Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Davie Moyes? Are you on the wind up min? Even if he was willing to come it would cost tens of thousands a week to pay him.

As has been pointed out 3 times now the OP of the available Scottish managers said they wouldn't take anyone, I said I would take David Moyes (who wouldn't) it wasn't a realistic choice.

Anyway looking forward to having a day out in Glasgow even if the football is pish.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Disagree we didnt lose many games under AJ by a large margin other than the 5-2 qots game.
We also played a more attractive and organised style.
Now its panic hoofball.
Apart from a half against st mirren and Dundee in 20 games its mostly been horrific.

Bullshit, a good comparison would be a home game against ICT at the start of last season, we got absolutely thumped. The week before that? Thumped by Ayr United. 

The AJ of last season certainly didn't play an organised style or attractive football. 

Cardle to come back and haunt us? 😣 God, the thought of it. Really worried about saturday now. Id of preferred if caldwell was still in charge. Its going to give the thistle players a massive boost, no doubt playing for their spot in the team looking to impress new manager coming in. Hoping that we can put all that to one side, and realise how deep in the proverbial sh** we could be with a loss.

Having said that, 3-0 pars and nisbet to find his scoring boots again. Please! 😍

At least AJ got it right sometimes. We were really good at times. We've only dominated one game under Crawford in the league against partick who were a shambles.
Felt he under achieved with the resources he had available.

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Well yes, contrary to everyone else I don't think we're a million miles away from being pretty good, we've lost by some fine margins and hopefully we can turn those around, under AJ we were getting ridden like a cheap dirty by teams we hoped to be challenging, as it is the only time this season I thought that happened was against Dundee United, and they'll do that to a few teams this season. 

We've got players to come back from injury with some players still to be integrated, I'm pretty content to ride this out for a bit and see where we go, under AJ for example the problems were so glaring, so obvious and yet nothing was getting done, it's a different type of bad atm but it's one that can be reversed. 

In the grand scale of managers Crawford is still massively inexperienced, he like any and every other will be learning. Give it time, more than 5 games into a season for example. 

Bookmark this:

We will be bottom two by Christmas and then it will be panic stations. 

Where are people getting the idea that we're not far off being a good side? We have played well for an hour against Dundee and that's it. If we had Alan Archibald or Mark McGhee or John Hughes in charge and they'd had the same performances/results as Crawford then every single person on this thread would be appalled they hadn't been binned yet - and rightly so.

We've got 4 points from the last 36 available and instead of looking at the very obvious problem, you have people blaming everything but the manager. He's a total dud that has shown almost nothing to suggest we will not struggle to avoid the drop. 

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
6 hours ago, DAFC. said:
Bookmark this:
We will be bottom two by Christmas and then it will be panic stations. 

Bottom two by Christmas? By Christmas? You seen the table fella?

Dear me.

He clearly means we'll be in the bottom 2 at Christmas, not that it will take that long to be bottom 2. Where we are now isn't relevant to his point. Being bottom 2 at Christmas is usually an indicator that you'll be fighting to avoid bottom 2 come the end of the season rather than looking to get a promotion playoff spot and consolidate in mid table.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Where are people getting the idea that we're not far off being a good side? We have played well for an hour against Dundee and that's it. 

Played well against St Mirren and Celtic aswell tbh, I appreciate it was lower league opposition but we we had some cracking performances in the league Cup aswell. 

We've only played truly badly against Dundee Utd and Arbroath? Inverness was the absolute epitome of meh, neither a good or a great performance, at this level of football you'll get that allot. 

So aye, I'm not going to write of the whole season because we played badly against the leagues best side and in awful conditions, we've lost games in tight margins due to individual errors/refereeing mistakes, if you have the referees down as making the right calls then what, we beat Dundee, draw with Inverness and things are hunky dory. 

We're dealing with fine margins, it won't take much for it to swing our way and with a few additions into the starting 11 I reckon we'll have that. 

From this seasons squad we've got a really small sample size, and even then it's not as grim as its getting made to be on here. 

Dear me.
He clearly means we'll be in the bottom 2 at Christmas, not that it will take that long to be bottom 2. Where we are now isn't relevant to his point. Being bottom 2 at Christmas is usually an indicator that you'll be fighting to avoid bottom 2 come the end of the season rather than looking to get a promotion playoff spot and consolidate in mid table.

Thanks.

I should say we’ll STILL be bottom 2 by Christmas, In a league with two part-timers. An absolute tragedy.

