Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not sure how long you've supported the Pars mate but it sounds like you're not coping very well with the experience.  

None of us are tbh.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Presumably he means Ross, Goodwin and Grant. 

Goodwin was a player at Alloa which is why he stepped up when Ross moved on. So they didn't 'attract' him at all.

Jack Ross applied for the vacant Alloa post, which is how they 'attracted' him. It was his first managerial role and Alloa were relegated. He was there for less than a year before leaving.

Peter Grant also applied for the vacant Alloa post which is how they 'attracted' him. It very much remains to be seen if he's a good manager or not given he's been in charge for 7 league games. Before last night they were bottom as well. Grant was also part of the atrocious Scotland set up under McLeish. Absolutely no one was touting him as a good manager. Folk laughed when Alloa appointed him. His team were excellent last night but it remains to be seen if he's a good manager. 

In short D.A.F.C. is once again twisting facts, if not outright lying, for some odd reason.

Interestingly, I don't think any of the managers who've applied have gotten our job, they've been hand picked. Jim had verbally said he wanted it. Would come closest to an application but Darren Young would've been the boss had Albion Rovers not wanted an extortionate amount. 

Don't really let football get to me as much these days but I have to admit that I'm a bit pissed off by this tonight.

We really are a soft touch for letting points slip. I can accept that shit happens in football but we either don't take chances like the Alloa game, Drop a two goal lead or lose another late goal like today and Inverness. 

We now have two tough games next and the confidence could really slip if we don't pull off a shock in one of those games.  Really need to start seeing bigger steps of improvement than we are.

Edited by Chubbychops

I really dont want to see the crowd turn and start abusing Crawford so I think with the break we should look to replace him now.
Theres no chance of him improving us. Especially with us playing the top two next.
I would keep shields and bring in an experienced manager with championship experience.

It’s a crazy division tbf, had we held on we’d be sitting 5th ffs. With the fixtures next week with a win(or even a draw) we’ll most likely be 6th or 7th after the first quarter, pretty much as expected. Had we been expected to be in the play-offs or challenging then we’ve of had a shit start but we weren’t, the board and management have been pretty open that this is a building season.

We’ve taken points from all 4/5 of our bottom 6 competitors with most of those games being away from home. A win or even a point next week will likely have us 6th or 7th after the first quarter, exactly where we would expect to be. Had we been expected to make the playoffs this year then the frustrations would make more sense, but for me whilst we’d like to being doing better we’re not far away from getting the results we need

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

It’s a crazy division tbf, had we held on we’d be sitting 5th ffs. With the fixtures next week with a win(or even a draw) we’ll most likely be 6th or 7th after the first quarter, pretty much as expected. Had we been expected to be in the play-offs or challenging then we’ve of had a shit start but we weren’t, the board and management have been pretty open that this is a building season.

We’ve taken points from all 4/5 of our bottom 6 competitors with most of those games being away from home. A win or even a point next week will likely have us 6th or 7th after the first quarter, exactly where we would expect to be. Had we been expected to make the playoffs this year then the frustrations would make more sense, but for me whilst we’d like to being doing better we’re not far away from getting the results we need

As frustrated as people are, this is pretty much spot on. If we were to take 0 points from the next 4 matches we'd probably be looking at a change of manager. The Arbroath and QOS games could prove to be very important for Stevie and the rest of the footballing set up.

Why is 6th or 7th expected? Which 6 teams do you think we should have no expectation of being ahead this season? The Dundee clubs I'll give you. Inverness and Ayr I could almost accept after last season. But Morton? QoS? The part-time clubs? Partick, the only club currently worse than us? I really don't understand how folk are so happy to write off this season when the league is so shite. There is no reason the squad we have assembled shouldn't be 5th and looking to break into the play-offs.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Why is 6th or 7th expected? Which 6 teams do you think we should have no expectation of being ahead this season? The Dundee clubs I'll give you. Inverness and Ayr I could almost accept after last season. But Morton? QoS? The part-time clubs? Partick, the only club currently worse than us? I really don't understand how folk are so happy to write off this season when the league is so shite. There is no reason the squad we have assembled shouldn't be 5th and looking to break into the play-offs.

This pretty much.

Regardless of whether it's a "building season" or not, we judge ourselves against the teams in the league and we are under performing against the teams around us.

To celebrate "taking points" against the bottom 4/5 isn't something to be celebrating, it's also not even correct, we've not taken any points off of Arbroath this season.

Our only victory is against the only team below us in the table while they were managerless, we've drawn with Queens away and at home to Alloa and lost to Arbroath and we're supposed to be happy about that?

I, along with the majority of fans, expected us to be aiming for fourth but probably end up 5th/6th, currently we're failing to avoid a relegation battle. What part of this is remotely "on target"?

This pretty much.
it's also not even correct, we've not taken any points off of Arbroath this season.

4 out of 5, Arbroath are the 5th.

If we accept that the Dundee clubs, ayr and ICT are a bit above the rest of us then it’s not too much of a surprise that the rest of us are getting involved in abit of a mad scrabble like last season. Where we end of in that scrabble determines how successful we’ve been.

Crawford is is a chancer, you can see his lack of confidence in interviews, he looks terrified, like he's been caught shagging his wife's sister.
Has anyone listened to one of his pre match interviews and though "Oooft, buzzin for the match now!" ?
He knows he's out his depth but he'll wring it out for as long as he can just like every other charlatan we invite back through the doors.
I'm actually scared we get rid of Crawford in case we end up with the fat lying snake that is Nipper.

Crawford is is a chancer, you can see his lack of confidence in interviews, he looks terrified, like he's been caught shagging his wife's sister.
Has anyone listened to one of his pre match interviews and though "Oooft, buzzin for the match now!" ?
He knows he's out his depth but he'll wring it out for as long as he can just like every other charlatan we invite back through the doors.
I'm actually scared we get rid of Crawford in case we end up with the fat lying snake that is Nipper.
Someone who clearly has never had any time for Crawford since his playing days and dragging another club legend into the mire? What an angry mess of a post, you sound utterly delighted that we didn't win.

We're 3 unbeaten but you'd never know.