Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Crawford is is a chancer, you can see his lack of confidence in interviews, he looks terrified, like he's been caught shagging his wife's sister.
Has anyone listened to one of his pre match interviews and though "Oooft, buzzin for the match now!" ?
He knows he's out his depth but he'll wring it out for as long as he can just like every other charlatan we invite back through the doors.
I'm actually scared we get rid of Crawford in case we end up with the fat lying snake that is Nipper.
Absolute keyboard warrior.

What is our style of play supposed to be?

We don't go right at teams.

We aren't well organised and hard to beat.

We don't play a passing game. 

We don't get the ball wide and to get crosses in to the strikers.

If anything it's panicked passing before a big aimless and useless punt up to an isolated striker.

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If anything it's panicked passing before a big aimless and useless punt up to an isolated striker.

It was meant to be high press, high tempo. Certainly not what's happening.

Just about every new young manager in the game goes on about high press football just now as it's on trend with the way Liverpool play, but in reality it's very hard to do with the limited resources.

Livi are the biggest over achievers in Scotland just now and playing a more unfashionable style that suits the kind of players their budget dictates.

It’s reminiscent of boy club “tactics”. Just go out and hoof the ball up the park ASAP and hope the striker(s) get a chance out of it.

Stevie, please just go. Do the right thing and save your reputation. We are absolutely gash. FWIW I think we actually have an ok pool of players. A pool that should be comfortably mid-table. Stevie, quite clearly, isn’t getting the best out of them.

I’m not looking forward to the next two games. It could get nasty.

It's almost as if Crawford doesnt have a clue.

On 05/10/2019 at 20:59, parsforlife said:

It’s a crazy division tbf, had we held on we’d be sitting 5th ffs. With the fixtures next week with a win(or even a draw) we’ll most likely be 6th or 7th after the first quarter, pretty much as expected. Had we been expected to be in the play-offs or challenging then we’ve of had a shit start but we weren’t, the board and management have been pretty open that this is a building season.

We’ve taken points from all 4/5 of our bottom 6 competitors with most of those games being away from home. A win or even a point next week will likely have us 6th or 7th after the first quarter, exactly where we would expect to be. Had we been expected to make the playoffs this year then the frustrations would make more sense, but for me whilst we’d like to being doing better we’re not far away from getting the results we need

Nah, you're off your head mate.

We have won 1 of our last 16 league games. I don't care if it's a building season or we have a young squad, that's a totally unacceptable run for any manager at any level. Either he's got a good squad and is doing less than nothing with it or he's signed a bunch of shite players. I think it's the former but he's culpable either way.

We look a desperately poor side in a very poor league. There's no way we should be near relegation when there's two part-time sides in the division and utter muck like Thistle, Queens and Morton but going down is a very real possibility under Crawford. He's not a bad guy but he is clearly useless and out of his depth as a manager.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

2 hours ago, JFPar said:

He's travelled with the Norn Irish U-19's so I don't think it's too bad.

A wrist injury isn't usually one that keeps a player out unless it's a broken bone(s). You see plenty of players with a wrist bandage.

28 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

When was the last time the Pars had a proper recruitment process for choosing the next manager? There wasn't one when McIntyre, Potter or Crawford got the gig and pretty sure JJ and AJ were just asked if they'd like the job.

I'm sure there was a recruitment process when AJ was hired. Almost certain that Mikey that did the graphics for social media made a poster announcing Billy Davies as manager along with others. Obviously AJ got the job, but it seems like there were a good few in the frame. 

I'm sure there was a recruitment process when AJ was hired. Almost certain that Mikey that did the graphics for social media made a poster announcing Billy Davies as manager along with others. Obviously AJ got the job, but it seems like there were a good few in the frame. 
Definitely was, had various favourites in the next manager market at the time. Fluctuated between Gary Bollan and Gus McPherson mainly. Stevie Aitken was quiet heavily linked as well.

He was absolutely the right guy at that time, interviews or not.

Of course he was. But that’s about his level. Also, my left leg could’ve got us promoted with that budget in that league.