Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Why? In pretty much the only games that he's had an almost full squad Dundee, Celtic, QoS I think he has performed as expected although we should have held on against Dundee. But I don't think anyone can doubt he got the best out his players in the opening few games of the season. Once we have a full squad let's judge the manager.

Are you honestly trying to argue that Euan Murray and Ryan Dow are the difference between us being bottom of the league and a decent side? You say "an almost full squad" he's had that for the last three league games and we've lost the lot without scoring.

Blaming injuries, especially when there aren't that many, is the sign of someone looking for excuses. We're very unlikely to EVER have a fully fit squad, because almost no team has no injuries at all. If missing 1 or 2 players leaves us so utterly hopeless then he's built a terrible squad.

Crawford threw last season's squad under the bus and blamed them for all the team's shortcomings. Now he's blaming injuries and penalty decisions. He's either terribly unlucky or a manager that is miles out of his depth. I've strongly suspected it was the latter since his second game in charge and there has been very little in the past 8 months to suggest otherwise.

If he wasn't a popular player then he'd probably have already been emptied and there certainly wouldn't be many folk - if any - coming to his defence. We can sack him now, sack him after Joe Cardle and Kenny Miller beat us next weekend or wait until the international break or Christmas if you want, he's shown nothing to suggest he will turn this around.

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Are you honestly trying to argue that Euan Murray and Ryan Dow are the difference between us being bottom of the league and a decent side? You say "an almost full squad" he's had that for the last three league games and we've lost the lot without scoring.

Blaming injuries, especially when there aren't that many, is the sign of someone looking for excuses. We're very unlikely to EVER have a fully fit squad, because almost no team has no injuries at all. If missing 1 or 2 players leaves us so utterly hopeless then he's built a terrible squad.

Crawford threw last season's squad under the bus and blamed them for all the team's shortcomings. Now he's blaming injuries and penalty decisions. He's either terribly unlucky or a manager that is miles out of his depth. I've strongly suspected it was the latter since his second game in charge and there has been very little in the past 8 months to suggest otherwise.

If he wasn't a popular player then he'd probably have already been emptied and there certainly wouldn't be many folk - if any - coming to his defence. We can sack him now, sack him after Joe Cardle and Kenny Miller beat us next weekend or wait until the international break or Christmas if you want, he's shown nothing to suggest he will turn this around.

I would argue that when a team has to play Danny Devine at CB we look unstable at the back also Coley is about as good defensively as Cardle was. I totally agree that a few injures ought to be worked round but we are missing our best CB, CM and winger, surely that has a negative effect on the team? 

I think he is obviously getting time and patience that other managers probably wouldn't be afforded, on a account of a number of reasons, not disappearing to Dundee Unt, talking a good game about changing the feeling at the club and being one of our best players. 

2 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I would argue that when a team has to play Danny Devine at CB we look unstable at the back also Coley is about as good defensively as Cardle was. I totally agree that a few injures ought to be worked round but we are missing our best CB, CM and winger, surely that has a negative effect on the team? 

I think he is obviously getting time and patience that other managers probably wouldn't be afforded, on a account of a number of reasons, not disappearing to Dundee Unt, talking a good game about changing the feeling at the club and being one of our best players. 

Devine and Coley were used as subs on Saturday and we still didn't look any good at all.

Murray has also only played twice? Most of the guys haven't even played with Thomson, so no, I would say that's not even close to an excuse.

Stevie is my all-time favourite Pars player. I don’t know anyone that would have wanted this to work more than me, but I’m really lost as to how he’s going to turn this around. We look absolutely devoid of any game-plans and confidence looks very low. Plus I think he’s very naïve tactically. They’ll probably give him until Christmas to turn it around, but losing the next two games against other strugglers would be disastrous.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Devine and Coley were used as subs on Saturday and we still didn't look any good at all.

Murray has also only played twice? Most of the guys haven't even played with Thomson, so no, I would say that's not even close to an excuse.

We looked worse when they came on and in fact gave Inverness their only period of sustained pressure after the changes. 

Regardless of how many times Murray and Thomson have played they are still our best players at CB and MC, I think it would be a mistake to punt Crawford before the end of the first quarter, at the very least.

Who do you get in when you sack Crawford then? Petrie probably not flavour of the month anymore, Montrose are in relegation form. Would McIntyre be too obvious? Neil McCann maybe? Darren Young, if you can afford to pay compensation?

Who do you get in when you sack Crawford then? Petrie probably not flavour of the month anymore, Montrose are in relegation form. Would McIntyre be too obvious? Neil McCann maybe? Darren Young, if you can afford to pay compensation?
We'd probably just poach McGlynn tbh #rollinginit

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Leishman

Won't be long until Jack Ross is looking for another job. There must be some other managers that aren't in the traditional Scottish cycle that we can avoid, but if we have to go Scottish then Darren Young would be my choice.