Dunfermline fans are a fickle bunch eh. Like it or lump it he's here for the foreseeable, this wasn't a quick win it was investing in a young manager with a philosophy. He's made it clear in his interview today that the chairman is behind him and the fans need to be as well, I don't believe for a minute it's as bad as some on here make out. Looking at league games only, the Dundee game was a classic Scottish refereeing masterclass which cost us 2 points. We were on top for most of the game against Queens and a point down there is never the end of the world. The next 2 games were unacceptable from a performance point of view but we really have been struggling on the injury front with Murray, Dow, McDonald, Lang, Thomson all out. The Inverness game should never have been a defeat and anyone who argues otherwise was definitely not at the game, we created a few good chances in the first half but just didn't get the luck. I'll get slaughtered but I genuinely think we'll turn this around and finish mid table which was the expectations set at the beginning of the season.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Everyone likes Crawford and wants him and the club to do well but jesus 3 points from over 30 available. Horrific.

This is the bottom line. You can appreciate his philosophy, ideals etc all you want, but it's a results based business, said by Mr McArthur himself after AJ was sacked. That is the crux of the matter. It isn't good enough. 

Dunfermline fans are a fickle bunch eh. Like it or lump it he's here for the foreseeable, this wasn't a quick win it was investing in a young manager with a philosophy. He's made it clear in his interview today that the chairman is behind him and the fans need to be as well, I don't believe for a minute it's as bad as some on here make out. Looking at league games only, the Dundee game was a classic Scottish refereeing masterclass which cost us 2 points. We were on top for most of the game against Queens and a point down there is never the end of the world. The next 2 games were unacceptable from a performance point of view but we really have been struggling on the injury front with Murray, Dow, McDonald, Lang, Thomson all out. The Inverness game should never have been a defeat and anyone who argues otherwise was definitely not at the game, we created a few good chances in the first half but just didn't get the luck. I'll get slaughtered but I genuinely think we'll turn this around and finish mid table which was the expectations set at the beginning of the season.

1. What is his "philosophy"? Playing out from the back, high tempo pressing and hitting quickly on the break were all mentioned but have been binned in recent weeks.

2. There is no way we were "on top for most of the the game against Queens" - we started well and scored a good goal but from about the 30 minute mark we were dropping deeper and deeper, losing the midfield battle and surrendering control of the game. Queens hit the woodwork with the last action of the first half and when they did score their equaliser it had been coming.

3. While neither team really deserved anything from the Inverness game, to suggest it should never have been a defeat while ignoring the fact that Gill made more saves than Ridgers, that Inverness made good substitutions and that we could still be playing now and not scored yet. And I was at that game, sadly.

I think folk are hoping that we can play like we did in the first halves of the St Mirren and Dundee games.

If we can then there's hope yet.

Sadly the evidence very strongly suggests that we can't, and that even if we do, we will sit back in the second half massively and throw games away. The second penalty against Dundee was definitely the wrong decision but we were so deep and inviting so much pressure on to us that I wouldn't have been surprised had Dundee scored. Even at 2-2 we nearly lost it when they had that chance late on that was narrowly over the bar.

In Paisley we nearly threw away a 3 goal lead by this sitting back nonsense. By all accounts we sat back loads after taking the lead at Palmerston. We play Partick away tomorrow and it reminds me of our last visit there. We led 2 nil at half time and were well on top, with Partick looking poor and creating very little. Come the end of the game we were desperately hanging on to a 2-2 draw.

So we need to find the good play which we've only displayed in the first half of a couple of games. If we do then we then also need to stop dropping so ludicrously deep and desperately defending a lead.

We need to score goals and stopping giving away penalties. 3 goals in 5 games is not acceptable stuff. 

We all hope he'll turn it around, and I think most fans have been very patient with Crawford given his status as a club legend, but it's just not looking likely. The injury stuff isn't a reasonable excuse given we have a decent looking squad. Even if they were all fit, what difference would they make if we just hoof the ball or fail to create chances, and drop back deeper and deeper and invite the inevitable mistake and/or penalty? After the game got to circa 70 minutes on Saturday folk would probably have been as well just leaving as what happened was so inevitable and obvious. We're soft and predictable at the moment and, once again, the evidence sadly does not suggest it changing.

Let's see what tomorrow brings and hope that it is indeed the start of the fight back.

As alluded to previously, I think we're too frightened to play like we did those games for the risk of being caught out. I think we'll set up to stifle any goal threat and keep things tight as they say.

Hopefully wrong and we come flying out first half grabbing 7 goals.