Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Said no to penalties?

Pretty certain that we didn't make the rules of the competition.

They missed out our semi final against Inverness as well. That also went to a replay, albeit as Pittodrie. Perhaps we said no to penalties then as well.

The last one mentioned didn't happen.

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

In cup competitions as a neutral ground, the semi replay win must be the only one we've had at Hampden for about 40 years.

Think before the Hibs replay win the last one at Hampden was in 1968...

32 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Rangers skol cup semi
Hibs skol cup final
Falkirk semi
Celtic x3 finals
ICT semi
Hibs semi

Won against queens park

Hampden tour. Nobody lost.

We played the old, dead Rangers in the league cup (Coca Cola) in 96. Lost 6-1! Is that the one you mean?

We played in the semi final of the same tournament in 97 (after that Alan Moore extra time goal saw us beat Hearts at East End in front of a massive crowd!) as well. Was that at Hampden?

Murray and thomson are both far too good to stay out the team long once fit. But as things stand I don’t think either walk into the side. Probably need to be patient and wait and see who gets injured/suspended/drop in form.

I think our best 11 is probably

Gill/scully
Cromie Ashcroft Murray Martin
Dow Paton thomson Kiltie
Ryan nisbet

Turner in particular is unfortunate to miss out. And if we could get coley playing nearer his full potential constituently ryan drops out and Kiltie would go up front where he’s at his best.

Edit- looking at suspensions, turner is on 4 bookings and unlikely to go too long without picking up more. So baring an other opportunity coming up that’s probably where thomson will get his first start.

For Murray I believe he’s due for re-assessment soon, hopefully he gets passed as fit before the Stranraer game where Ashcroft is suspended.
Politics forum for this...

We played the old, dead Rangers in the league cup (Coca Cola) in 96. Lost 6-1! Is that the one you mean?
We played in the semi final of the same tournament in 97 (after that Alan Moore extra time goal saw us beat Hearts at East End in front of a massive crowd!) as well. Was that at Hampden?
We played Old Rangers at Hampden Park in the late 80s in the Skol Cup - we lost 5-0 and later to be a Par Ian Ferguson scored the 5th with a few minutes still to play but we were on the way back to the car by then. The 6-1 loss in the Coca-Cola Cup was at Parkhead whilst Hampden was being redeveloped. We made 2 League Cup semi finals in a short space of time in the Paton era, we lost 1-0 to Celtic in an awful game at Ibrox where Craig Burley scored the only goal and Jonathan Gould pulled off a great save from a long range Hamish French shot near the end.

1989/90

They beat us 5-0. I think it was the year before we played hibs?

The 96 was at celtic park.

I think the semi final before hibs was at Tynecastle when Norrie scored a penalty against airdrie totally against the run of play.

25 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
56 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We played Old Rangers at Hampden Park in the late 80s in the Skol Cup - we lost 5-0 and later to be a Par Ian Ferguson scored the 5th with a few minutes still to play but we were on the way back to the car by then. The 6-1 loss in the Coca-Cola Cup was at Parkhead whilst Hampden was being redeveloped. We made 2 League Cup semi finals in a short space of time in the Paton era, we lost 1-0 to Celtic in an awful game at Ibrox where Craig Burley scored the only goal and Jonathan Gould pulled off a great save from a long range Hamish French shot near the end.

25 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

1989/90

They beat us 5-0. I think it was the year before we played hibs?

The 96 was at celtic park.

I think the semi final before hibs was at Tynecastle when Norrie scored a penalty against airdrie totally against the run of play.

Ah, makes sense, thanks!

Aye the Skol Cup semi was at Tynecastle. I would have been 5 then so wasn't at the game!

Seen the YouTube stuff though.

Dunfermline 2-1 Raith, April 2011.
Dunfermline 3-1 Dundee August 2015.

I'd imagine Clarke's equaliser at ICT in April 2018 which left us a win against Dumbarton away from the play offs would be up there for most.

Been a pretty shite decade if am honest [emoji23]

Beadling’s goal at Celtic Park obviously isn’t going to make the ‘best’ moment of the decade, but it really won’t be far off. Probably top 10 tbh.