Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Caldwell punted. Crawford has a worse record.

Yup. Much worse. I just took a quick look. Caldwell had a win rate of 38.1%*.

Crawford's is 28.57%*. Absolutely grim stuff. Caldwell being punted helps Partick for Saturday. Their players and fans will be lifted now.

*Think it's just for league, as it's from Wikipedia which usually only gives such stats for League games; if we include stuff like League Cup against dross then both would have a slightly higher percentage, but not by much.

EDIT: In fact no, Crawford's record would be even worse as his 3 League Cup wins would be wiped out by the 2 League Cup defeats and the defeats in the Scottish and Challenge Cup.

Going by his current record*, crunching the number suggests that Crawford would only be able to reach a maximum of 35 points this season.

That’s a total that would have seen us finish in the following position in past seasons;

18/19: 10th

17/18: 8th (Brechin finished on 4 and Dumbarton on 30)

16/17: 9th

15/16: 8th (Alloa finished on 21 and Livingston 31)

It’s relegation/playoff form, unless some club suffers a massive collapse worse than Falkirk last season. We’d basically be relying on someone else to stop us going down.

*P: 28 W: 8 D:4 L:16 to date

- 28.5% win rate. 14.1% draws. 57.4% losses.

- 36 games in a season

- This would mean we’d approximately win 10, draw 5 and lose 21

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Holy f**k you were serious 😂😂

The issue isn't whether we think he's a good enough manager for us, the issue is that he is so hilariously above our level that we thought you were joking.

Think Zola and O'Neill are out of a job while we're making ridiculous suggestions.

3 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Your telling me the romantic attachment that fans hold with a club isn't also shared by potential employees 😉

I mentioned Moyes because the OP of the list said they wouldn't have anyone on the list as the manager when obviously Moyes would be more than good enough but an extremely unlikely choice.

I'm a bit late but sad news about JJ hopefully he makes a full recovery, by no stretch of the imagination was he a very good manager for us but probably one of our most important managers?

I did seriously suggest him as a manager who would be more than good enough to manage us, I didn't seriously expect him to be in the dugout any time soon...

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think it's bonkers to still be backing him, we're nowwhere near the stage where we should be taking the financial hit and sacking him, absolutely nowhere close to that. 

So, we've to basically hope things suddenly get better?

57 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The board are brilliant apart from footballing decisions but I feel that they must take some responsibility for another bad decision.

Bit of a shiter that they are the board of a football club then.

22 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I'd take Davie Moyes but next to no chance he would come to the Championship. McCall like stellaboz says did a decent job at Motherwell. 

Whatever happens Greg Sheilds should be allowed to continue as the reserves manager

Davie Moyes? Are you on the wind up min? Even if he was willing to come it would cost tens of thousands a week to pay him.

Edited by Chubbychops

10 hours ago, DAFC. said:

So, we've to basically hope things suddenly get better?

Well yes, contrary to everyone else I don't think we're a million miles away from being pretty good, we've lost by some fine margins and hopefully we can turn those around, under AJ we were getting ridden like a cheap dirty by teams we hoped to be challenging, as it is the only time this season I thought that happened was against Dundee United, and they'll do that to a few teams this season. 

We've got players to come back from injury with some players still to be integrated, I'm pretty content to ride this out for a bit and see where we go, under AJ for example the problems were so glaring, so obvious and yet nothing was getting done, it's a different type of bad atm but it's one that can be reversed. 

In the grand scale of managers Crawford is still massively inexperienced, he like any and every other will be learning. Give it time, more than 5 games into a season for example.