Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not sure about how it works with his contract but could we afford to sack him?
Please don't say we can't afford not to sack him as that doesn't magic money up out of nothing. Say it costs £50k to punt him but the club only has £20k in the bank; saying 'we can't afford not to sack him' won't make that extra £30k appear. The club doesn't have any borrowing facilities either (rightly in my view; we made a loss last season and before that only small profits, so borrowing more is a moronic gamble. I doubt anyone would lend to the club anyway).
Does anyone know how it would work regarding punting the manager given his rolling contract?
You could put him on garden leave meaning you could still pay him monthly . regarding the rolling contract the club would need to agreed settlement with the individuals concerned . I would expect over the next 6/8 weeks the powers at be would make their minds up

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

So what is ratnamara providing the club with then?

Gabby McGill and some consultancy, his role still hasn't been fully explained by the board which for a "fan owned" club is poor. Awful decisions all round have been made in the past year or so by a very naive board.

Three of the youngsters we signed or gave a trial to were york related.
All the other players were signed from the scottish game apart from bowman.
I dont see what McNamara is bringing that's so special thats all I'm saying.

Wasn’t his main role supposed to be helping the board? I’ve certainly never seen anything saying he was in charge of transfers, as you seem to be suggesting.

If his main role is to help the board out, then what are you expecting to see? Minutes of every meeting he has with the board, confirming what input he has had? Our board have no footballing background and I thought it made sense for them to seek support/guidance on some footballing matters. From the announcement we made, it also sounds like McNamara also isn’t employed by the club. We are simply using his company for this support, which suggests this is not a full time role. We will be paying him/his company for what services he provides. If he doesn’t do anything, we don’t give him anything.

That being said, I do believe he has helped out with some of the scouting. There are a few players with McNamara connections. However, I would also assume that Crawford has had the final say on all transfers.

Before people ask, the following definitely have previous links with McNamara:
Scully (Partick)
Paton (Partick & Dundee United)
Dow (Dundee United)
Coley (York)
McGill (York)

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

You wouldn't take Moyes? He averages 1.5 point a match and kept West ham up. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't break the bank to get him but if he applied I would almost certainly shortlist him.

Still not sure if you're whooshing me tbh but of course I would take Moyes but he is so far out of our range that it's laughable his name was even brought up. His last salary would have dwarfed our entire wage budget comfortably and if it's not Celtic or the national job, he's not coming up north any time soon.

The Coley one was debunked.

Not surprised to see some over reactions. Team playing poorly = absolutely everything is wrong at the club, the classic 'something stinks' nonsense, with McNamara now apparently overseeing all signings in cahoots with an evil board.

Let's calm it down a bit. 

Saying Crawford's signings have been good is really not a compliment. If he's put together a decent squad and still only managed 2/15 points then it would suggest he's a pretty terrible manager. If the recruitment hasn't been good then that's on him as well. He can't just hide behind other people's mistakes any more.

If we lose on Saturday then he'll have gone over 200 days without a league win. That's 14 games, with 11 of those being defeats. Anyone still backing him is bonkers.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Still not sure if you're whooshing me tbh but of course I would take Moyes but he is so far out of our range that it's laughable his name was even brought up. His last salary would have dwarfed our entire wage budget comfortably and if it's not Celtic or the national job, he's not coming up north any time soon.

Your telling me the romantic attachment that fans hold with a club isn't also shared by potential employees 😉

I mentioned Moyes because the OP of the list said they wouldn't have anyone on the list as the manager when obviously Moyes would be more than good enough but an extremely unlikely choice.

I'm a bit late but sad news about JJ hopefully he makes a full recovery, by no stretch of the imagination was he a very good manager for us but probably one of our most important managers?

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The Coley one was debunked.

Not surprised to see some over reactions. Team playing poorly = absolutely everything is wrong at the club, the classic 'something stinks' nonsense, with McNamara now apparently overseeing all signings in cahoots with an evil board.

Take your own advice champ. Evil board ffs.

26 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Take your own advice champ. Evil board ffs.

It was exaggeration for effect, a common device used in writing. I wasn't actually saying that anyone claimed this. 

But I'm sure you knew that.

The Coley one was debunked. Not surprised to see some over reactions. Team playing poorly = absolutely everything is wrong at the club, the classic 'something stinks' nonsense, with McNamara now apparently overseeing all signings in cahoots with an evil board.

You're not over reacting though. 

5 hours ago, Adam101 said:

You wouldn't take Moyes? He averages 1.5 point a match and kept West ham up. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't break the bank to get him but if he applied I would almost certainly shortlist him.

Holy f**k you were serious 😂😂

The issue isn't whether we think he's a good enough manager for us, the issue is that he is so hilariously above our level that we thought you were joking.

Think Zola and O'Neill are out of a job while we're making ridiculous suggestions.

Holy f**k you were serious [emoji23][emoji23]
The issue isn't whether we think he's a good enough manager for us, the issue is that he is so hilariously above our level that we thought you were joking.
Think Zola and O'Neill are out of a job while we're making ridiculous suggestions.

You’d be lucky to get Martin Canning.