Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He’d be a fabulous appointment.

Exactly. Out of those names I would take Adams and McCall. I’ve absolutely no idea if they would be interested, probably not, but if the time comes and we sack Crawford it would be nice if we actually opened ourselves up to applications this time.

I'd take Davie Moyes but next to no chance he would come to the Championship. McCall like stellaboz says did a decent job at Motherwell. 

Whatever happens Greg Sheilds should be allowed to continue as the reserves manager

Not a chance Crawford gets until Christmas, unless there's been a massive improvement in results & performances. I'd chuck him now tbh as I think we're just wasting time on the unlikely scenario we suddenly turn into a good side out of nowhere. I thought he was a terrible choice from the start and I keep waiting to be proved wrong.

We should be grateful if someone as decent as McCall or Adams would take the job IMO. There are very, very few options I would choose Crawford over at the moment. f**k, even AJ at the end would be better than this.

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just for my own piece of mind I need you to confirm this was a joke and/or tongue in cheek.

You wouldn't take Moyes? He averages 1.5 point a match and kept West ham up. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't break the bank to get him but if he applied I would almost certainly shortlist him.

Not sure about how it works with his contract but could we afford to sack him?

Please don't say we can't afford not to sack him as that doesn't magic money up out of nothing. Say it costs £50k to punt him but the club only has £20k in the bank; saying 'we can't afford not to sack him' won't make that extra £30k appear. The club doesn't have any borrowing facilities either (rightly in my view; we made a loss last season and before that only small profits, so borrowing more is a moronic gamble. I doubt anyone would lend to the club anyway).

Does anyone know how it would work regarding punting the manager given his rolling contract?

I think the signings have been pretty decent.

You'll need to remind us when the following played with York City;

- Kevin Nisbet

- Kyle Turner

- Josh Coley

- Tom Lang

- Ryan Dow

- Josh Edwards

- Euan Murray

- Gabby McGill

- Matty Bowman

- Harry Cochrane

- Anthony McDonald

- Greg Kiltie

- Paul Paton

In fact is there a single player in the entire squad who has ever played for York City?

Theres three or four who had links coley was one.

McGill another

We had a trialist in from them also

Coley hasn't any links with York City. The only one is Gabby McGill. Care to make any other shite up?

I seem to recall last season when you were calling for AJ's head, the amount of crap you would continually spout, and be shot down by facts. You seem to be reverting to type again.

Coley hasn't any links with York City. The only one is Gabby McGill. Care to make any other shite up?

I seem to recall last season when you were calling for AJ's head, the amount of crap you would continually spout, and be shot down by facts. You seem to be reverting to type again.
The former York City youth player impressed in non-league last season, earning a pre-season trial with the Canaries which was turned into a full-time contract after impressing for the under-23s.

I agree with above that individually the signings are pretty good for reduced budget. Easily good enough to compete at a mid level in the championship for now and at their age, hopefully develop into a title chasing team in future years.

The problem we have is shaping them into a team. For me our issues are coming from the midfield. We have yet to find a good central midfield partnership and we are struggling with creativity in the wide areas. I believe we have guys in the squad already who can solve these problems when fit. Dow, McDonald, Cochrane, Thomson and Murray can all be added to the side, that's half a team.

The former York City youth player impressed in non-league last season, earning a pre-season trial with the Canaries which was turned into a full-time contract after impressing for the under-23s.

Source?

Edit - found it. My apologies for not delving deep enough into the young man's previous club's, however it would be grand if you're able to name the other 1 or 2.

Coley lived in York until he was 16 and then moved to Hertfordshire to play for Hitchin Town, he would have moved to Hitchin before McNamara joined York as manager. He may have played for York U17's, but it's not officially noted down anywhere.

We picked Coley up because of Crawford speaking to Neil Adams at Norwich, the loan move had nothing to do with York City or anybody's connection to it.