Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Wondering why Alloa can attract three or more high quality managers and we end up with a guy who failed at east fife?
Alloa fc last 3 managers didn't apply for the posts . All 3 were chosen by the Chairman and his Board . Ross was out a job . Goodwin was a player at the club and Grant was out a job . Goodwin was on the pars shortlist when AJ went but your board wanted SC

14 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
On 05/10/2019 at 10:50, D.A.F.C said:
Wondering why Alloa can attract three or more high quality managers and we end up with a guy who failed at east fife?

Alloa fc last 3 managers didn't apply for the posts . All 3 were chosen by the Chairman and his Board . Ross was out a job . Goodwin was a player at the club and Grant was out a job . Goodwin was on the pars shortlist when AJ went but your board wanted SC

Crawford was appointed literally the next day so they didn't even have a "shortlist"

If you keep trying you might type a useful post before you reach 500.

Of course he was. But that’s about his level. Also, my left leg could’ve got us promoted with that budget in that league.
Sure, but managers have had these budgets before and utterly blown it. When he signed Cardle I knew right then we'd win it.

We've played 22 home games in the league at East End Park since start of 18/19. That's 66 points available. We've taken just 20, winning 5 and drawing 5.

We have failed to score in 12 of those games. In those 22 games we have scored 16 goals and conceded 24.

Total number of league wins at East End Park since the start of 18/19 by team;

Pars - 5

Dundee United - 4

Ross County - 2

Falkirk - 2

Inverness - 2

Ayr United - 1

Morton - 1

Queen of the South - 1

Exceedingly grim stuff.

New life is needing breathed in to EEP. If we're sticking out with Crawford for the rest of the season, I really hope QoS, Partick and the part-timers have, somehow, worse seasons than us. 

All wishful thinking.

On 06/10/2019 at 10:47, Darth Merlot said:

Crawford is is a chancer, you can see his lack of confidence in interviews, he looks terrified, like he's been caught shagging his wife's sister.
Has anyone listened to one of his pre match interviews and though "Oooft, buzzin for the match now!" ?
He knows he's out his depth but he'll wring it out for as long as he can just like every other charlatan we invite back through the doors.
I'm actually scared we get rid of Crawford in case we end up with the fat lying snake that is Nipper.

"Fat lying snake"??? That's a bit harsh, what did he do to you?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Yes please!

Finances might be an issue here (as well as the board *actually* punting Crawford) but I have a strange 'gut feeling' about the above prediction. 

If Crawford is getting punted, then I guess you can always reach out to Ross and see if it would be an option.
I'm 99% convinced the answer would be laughter, followed by a firm "naw thanks, pal".

Given his relationship with Potter and being an ex-player (I use that lightly) there’s a chance he would say yes. And if you don’t ask, you don’t get. He probably would say no, but there are currently no premiership jobs available. He also hasn’t managed at that level and failed with Sunderland.