Walking Down The Halbeath Road

55 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

ICT going into admin might save us from league one.
Hope they dont but this looks about as good as we are going to get.

It's only 7 games in so calm it down a bit. 

Perhaps the team under Crawford might miraculously turn it around, but that's doubtful. 

There's still a lot of the season to go and no guarantee that Crawford will see it out.

Daniel Armstrong, who was a trialist for us against Hamilton the other day, has signed for Raith. Hopefully that means we make a move for someone like Keilor-Dunne or that Macdonald's injury isn't as bad as first thought.

With Dow back fit there’s not a huge amount of urgency to sign a winger, Dow Kiltie and coley as backup is sufficient.

On 30/09/2019 at 09:47, DAFC. said:

Don't be so ridiculous. 

There's many things fans can do to express their disdain. Surely McArthur would be all ears for quarterly fan conferences for us to put forward our concerns?

I appreciate I'm going back a bit in the thread but stuff like this pissed me off, the club should be rightly criticized for things it fails to do or does badly but to criticize it for things it does and things is seems to do well is completely bizarre. 

If you have any suggestions about how the fans could better interact with the boards are the supporters council meetings let me know and I will be happy to raise it with the committee, feel free to PM me.

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Wondering why Alloa can attract three or more high quality managers and we end up with a guy who failed at east fife?

Give it a rest for a bit.

There will probably be plenty to be annoyed about at circa 16.45 today!

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
Wondering why Alloa can attract three or more high quality managers and we end up with a guy who failed at east fife?

Who are the three?

Presumably he means Ross, Goodwin and Grant. 

Goodwin was a player at Alloa which is why he stepped up when Ross moved on. So they didn't 'attract' him at all.

Jack Ross applied for the vacant Alloa post, which is how they 'attracted' him. It was his first managerial role and Alloa were relegated. He was there for less than a year before leaving.

Peter Grant also applied for the vacant Alloa post which is how they 'attracted' him. It very much remains to be seen if he's a good manager or not given he's been in charge for 7 league games. Before last night they were bottom as well. Grant was also part of the atrocious Scotland set up under McLeish. Absolutely no one was touting him as a good manager. Folk laughed when Alloa appointed him. His team were excellent last night but it remains to be seen if he's a good manager. 

In short D.A.F.C. is once again twisting facts, if not outright lying, for some odd reason.

Edited by DA Baracus

Oh and the reason we didn't attract any better managers is because the post was never opened to applications.

Very simple stuff but D.A.F.C. is hinting at something sinister or similar due to his strange agenda to make out that absolutely everything is worst case scenario.

Calm yourself. I’m not trying to twist facts it’s a question I would ask the board why is it that smaller clubs with smaller budgets seem to get more oit of the budget and seem better organised. I would argue the two part time sides are more organised and effective than us.

Most other fans of other clubs know we have arguably one of the worst managers in our league. It was also debated on tv last night with the same outcome.

We can’t afford sentiment.

We never took applications when Crawford was appointed due to implementing the new footballing set up.

34 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Calm yourself. I’m not trying to twist facts it’s a question I would ask the board why is it that smaller clubs with smaller budgets seem to get more oit of the budget and seem better organised. I would argue the two part time sides are more organised and effective than us.

Most other fans of other clubs know we have arguably one of the worst managers in our league. It was also debated on tv last night with the same outcome.

We can’t afford sentiment.

As you've posted across numerous threads, it's because Crawford isn't good enough.

That's it. Nothing more.