Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Hes frustrating because on his day was the best winger we've had since prime cardle or gibson

I raise you David Graham.

5 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Nah it was Edinburgh to Carlisle.
This is the day [mention=46398]Chicken Wing[/mention] nearly blinded me at Haymarket.

Deserved it.

Harsh. Verging on hurtful.

Thing is, if you want to make as much money as possible out of the game then absolutely go for it. It's a fickle sport and it will shit you out after you can't go any more. Don't try and pretend it's a "stepping stone" or you're putting yourself in a shop window.

Thing is though, if he applied himself every week, he’d be playing in the top flight up here, or lured to league one down south. He’d be in a much more secure position (in terms of being sure of teams offering him contracts) and would probably be earning more money.

His attitude is the reason that Cove were the highest bidder. Fyvie can put it down to injuries, Aird can’t.

We’ve played Broxburn before?

Definitely want to avoid the championship clubs and probably about 1/2 of league 1 as well. One of the tie winners would be best ideally non-league club away, which should be a decent day but would end up being one of the sides who share with spfl sides. BSC would be good in the ‘never played them’ but I’d really not fancy playing them at Alloa in front of a couple hundred.

There was a Broxburn United (unrelated to the current Broxburn Athletic) that played in the SFL 1921-1926 so Dunfermline may have played that club at some point

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

McIntyre era was good for wingers. McDougall wasn’t too shabby either. 
A very good side back then.

The forgotten man- he went down rather easily for BMMMH's free kick on the day he broke the Rovers. 

McDougall was decent but seemed to get injured all the time.  Who was the other guy we got around that time, Holmes? Looked a decent CM but again, always injured.

The forgotten man- he went down rather easily for BMMMH's free kick on the day he broke the Rovers. 
McDougall was decent but seemed to get injured all the time.  Who was the other guy we got around that time, Holmes? Looked a decent CM but again, always injured.

That was brilliant. Always liked mcdougal, did a job up front as well when needed, but never going to be a stand out with the rest of our attacking talent at the time. Holmes missed loads of games but scored a belter to beat airdrie in the Scottish cup that set up the Aberdeen tie. IIRC that was the night McIntyre casually destroyed kenny black after the match telling him cardle and mcdougal were signed up on pre-contracts.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Falkirk or raith rovers please.

God no. I wouldn't be confidence of our chances at all.

Would much rather something new and different. 

I spent a good half hour yesterday researching how to get to Fort William and Strathspey Thistle's grounds!

Good win today, hopefully can put some more results together and get ourselves out of the arse end of the table. But more important than league form with just about every tie in the Scottish cup being won who are we after in the next round, I would gladly take any league 2 or below team away for the trip. Hopefully steer clear of Raith and Falkirk.

Saw this on the ICT thread and have shamelessly stolen it (yoink!).

With just over 2 months of the decade left, what would your Pars XI of the 2010s be?

Had a think about this earlier and, whilst probably forgetting some players, came up with the following;

Gallacher

Geggan Morris Ashcroft Martin 

Gibson Falkingham Hardie Cardle

Kirk El Bakhtoui

Keeper was fairly easy. Scully might have won POTY twice but that was in League 1 in a gash team. Murdoch's injury meant he wasn't really a shout.

In defence Callum Woods nearly got in but I couldn't leave out Geggan. Ashcroft has been poor this season and last but was solid with Morris.

Steven Bell is unlucky to miss out in midfield but how can you not have BMMMH or Wee Josh?! There surely can't be any argument about Gibson and Cardle.

Nicky Clark only just loses out to El Bak mark 1 for that glorious season Fais had. El Bak mark 2 would be in the worst XI of the decade.

Saw this on the ICT thread and have shamelessly stolen it (yoink!).
With just over 2 months of the decade left, what would your Pars XI of the 2010s be?
Had a think about this earlier and, whilst probably forgetting some players, came up with the following;
Gallacher
Geggan Morris Ashcroft Martin 
Gibson Falkingham Hardie Cardle
Kirk El Bakhtoui

Keeper was fairly easy. Scully might have won POTY twice but that was in League 1 in a gash team. Murdoch's injury meant he wasn't really a shout.
In defence Callum Woods nearly got in but I couldn't leave out Geggan. Ashcroft has been poor this season and last but was solid with Morris.
Steven Bell is unlucky to miss out in midfield but how can you not have BMMMH or Wee Josh?! There surely can't be any argument about Gibson and Cardle.
Nicky Clark only just loses out to El Bak mark 1 for that glorious season Fais had. El Bak mark 2 would be in the worst XI of the decade.

Josh Falkingham ahead of Gary Mason and Andy Geggan ahead of Calum Woods? In the same post that you say Scully misses out, cause his best years were in league 1 as well... having said that Gallacher is easily the best keeper we’ve had in the last 15 years, never mind 10.

I’d probably have Austin McCann at LB as well. Wasn’t anything spectacular, but was decent at this level and one of our better players in the top flight season. Can’t argue with your other selections though. Rutkiewicz didn’t play nearly enough games to be included in a team like this, despite playing very well when he did.