Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Unless I'm mistaken the draw for the next round of the Scottish Cup is made on Sunday during Sportscene.

Either way, we're in the draw due to where we finished in the league last season.

It's time to hope and dream of a cracking away trip before we inevitably draw Alloa at home.

31 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Why is there no point in being in the Scottish Cup or am I being wooshed?

Aye he's talking pish. Ignore the fandan. Here's this weekend games;

Albion Rovers v Fort William
Annan Athletic v Brechin City
Auchinleck Talbot v Cove Rangers
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Buckie Thistle
Cowdenbeath v Broxburn Athletic
East Kilbride v Gretna 2008
Edinburgh City v Banks O’Dee
Elgin City v Berwick Rangers
Formartine United v Gala Fairydean Rovers
Lochee United v BSC Glasgow
Nairn County or Clachnacuddin v Brora Rangers

Penicuik Athletic v Stenhousemuir
Rothes v Inverurie Loco Works
Spartans or Deveronvale v Queen’s Park
Stirling Albion v Strathspey Thistle
University of Stirling v Linlithgow Rose

The winners go in the draw for the third round along with all League 1 clubs and the clubs that finished 5-10th in the Championship last season (us, Partick, QoTS, Alloa, Falkirk, Morton).

Potentially we could get a great tie against someone we've never played before (see teams in bold). We could also get Morton at East End or Alloa away.

Hoping for one of the highland league teams or Lochee United away, but would happily settle for any of the others in bold away.

Would absolutely love a trip up north. If it's a Championship side at home then I'm done with football.

Selfishly, I'd take Cove, Peterhead or QP away as they are three of the four league teams I've not seen Pars play away against.

Would prefer not playing a side we might get embarrassed by but that's a very short list.

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I've not seen us play at Galabank, Annan or at Raydale Park, Gretna - the only two senior grounds in Scotland that still exist we have played a competitive fixture and not been to I think - so Annan or Gretna away would be lovely.

I remember getting a supporters' bus down to Annan. A fucking harrowing experience.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Big laugh seeing Fraser Aird on the BBC Sport page saying people will be questioning why he's signed for Cove Rangers.

It's the money Fraser. Everyone knows it's the money.

Incredibly he's still only the third most deluded person on that site this week, behind Gary Caldwell and Danny Lennon.

He's the very definition of a shitebag. Bags and bags of potential, an utter class player on his day but doesn't seem to want to actually improve himself and keeps jumping down the ladder in search of an easy pay day. Fucking pathetic. 

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He's the very definition of a shitebag. Bags and bags of potential, an utter class player on his day but doesn't seem to want to actually improve himself and keeps jumping down the ladder in search of an easy pay day. Fucking pathetic. 

Thing is, if you want to make as much money as possible out of the game then absolutely go for it. It's a fickle sport and it will shit you out after you can't go any more. Don't try and pretend it's a "stepping stone" or you're putting yourself in a shop window.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I believe the league cup match we had we did Fife to Edinburgh, Edinburgh to Glasgow, Glasgow to Carlisle, Carlisle to Annan and then again in reverse. Could be wrong, might have been Edinburgh to Carlisle. 

Nah it was Edinburgh to Carlisle.

This is the day @Chicken Wing nearly blinded me at Haymarket.

Aye he's talking pish. Ignore the fandan. Here's this weekend games;
Albion Rovers v Fort William
Annan Athletic v Brechin City
Auchinleck Talbot v Cove Rangers
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Buckie Thistle
Cowdenbeath v Broxburn Athletic
East Kilbride v Gretna 2008
Edinburgh City v Banks O’Dee
Elgin City v Berwick Rangers
Formartine United v Gala Fairydean Rovers
Lochee United v BSC Glasgow
Nairn County or Clachnacuddin v Brora Rangers

Penicuik Athletic v Stenhousemuir
Rothes v Inverurie Loco Works
Spartans or Deveronvale v Queen’s Park
Stirling Albion v Strathspey Thistle
University of Stirling v Linlithgow Rose

The winners go in the draw for the third round along with all League 1 clubs and the clubs that finished 5-10th in the Championship last season (us, Partick, QoTS, Alloa, Falkirk, Morton).
Potentially we could get a great tie against someone we've never played before (see teams in bold). We could also get Morton at East End or Alloa away.
Hoping for one of the highland league teams or Lochee United away, but would happily settle for any of the others in bold away.

We’ve played Broxburn before?

Definitely want to avoid the championship clubs and probably about 1/2 of league 1 as well. One of the tie winners would be best ideally non-league club away, which should be a decent day but would end up being one of the sides who share with spfl sides. BSC would be good in the ‘never played them’ but I’d really not fancy playing them at Alloa in front of a couple hundred.