Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Blair was no more than neat and tidy with us in his second spell. However, I am surprised no mention of the "Agent Blair" performance he put in when we beat you at East End the second time with our squad of utter duds.

I found it hilarious obviously but if the shoe was on the other foot id have been fuming and never forgiven him. He was Dennon Lewis levels of shitebag that day. One of the worst individual performances that I can think of recently.

Osman absolutely strolled it and I was convinced you would stay up. God bless Ray though.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Glowing references all round from the Pars fans. Sign him up Kerr.

Tbf that's usually a good sign. Quite a few players have left us with shite reports and gone on to do well at other clubs. It feels like that's the case, anyway.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Glowing references all round from the Pars fans. Sign him up Kerr.

Looked to me like a player who has been smothered by meaningless reserve/academy football down south and was well off the pace. I'm sure he's quite talented but can't emphasise how much of a shitebag he was in a Pars shirt.

Maybe it was just low confidence or a bad atmosphere around a struggling side.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Muirhead against us at New Year? Is still the worst performance I've seen against us at this level in recent memory, how he got picked up by Ayr is nuts. 

Aye, an ever present in a team that’s sitting second top and not been out the top 4 all season, mental. :huh:

9 minutes ago, smpar said:

Tbf that's usually a good sign. Quite a few players have left us with shite reports and gone on to do well at other clubs. It feels like that's the case, anyway.

The opposite effect is starting to take place I feel. Dece McManus, Paul Paton, Ryan Dow et al all supposedly "shite" and not good enough, yet those players have been, and continue to be, totally sound for us. Ryan Dow has been exceptional, actually. Definitely one of our best players just now. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

The opposite effect is starting to take place I feel. Dece McManus, Paul Paton, Ryan Dow et al all supposedly "shite" and not good enough, yet those players have been, and continue to be, totally sound for us. Ryan Dow has been exceptional, actually. Definitely one of our best players just now. 

Declan McManus came with a decent reputation, didn't he? Did okay at the wee team and did well with Morton. 

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Declan McManus came with a decent reputation, didn't he? Did okay at the wee team and did well with Morton. 

Pretty sure the Wee Team and some Morton fans, to an extent, based on his second spell, weren't very positive. 

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

He wasn't actually: he was utter shite. 

He did score a couple of nice diving headers in some meaningless early season games, looked like he could be handy and then it turned out he wasn't actually a footballer. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He did score a couple of nice diving headers in some meaningless early season games, looked like he could be handy and then it turned out he wasn't actually a footballer. 

Shocked to see he's playing National League football down in England. I thought Kikcaldy YMCA might be his level. 

Except Paton is shite, and if you think otherwise it saays more about the decline in your ambitions/expectations than it does about him.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Except Paton is shite, and if you think otherwise it saays more about the decline in your ambitions/expectations than it does about him.

Hate to break it to you champ, but he has been absolutely fine. Sits back and helps the defence, sweeps up etc. Basically does the dirty work. Thanks for your input, though. 

With Paton its abundantly clear he's in a team and at a club that see him as the experienced guy, and leads as such. Watch him in games, always talking to the guys around him helping them keep shape, move the ball or whatever. He isn't the guy dribbling 40 yards, he's finding the guys like Dow and Ryan who will go run with it and attack the opposition defence.

He's clearly thriving in this environment and I can't wait for the Sea of Love if/when hopefully he scores for us at some point.

Because you'll have seen every dunfermline game this season right enough.