Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Scully dodgy back up keeper at best

Gill U20s seems his level

Comrie decent signing looks comfortable 

Lang can’t judge yet but fail to see how someone with his physique can be so behind the others in terms of fitness? Bizarre 

Ashcroft should be leading but makes as many mistakes as Devine. Can’t deal with high balls or stocky attackers. Has potential to be good.

Devine what a shit signing by AJ

Morrison not good enough but maybe play him at defensive mid?

Murray seems like a good signing unlucky with injuries

Martin good decision by Crawford to keep him as he’s versatile and a very good left back

Josh Edwards seems promising good cover for martin

Thomson really need him back

Paton being asked to do too much for too long he gets scapegoated but he’s not the worst

Beadling either plays for ten mins or disappears for entire games. Disappointing 

Turner not sure why we insist on playing him deep, should be played behind the strikers. Looks good on the ball.

Dow good signing but our only playmaker really

Coley looks too raw could be good but needs time

Paul Allan gets stuck in but too lightweight and inexperienced imo

Andy Ryan needs a proper run in the team

Nisbet good singing but now reduced to watching high balls over his head.

Gill is he any better than Smith? Seems odd to have him and not Callum.

Loan players seem decent but too soon to judge. I know we were on a reduced budget but I’d rather we signed 12 experienced players than this youth malarkey.

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Paul Paton isn't the scapegoat he's just simply the worst footballer in the squad.

He freely admitted as much before he kicked a ball for us tbf. He seemed to playing in a more advanced role on Saturday, which I found interesting. That being said, I'm not sure what the set-up was meant to be as McCann, Kiltie and Beadling all seemed to be playing wherever they felt like.

As for replacements, Neil McCann is not the worst choice but only if the only other option is a plant pot or some other inanimate object. We'd probably end up with McNamara, which I predicted months ago.

7 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Scully dodgy back up keeper at best

Gill U20s seems his level

Comrie decent signing looks comfortable 

Lang can’t judge yet but fail to see how someone with his physique can be so behind the others in terms of fitness? Bizarre 

Ashcroft should be leading but makes as many mistakes as Devine. Can’t deal with high balls or stocky attackers. Has potential to be good.

Devine what a shit signing by AJ

Morrison not good enough but maybe play him at defensive mid?

Murray seems like a good signing unlucky with injuries

Martin good decision by Crawford to keep him as he’s versatile and a very good left back

Josh Edwards seems promising good cover for martin

Thomson really need him back

Paton being asked to do too much for too long he gets scapegoated but he’s not the worst

Beadling either plays for ten mins or disappears for entire games. Disappointing 

Turner not sure why we insist on playing him deep, should be played behind the strikers. Looks good on the ball.

Dow good signing but our only playmaker really

Coley looks too raw could be good but needs time

Paul Allan gets stuck in but too lightweight and inexperienced imo

Andy Ryan needs a proper run in the team

Nisbet good singing but now reduced to watching high balls over his head.

Gill is he any better than Smith? Seems odd to have him and not Callum.

Loan players seem decent but too soon to judge. I know we were on a reduced budget but I’d rather we signed 12 experienced players than this youth malarkey.

You know it's bad when I agree with you.

Don't think it's a coincidence that the turning point from steady progress to steady decline coincided with letting Cardle go. .

Petrie isn't doing well this season but has had Montrose playing well above their station for a while and would be interested to see him take the step up, might not be a risk worth taking though.

It makes it difficult finding a replacement, do we go with a steady hand with experience at this level with the hopes of them steadying the ship and getting us challenging for the playoffs but risk them just continuing the steady decline or do we take a chance on someone not proven at this level, hope they've got what it takes and quickly turn everything around while risking it going downhill even more quickly?

Crawford is on borrowed time and has made a rod for his own back by placing the blame for the end of last season on AJ/the players. He's made his own squad and we're still performing absolutely shite and he's running out of excuses and places to throw the blame. 

Mental to think that folk were tossing themselves off over a league cup performance which included losing to Edinburgh City.

We've played brilliantly for 45 minutes twice this season and in both of those games conceded two without reply in the second half. In every other game we have been horsehit.

We're fragile and extremely poor defensively, they look disorganised and massively error-prone which is a symptom of low confidence and poor coaching/management.

Ryan Scully.

We're non-existent in midfield, leading to panic loans from hearts. We set up for the season with two holding midfielders and, unsurprisingly, have absolutely no creativity there.

We've had some really good recruitment up front but we're providing them with absolutely no service.

Dow, Turner, Martin, Comrie and Nisbet are the only players I care about keeping, the rest can get in the sea unless they remember how to play football, maybe shove Ryan in there as well but i'm still unconvinced by him.

Seems like folk genuinely think Crawford is close to getting fired.

I get the impression that the board aren't even considering it at the moment, and reckon he'll get to at least December. I can understand that point of view (new team etc) but don't personally agree with it. I could accept a run of poor results if we play well and show improvement (the classic example is always the mad 7 game losing run under Calderwood in 00/01 after which we went to do pretty decent and then continually improved) but we're not improving by all accounts and, after a promising start. are slipping back to the ways and levels of last season, meaning we play rushed, panicky shite, don't score goals and are soft as f**k, guaranteed to give away silly goals, especially between the 50th and 60th minute and after the 80th minute.

If we don't improve immediately (not just performances but results) then I'll firmly be in the Crawford out camp, but won't expect any movement until the end of the year on that.

Seems like folk genuinely think Crawford is close to getting fired.
I get the impression that the board aren't even considering it at the moment, and reckon he'll get to at least December. I can understand that point of view (new team etc) but don't personally agree with it. I could accept a run of poor results if we play well and show improvement (the classic example is always the mad 7 game losing run under Calderwood in 00/01 after which we went to do pretty decent and then continually improved) but we're not improving by all accounts and, after a promising start. are slipping back to the ways and levels of last season, meaning we play rushed, panicky shite, don't score goals and are soft as f**k, guaranteed to give away silly goals, especially between the 50th and 60th minute and after the 80th minute.
If we don't improve immediately (not just performances but results) then I'll firmly be in the Crawford out camp, but won't expect any movement until the end of the year on that.
He will get till end Nov to improve results or out

As much as I believe he’ll be given until Christmas to turn things around, however, if we lose the next two games, then the backlash might just be enough to fast forward his sacking.

It’s not just the results; the football is absolutely fucking gash.