see.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The first half was fun, second half was meh, with allot of forgettable games devoid of atmosphere, don't see anything bizarre about that tbh. 

Without checking, the only memorable points from the second half would be the County Cup game which was solid patter and winning the title against Brechin, think Ayr were playing Peterhead? 

Outwith that it's half a season where it was just wasn't very tense, compare that to say the 10/11 season and they're worlds apart. 

For a game I wasn't at, the buzz I got from seing the late winner against County was fucking incredible. Even little things like walking out Central Park and hearing Raith had dropped points etc, Neil McCann doing us a solid. 

The late equaliser against Falkirk after Gerry McCabe was about to deck Pressley, the unbeaten run after Keddie ran the ball into our net against Morton had memories, solid ones at that. 

Edited by Grant228

When we won the league I am pretty sure it was Cowden who unexpectedly beat Peterhead up there. 

I don’t think it was us anyway. We didn’t beat Peterhead once in the league that season but somehow battered them in the play offs.

I, and a good few other Pars fans, won a good amount of coin on that 7-1 home win against Cowden. I had left the game at 6-0 to catch my train, and was absolutely stunned to see that it finished 7-1 with a fiver on that exact result. I was buzzing out my tits that full journey home.

On 20/11/2019 at 15:36, Grant228 said:

The first half was fun, second half was meh, with allot of forgettable games devoid of atmosphere, don't see anything bizarre about that tbh. 

Without checking, the only memorable points from the second half would be the County Cup game which was solid patter and winning the title against Brechin, think Ayr were playing Peterhead? 

Outwith that it's half a season where it was just wasn't very tense, compare that to say the 10/11 season and they're worlds apart. 

For a game I wasn't at, the buzz I got from seing the late winner against County was fucking incredible. Even little things like walking out Central Park and hearing Raith had dropped points etc, Neil McCann doing us a solid. 

The late equaliser against Falkirk after Gerry McCabe was about to deck Pressley, the unbeaten run after Keddie ran the ball into our net against Morton had memories, solid ones at that. 

Not arguing that the 10/11 season was much better but still very much enjoyed the novelty of Pars swatting aside teams with ease.

The first few games get most of the buzz, especially seeing Faiss, Joe and Moff run riot. The couple of crucial wins at Ayr were great and I remember another superb performance at Forfar, when it could have reached 7 or 8.

The Brechin was also so much fun, with Faiss hat-trick and realising that Peterhead were losing and we'd be champions. Give me that over mid-table nothingness that we've felt pretty much ever since.