Walking Down The Halbeath Road

29 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Craigen got pass marks last season, that was about it. Every single other player was absolute horse-shit, barring Joe Thomson.

I don’t think J Longridge was even that good tbh. Masterstroke from Crawford selling him when we had Lewis Martin coming back from injury.

Longridge was good. 

Anderson and Keena were also good.

Longridge wasn’t as good as Martin imo. He often got forward and punted the ball out of play. Martin is excellent and could easily play in the SPL.

Have seen Martin do well at left, right back and now he’s improved at centre half. I thought he was MOTM against Celtic for both sides.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Longridge wasn’t as good as Martin imo. He often got forward and punted the ball out of play. Martin is excellent and could easily play in the SPL.

Have seen Martin do well at left, right back and now he’s improved at centre half. I thought he was MOTM against Celtic for both sides.

Is he a time traveler ;)

I agree he is a better player than L Longridge

As much as Edwards is doing well so far, it'd have been interesting to see Jackson Longridge in this Pars team compared to the absolute dugmeat of last season.

51 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Disagree.

I like Martin but Longridge is a better player. 

Jackson Longridge was poor defensively.  Always found he had to revert to a lunging tackle to make up for his poor positioning. The fact he had a knack of scoring goals covered up a lot of deficiencies.

Personally think Martin is quite a bit better than Jackson and I think Edwards will eventually become far better than both of them. The lad has all the attributes to move on to bigger things.

What's going to happen when Murray is fit? Will he get back in to the team? Will Martin be shunted to left back or maybe dropped? Or will the manager just continue with the same back four?

Also is Tom Lang dead? I presume he is as I've already sent the widow a ham.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's going to happen when Murray is fit? Will he get back in to the team? Will Martin be shunted to left back or maybe dropped? Or will the manager just continue with the same back four?

If performances continue as they have been, I see no reason for Murray to get into the team. Ashcroft and Martin look comfortable whilst Edwards is improving each game. 

Also, define "ham"? I heard Lang pouted himself to death. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

If performances continue as they have been, I see no reason for Murray to get into the team. Ashcroft and Martin look comfortable whilst Edwards is improving each game. 

Also, define "ham"? I heard Lang pouted himself to death. 

Ham is pork from a leg cut that has been preserved by wet or dry curing, with or without smoking. As a processed meat, the term "ham" includes both whole cuts of meat and ones that have been mechanically formed.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A few weeks back and Ashcroft drops out but he's been back to his best since then, no way you drop Martin. 

I'd personally drop Edwards, I don't rate him as highly as others seem too though, he's alright but hasn't been as good as Martin at LB. While I think Murrays organisational skills would benefit us more. 

Tom Lang has had a recurring hamstring injury. Shame because he looked great in the little I saw of him, with him still to come back, and Devine not playing absolutely dreadfully when he came on we look strong at CB, little wonder Martin was adament he wanted to play through his injury. 

Murray and thomson are both far too good to stay out the team long once fit. But as things stand I don’t think either walk into the side. Probably need to be patient and wait and see who gets injured/suspended/drop in form.

I think our best 11 is probably

Gill/scully

Cromie Ashcroft Murray Martin

Dow Paton thomson Kiltie

Ryan nisbet

Turner in particular is unfortunate to miss out. And if we could get coley playing nearer his full potential constituently ryan drops out and Kiltie would go up front where he’s at his best.

Edit- looking at suspensions, turner is on 4 bookings and unlikely to go too long without picking up more. So baring an other opportunity coming up that’s probably where thomson will get his first start.

For Murray I believe he’s due for re-assessment soon, hopefully he gets passed as fit before the Stranraer game where Ashcroft is suspended.

53 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but next weeks game is off due to call ups.

Can't see that mentioned anywhere? 

Our website/twitter is normally on the ball with these sort of things, likewise the SPFL twitter page hasn't said anything.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Can't see that mentioned anywhere? 

Our website/twitter is normally on the ball with these sort of things, likewise the SPFL twitter page hasn't said anything.

Ayr have asked for postponement due to having 3 players on international duty which is the rules , still awaiting confirmation from SPFL , can’t see it being on , but club can’t release press report until official documents arrive from SPFL

26 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Ayr have asked for postponement due to having 3 players on international duty which is the rules , still awaiting confirmation from SPFL , can’t see it being on , but club can’t release press report until official documents arrive from SPFL

Thought your players are released on the Friday and thus aren't on International duty on the day of the game?