Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Didnt Derek Tory play for a made up country or some such? Seeland or some shit?

Wasn't that Ged Brannan?

He played for the Cayman Islands.

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Ryan Blair playing as a trailist for Ayr reserves tonight. Was he any good for you guys last season?

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What was Ryan Blair like with you guys last season? Apparently played in a reserve game for us tonight. 

I wouldn't have him ahead of any of our midfield including our own reserves. Had decent enough skill but lacked any steel or energy and lost ever midfield battle he entered.

Adam’s pretty much on the money there, from what I saw of Blair. Looks like the ability was there to be a match winner but seemed to shy away more often than not. Tbf our entire squad performed to a sub-standard level last season so he may be better than that. Decent from a set piece.

Derek Stillie is standing as the Tory candidate for Ayrshire Central in the General Election.

I mind the chant “you’ll never be a lawyer.” “You’ll never be an MP” doesn’t quite have the same ring.
So not giving up his day job of keeper coach at Ayr United then

5 minutes ago, mikedafc said:
10 hours ago, smpar said:
Derek Stillie is standing as the Tory candidate for Ayrshire Central in the General Election.

I mind the chant “you’ll never be a lawyer.” “You’ll never be an MP” doesn’t quite have the same ring.

So not giving up his day job of keeper coach at Ayr United then

He is actually a full time Lawyer and only does some part time training with keepers at Ayr 

What was Ryan Blair like with you guys last season? Apparently played in a reserve game for us tonight. 

Ok to start with, his set pieces were important part in our 5 game winning run.

Seemed to show all his worst trates when things got a bit tough. Started shirking tackles and not wanting the ball, and losing possession when he did have it(he originally looked like he had good ball retention and passing range)

I liked Blair but seemed to be in the minority and I probably think I called it wrong with him. He can hit a dead ball and his calmness, at times, was very needed at a crucial stage last season.

That said, he was known to pussy out a tackle and he really didn't want to know towards the end of the season (picked up 1 point out of a possible 24).

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Ok to start with, his set pieces were important part in our 5 game winning run.

Seemed to show all his worst trates when things got a bit tough. Started shirking tackles and not wanting the ball, and losing possession when he did have it(he originally looked like he had good ball retention and passing range)

That sums him up really well. 

Blair was no more than neat and tidy with us in his second spell. However, I am surprised no mention of the "Agent Blair" performance he put in when we beat you at East End the second time with our squad of utter duds.

I found it hilarious obviously but if the shoe was on the other foot id have been fuming and never forgiven him. He was Dennon Lewis levels of shitebag that day. One of the worst individual performances that I can think of recently.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Blair was no more than neat and tidy with us in his second spell. However, I am surprised no mention of the "Agent Blair" performance he put in when we beat you at East End the second time with our squad of utter duds.

I found it hilarious obviously but if the shoe was on the other foot id have been fuming and never forgiven him. He was Dennon Lewis levels of shitebag that day. One of the worst individual performances that I can think of recently.

Why don't you like Madison Square Garden? 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Muirhead against us at New Year? Is still the worst performance I've seen against us at this level in recent memory, how he got picked up by Ayr is nuts. 

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Muirhead against us at New Year? Is still the worst performance I've seen against us at this level in recent memory, how he got picked up by Ayr is nuts. 

Yeah he was calamitous that day but our team of last season is exempt as it would be unfair to other legitimately shit performances. We would  sweep the board. 

That New Year game was a toxic affair. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You're 100% right. It was one of the most embarrassing and pathetic performances I've ever seen in my life.